Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#76New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:12:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yup, it makes some of us right and others wrong.

Did you ever stop to think that with this type of judgmental thinking, YOU may be the one who "God" judges is "wrong"?????
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#77New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:15:44
@BozieFozie Said

Did you ever stop to think that with this type of judgmental thinking, YOU may be the one who "God" judges is "wrong"?????

Of course, I have been wrong many times in the past, but that is why In rely on God's judgements and standards now. I no longer trust my own.

Well I don't judge people only ideas, and since I apply God's standards, as demonstrated by His son, I doubt if I have any problems in that area, but of course only God can judge that. However since I use God's standards, and have Hly Spirit with me, I reckon I'll take my chances.

Banned

#78New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:18:13
@tariki Said

Just a further point on being "right" or "wrong", a little verse by the Pure Land "saint" (mykonin) Saichi, who wrote....

Whether I am falling to hell
Or bound for the Pure Land,
I have no knowledge:
All is left to Amida's Vow.
"Namu-amida-butsu!"

We are often in no position to know if we are right or wrong, and the verse points to it being trust in the nature of Reality-as-is that sustains and transforms.

The need to insist that we are right shows a lack of faith, and is only an attempt to justify ourselves - to trust in ourselves rather than rest in Grace.

That is why I insist that God is right, and as long as I stick by His published standards I guess that make it more likely that I will be right by association. Jesus applied his Father's standards to everything and did he have cause to doubt? No!

Banned

#79New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:29:19
@BozieFozie Said

Well I don't judge people only ideas, and since I apply God's standards, as demonstrated by His son, I doubt if I have any problems in that area, but of course only God can judge that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs