Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 14:46:25
@NNewt84 Said

I ask this because they're basically treating women like children, by sheltering them from outside views, and not learning to take responsibility for their actions. Is this really the kind of world our girls deserve to grow up in?

A) What exactly are "safe spaces"?

B) Once again I suspect you are looking down on women and are actually the one guilty of demeaning them. Try to be a little more clear about your "concerns" and more specific about what you are asking.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#3New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 15:47:32
@NNewt84 Said

I ask this because they're basically treating women like children, by sheltering them from outside views, and not learning to take responsibility for their actions. Is this really the kind of world our girls deserve to grow up in?

The reason there are safe spaces, shelters whatever is because not all men are as enlightened as you are.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 16:17:23
@NNewt84 Said

Why do you think they are only for women?
A quick google-browse shows that is not the case.

You are prescribing your view of the weakness of women to a situation that is intended to be without regard to gender or other "labels"

I suspect if you went to one of these safe spaces and opened your mouth, you'd get your a** kicked.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 16:29:38
Men have been claiming/creating safe places for millennia for themselves.
It's not a new concept, just a new name.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 16:32:57
@DiscordTiger Said

The Man Cave!!

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 16:37:12
@DiscordTiger Said

Hey...you spunky women folk don't need She Sheds.

We genderless Ken doll males let you third wave sluts live in the houses we bought.

psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#8New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 19:33:57
@NNewt84 Said

You clearly don't know what the f*** you're talking about.

Safe spaces, at least in terms of 'safe spaces for women' tend to not refer to places where women are 'sheltered from outside views' and are somehow not taught to take responsibility...

They refer to actual shelters for women who're trying to escape from abusive and harmful relationships, drugs, alcohol and prostitution and above all, judgment from inconsiderate pricks like you!

Do you honestly think that a single mother of two wants to be stuck in a household where here husband comes home drunk and beats the s*** out of her in front of her kids because he had a bad day? Would it not be in the best interest of her and her kids if she up and left the guy and took herself and her children to a women's shelter? Or are you the sort of person who would get a kick out of hearing someone beat their girlfriend/spouse in the apartment next to you?

Seriously Newt, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about, please shut up! All you're doing is proving how much of an ill-informed, contradictory, closeted misogynist that you really are and by s***ting out thread after thread after thread about supposed 'women's rights' and 'I can't be misogynist, some of my best friends are women,' you're just digging your hole deeper and deeper because all that does is show your willingness to double down on your own misinformed views rather than listen to other's opinions and experiences, especially those who've been through some of what you speak of.

I know you were probably talking about safe spaces in terms of 'no negativity or judgmental words here' sort of things, but those don't exist; physically, of course. Women's shelters on the other hand, which are actual safe spaces for women escaping drug/alcohol addiction, physical/mental/sexual/emotional abuse, etc... DO exist! So before you run your mouth about what you 'assume' safe spaces are, why not stop, take a moment and THINK before you post. Maybe do a little more research into the topic before making a broad, generalizing statement.

Because judging from this topic, you clearly don't know what the f*** you're talking about.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#9New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 20:01:28
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 22:33:50
@NNewt84 Said

I was saying that's what the rest of the world believes,

Please explain how you know what the rest of the world believes.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#14New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 22:34:45
@NNewt84 Said

I'm referring to safe spaces on college campuses, where women get to escape any forms of "discrimination", whether it be valid, constructive criticism or not.

Example please....and please be as specific as possible.

@NNewt84 Said

where women get to escape any forms of "discrimination", whether it be valid, constructive criticism or not.

Hmmmm..... ...."discrimination", whether it be valid.... so basically you are saying that women are a bunch of fakes that are pretending to be discriminated against.

So, what do these pretending women do in their "safe spaces"?
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#15New Post! Oct 24, 2016 @ 22:51:10
@NNewt84 Said

I was saying that's what the rest of the world believes, and that women are the "second sex".

this is exactly were you're going wrong
you can not and do not speak for the world.
not only that but you're wrong in your assumption, that is not the way "the rest of the world, thinks"
and
maybe people feel offended when you automatically presume that's the way they think.
your view of the world isn't everybody else's,thankfully.

and...

I've no idea why i'm explaining this to you.
I get the feeling of deja vu...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs