Ridiculous ways you've gotten injured

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#1New Post! Mar 02, 2015 @ 17:26:33
What are the weirdest/dumbest ways you've gotten injured?

-I gave myself whiplash in an intense game of charades when I was 10. I had to wear a brace, and take pain meds for a few weeks.
-I once inadvertently ran into the corner of a dumpster in the summer of 4th grade, and needed stitches in my forehead.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 02, 2015 @ 17:38:47
in my 20's , one day at my house, i was coming in from my backyard through my kitchen's backdoor. i just washed my mom's car, and i throw my car's keys toward at the kitchen's counter. i missed the kitchen's counter, and the keys fell short of the counter, and fell to the ground. i went over naturally to pick up. i started to bend over and smacked my head really hard on the edge of the kitcken's counter. for a week, i had a mild concussion.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 02, 2015 @ 19:19:38
Nearly broke my leg climbing over a dry stone wall, the wall collapsed on top of me
SweetAsCanBe On May 01, 2018

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 02, 2015 @ 21:59:29
Stepped on up turned plug sockets those things are serious killers so painful!!
cyBER_DuDE360 On April 20, 2015

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 02:48:12
@smallBUTTerflies Said

What are the weirdest/dumbest ways you've gotten injured?

I once touched a hot iron that actually had a note next to it saying "Don't touch"
I was about 13 at the time.
My finger has a burn scar on it so I don't have a finger print now.

I don't drink alcohol anymore but when I used to, I once got so badly drunk, I stood on top of a chair in a bar whilst making a drunken speech about "freedom" and "respect" whilst taking shots with people and I fell off the chair when I went to take the shot after everyone cheered at me for my weird speech
I had a leg cast on for nearly a week and had to have surgery done. I had pins, screws and stitches but no scars that time.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#6New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 04:12:07
1) stepping in front of the stick for the Xmas play as one boy went to whack the pinata, forehead got whacked instead
2) in a car accident, the trim/molding gashed my head, needed a shot (big needle) and
stitches in the top of my head
3) somehow ended up behind a neighbor as he drew back with the horseshoe before throwing it, ended up with stitches in my nose
4) severe sun burn, worst pain of all == excruciating
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 04:56:12
At age nine I chipped my own tooth while laughing.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 07:43:13
Once when in the third grade I wasn't looking where I was walking, I walked under a teeter totter which had a kid on both ends,, it was a wooden 2x10 board . It scraped down my face from the hairline to my chin . Lesson learned, 40 years later and I still have a healthy respect for teeter totters in motion . lol
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 09:41:29
Hmmmm. I'm super klutzy, but have been mostly lucky to only have it be scrapes and bruises.

I guess the most embarrassing one was before Christmas. We were in a mall shop with a bunch of dragon figurines in glass cases. They were on shelves, and I could see the sticker prices on the bottom of the dragons, though the glass on the top shelf. I was trying to decide between two and had a limited amount of money. They were super busy so I decided if I ducked a little lower I could see the price tag through the second frim the top glass shelf in the case. Well I miscalculated my duck and ended up smacking my forehead really hard and loudly on the glass case. Enough to leave a forehead print like a bird going after the shiny jewels.

Everyone noticed including the shop keeper and my husband who called me a little sparrow and said I was not supposed to try and merge though the glass, to get the shiny things. If a hole would have opened up, I would have jumped in. The shop keeper pretty much lost it as the funniest s*** he had seen all week. He said he'd open the case so I wouldn't hurt myself. I must have bought something. I don't remember through the mortification, other than I did end up giving my friend one of the dragon figures.

Years later, I also nearly let my husband roll off the pier, because I noticed a swarski crystal store. So I kind of do have issues with shiny objects and potential risk to life and limb.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 11:45:59
i was 8 years old, i was at my aunt's house. my family and i was have a dinner there. my cousins and i was running around my aunt's house. i have fun trying to catch my cousins. i forgot they had these clear slides doors inside their house. i ran smack hard against one slide door. you heard me hit the door pretty hard sound when through the whole house. i flew back on my feet a couple of inches away from the door, i fell on my back. my uncle came to me first, i didn't know what happen to me. i was ok, i just knock the wind. i started to laugh hard, it really funny. everybody laugh to. good news: the slide door was ok, no cracks. i had a little bruise on my head. after that, my uncle opened slide door for the rest of the night.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#12New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 13:03:21
I was teaching students the safe way to use wood working tools, and was in the process of demonstrating that you should never place your free hand in front of tools because they might slip.... and I pushed a wood chisel through the palm of my free hand, which was placed in front of the tools.

Didn't have to worry about anyone forgetting that little tidbit.
RIP Boobie

#13New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:53:45
Another one, I was about 7 maybe and I'd picked up my Dad's razor, my Mum told me to put it down as it had a blade in it. I said it didn't, and said "look" and ran my finger across the blade...
RIP Boobie

#14New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:55:05
@white_swan53 Said

Once when in the third grade I wasn't looking where I was walking, I walked under a teeter totter which had a kid on both ends,, it was a wooden 2x10 board . It scraped down my face from the hairline to my chin . Lesson learned, 40 years later and I still have a healthy respect for teeter totters in motion . lol

Teeter Totter? I assume that's a see saw?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs