Starting a Business

Primerica...?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
theprimericanway On August 22, 2009

allen, Texas
#61New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 20:17:48
i just got started with primerica today and i have not evendone one training class yet. but when i got home i looked online and found out that probably 80% of primerica feedback is negative. i dont think that primerica is a scam, what i do think is that you must have the right mindset to work there. they dont lie to anyone claiming that you will have an hourly wage and stuff like that. instead they simply tell you that through them you can expand your financial options. they are not a company trying to make money through scamming, the simply want to educate the public and help them be good stewards of their money. i start training this tues or next tues and so i will respond later if my opinion changes...
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#62New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 19:46:45
@theprimericanway Said

i just got started with primerica today and i have not evendone one training class yet. but when i got home i looked online and found out that probably 80% of primerica feedback is negative. i dont think that primerica is a scam, what i do think is that you must have the right mindset to work there. they dont lie to anyone claiming that you will have an hourly wage and stuff like that. instead they simply tell you that through them you can expand your financial options. they are not a company trying to make money through scamming, the simply want to educate the public and help them be good stewards of their money. i start training this tues or next tues and so i will respond later if my opinion changes...

The same thing happened to me. We had a meeting, it sounded good to me, I signed the contract, gave them the $200, and as soon as the meeting was over, I looked up Primerica online, and felt a sinking feeling in my stomach along with the thought, "Crap, what have I done?". Despite all the negativity I found though, I decided to give it a shot, since I'd already given them $200. Unfortunately my trainer was just feeding off the hope (and family members) of recruits to make his money, and didn't actually even know how to market the actual products, so I had no chance from the get go.

First thing you do, ask your trainer, "How do I market these products to the general public?" and pay close attention to the answer you get. Make sure you get an answer other than "Make a list of everyone you know". If your trainer doesn't know, it means that he/she is only making money from the 6 friends and family members his/her recruits are required to hand over as part of the training process in order to get your $200 back. That means that your trainer will not know how to train you on how to continue marketing those services after you have gone through your family and friends. Which means you won't have a popsicle's shot in hell of making this a real career.
bloodywhitewolf On May 17, 2010

Saint Paul, Minnesota
#63New Post! May 16, 2010 @ 17:46:03
My fiance and I joined Primerica because a friend begged us to. And... unfortunately it turned out in us losing lots of money and them harassing us to stay with them. My friend now has moved full-time with Primerica (we used to work together but he decided he was fed up with our job) and isn't doing so well, but is convinced he will become a millionaire. They send you on fancy seminar trips to keep motivating you, but it's really all just a set-up.

Be careful with them. :/
NWO On June 28, 2010

Kalispell, Montana
#64New Post! Jun 19, 2010 @ 02:39:51
@Lili Said

Primerica is NOT a Pyramid Scheme. It does use Network Marketting, but those two terms are not synonymous. A Pyramid scheme does not have ANY products or services, a pyramid scheme's sole business model is paying money so people will pay you money by signing up. First of all, in Primerica a person does not make money just by getting a person to sign up.You only make money on someone else if they make sales, in the same way that Avon works. Is Avon a pyramid scheme? No. Is it Network Marketting? yes. Is Avon a scam? no, and neither is Primerica. Network Marketting is not illegal, pyramid schemes are. Unfortunately, people get the two confused because there have been pyramid schemes that called themselves network marketting, but weren't really, which sucks, but oh well.

@theprimericanway Said

Your right there is no securety and money in scams
codym On June 26, 2010

, Canada
#65New Post! Jun 26, 2010 @ 02:16:59
How many "SCAMS" are sold on the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE!!! Primerica is not a scam you just have to have the drive to do it!!!!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#66New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 01:37:38
@codym Said

How many "SCAMS" are sold on the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE!!! Primerica is not a scam you just have to have the drive to do it!!!!

Primerica is not a scam as is sold on the New York Stock Exchange, but it is a pyramid-scheme. I attending a few of their meetings, years ago, and was turned off, only because I could see where it was leading. Much later, I was able to read of the reports, on the internet, and all my suspicions were confirmed.
kathwynn On June 30, 2013

, Arkansas
#67New Post! Nov 11, 2010 @ 23:41:25
@codym Said

True enough and sadly not every one has the drive or the willingness to get through the learning curve..
Challenge On January 28, 2011

Council Bluffs, Iowa
#68New Post! Jan 28, 2011 @ 02:11:04
WOW! People have alot to say about Primerica.Healthy criticism can be good- "Healthy". But it is very clear that many people that say negative things about PFS also say in the same breath they never worked for Primerica. "That's Funny"
Primerica is simply a business opportunity. That's all!
Many people have something to say in regards to "making money" with
Primerica.
Let's look at it this way- about 2 years ago there was a statistic that said that more than 90% of the population that have gym equipment and gym memberships "Don't use them..."
Based on the Stat - "We can't say that going to the gym or having gym equipment doesn't work... Can we? NO! NO! NO! How rediculous!

What we can conclude is that People won't stay committed to something long enough to be successful (whether it's exercise or a business opportunity) Everyone always has a Good Rationale Excuse why they didn't finish exercising or finish anything - oh yeah, but instead want to set back and call the company a Pyramid Scheme! Blame! Blame! Blame! It's the company- It's the weather! The list goes on-and-on.

The world has a name for these kind of people:
Quitters
Loosers
Complainers
unfocused
Whinners

It's for this reason that when Donald Trumph was on the David Lettermen show several years ago- Letterman ask Donald a good question,
"If you lost all of your money tomorrow Donald, what would be the first thing that you would do...?
Donald's answer, "I would find a good network marketing company and get to work..."
The audience laughed out loud at him, he responded, "That's why I'm up here ie. interviewing as one of the richest men - and you are sitting in the audience.
thecolor On February 24, 2011

New Orleans, Louisiana
#69New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 20:03:23
I know we're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but with a name like "Primerica" it's got to be a scam.
Tw1tcH On April 28, 2011

Haltom City, Texas
#70New Post! Apr 28, 2011 @ 05:33:35
Strong ignorance in this thread. There are also some good opinions/input posts as well.

I'm 18 and work a server in a restaurant in Fort Worth, TX and saw a friend of mine studying for his life insurance test after our shift one day while waiting for our lunch to be made in the restaurant kitchen. I asked him about it, he told me what was up, who the company was (sounded vaguely familiar to me) I asked him what he thought about it and what not, he only had good things to say about the company. I am the one who asked him if I could come along, I just went to their Monday meeting the other day and I actually felt pretty motivated, but I'm a natural skeptic and stayed on guard the whole time.

Met up with my friend's trainer today at a local Starbucks and we talked for a little over an hour, he answered my questions went into a little more detail. I figured, why not, I'm starting college classes May 31st, I want more money than my server job is giving me, I need something to supplement on my own time, go for it. Worst that could happen is I'm out the $99 I paid and I walk away with a license, newfound knowledge of finances and a learning experience. Everything seems pretty legit, Ive talked to some people who aren't regional team leaders or RVPs and they seem to be doing well, the way the trainer broke it down today made sense, definitely caught my eye.

I will be asking him on Friday about recruiting people. I imagine it'll be difficult for me since I just moved to Texas from California 4 months ago to the day today and I only know my co workers and I doubt my family will be interested, but I shared the same feeling as Lili when I looked up some people's opinions today after paying and thought "Oh crap what did I get myself into"

My friend is a great guy, he's loving it so far, so I'll try to keep thread updated with my experiences with the company over the next few weeks. I'll bookmark it and put it up in my quick click bookmark tabs in Firefox so I won't forget about it either

Wish me luck?
Know On May 08, 2011

Minneapolis, Taiwan
#71New Post! May 08, 2011 @ 00:54:46
My grandpa makes $100,000 a year less than 2 years!!! Omg, I can't wait to join it! I saw it with my own eyes, his salary, you all should learn than earn not earn and learn. It's okay if yall don't want too, be in it. But for me it's a guarantee!
itsmillertime18 On July 11, 2011

Abilene, Texas
#72New Post! Jul 11, 2011 @ 15:55:21
if im black and everyone hates me, how will i ever start a business?
Michael On July 13, 2011

, Kansas
#73New Post! Jul 13, 2011 @ 07:02:03
ok... all you people who think primerica is scam not very well educated or just too lazy to get up and make diffrence in ur life.
Primerica is grate business and if you welling to put work in to it you can make great money, i been in primerica for 6 month and i make great money, and my friend who got me in to this business work for them already for two years he makes 100k+
over all if you wanna make a lot of money get off your a** and do something about it. All you who saying bad stuff about primerica, because never done it or heard about go out there and check it out your self.
honeybunny8 On November 27, 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
#74New Post! Nov 26, 2011 @ 23:32:25
@Lili: Do your own homework. I'm interested in joining Primerica also and probably will do so. Don't listen to people who judge from the outside, but have no real idea of what's going on inside. Every company model is a "pyramid" model, including: Radio Shack(I used to work there, managers, regional managers, divisional managers,CEO's all get bonuses from the sales associate's hard work), ADT(sales reps make commissions), Clear Internet Service(sales reps/phone reps make commissions), and so on, and so on. In every company, the person at the top will ALWAYS make better money than those on the bottom. If you want to make real money, get off the bottom and become your own boss! I know people working working for the company making over $5,000/month. I know others who failed at Primerica. Every scenario is different.

Facts: Check the Better Business Bureau website for the A+ rating. Google "Primerica Publicly Traded" (PRI) to see how well they are doing. God gave each of us a brain so that we can judge for ourselves what's best for US. Just because someone else doesn't like the way something is done or the said business model didn't work for them, doesn't make it a scam. Not everyone is good at network marketing and/or direct selling. Just like I could never sell Avon, yet my mom did it successfully for 14 yrs. Let naysayers wallow in their own misery while you make your money. I'm pretty sure people told Bill Gates he was a fool for dropping out of Harvard. I guess they were wrong too, lol.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#75New Post! Nov 26, 2011 @ 23:59:03
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs