Starting a Business

Primerica...?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
ckopp1 On January 31, 2008

green bay, Wisconsin
#46New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 01:13:07
Primerica is a great company, and it can also depend on who does your interviewing and who is your manager/leader.

No matter what career you end up having, you'll still have to work your butt off to get to the top. So, what is better? climbing the corporate ladder never reallying having control over what will really happen, or at least giving yourself a chance with this. The only people who think this is a get rich scam are the ones who wanted to get rich quick. Reality is, you have to work hard to make money. This is for someone who wants to do more than take orders from somewhere else. It is also comparable to why some people are meant to be managers and some meant to be the minions at companies.

like i said, i think its great. Its worth a chance.
stufrogg On September 03, 2008

Round Rock, Texas
#47New Post! May 12, 2008 @ 16:34:42
As For World Financial Group?

If you people knew anything about what you were talking about, you would stay away from them!

Their Leader: Hubert Humphrey: you can't trust a word he says.

He was once a top producer with Primerica, selling the crusade, and claiming to help families by doing what's right for the consumer.

Now, he is out there ripping people off by selling rip-off products and services like cash value life insurance, adjustable rate mortgages, and wrap-fee investment accounts.

Oh,you people really don't have a clue do you? It's like thinking the world is flat for you folks.

(Lord forgive them for they know not what they do!)

Sincerely,

Tim Stewart

"Termite for Life"
rookie007 On June 28, 2008

, Canada
#48New Post! May 17, 2008 @ 11:39:55
I have been involved in this business for about 2.5 yrs. But only passed my provincial LLQP (life license qualifying program) 2 months ago. Hey, life happens, and I got busy with other things. Since getting my license, I have done 1 appointment (about 3 hrs work) and got paid $270. That's a heck of a lot more than my "full time job".
One thing that I have researched and found, is that most people that bash Primerica, are the ones that either didn't work, or work for the competition.

Even before I signed in, I saw more value in their products than the ones I had purchased from other institutions, cash value insurance?? come on, you pay for 2 products, but you will ever only get one in the end.

And even if you take the cash savings in the end, which adds up to what, maybe $75 000 for the average policy? who can retire on that? that's what the agent will sell you on. Invest $50 per month, for 35 yrs, at say a 10% rate of return, you only put in $21 000, but it grows to $191 890.00. That's a tad better than cash value at $75 000 for a $100 per month policy.

These are just examples, but the odds are much better than the other way.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#49New Post! May 17, 2008 @ 21:16:51
Their products are fine, I don't have a problem with that, it is CitiBank after all, it's the business model I have issues with. 95% of Primerica members fail. The average yearly income for a Primerica sales person is somewhere around $2,000.
I agree, term insurance is better than whole life insurance, any financial advisor will tell you that. Primerica basically sorts through a person's finances and shores them up to make room for that person to be able to afford the Citi financial products. Most people don't know how to handle their finances, and Primerica takes advantage of that fact. Now, if there were a financial services brokerage that worked with several financial institution's products, and provided the same financial planning service as Primerica, I'd feel a lot better about that. But the business model would also have to be much better, because the failure rate for their sales people is ridiculous.

Round Rock, Texas
#50New Post! May 19, 2008 @ 15:54:36
Regarding the failure rate of Primerica.

It is no different than anything else in life. You want to be a corporate executive? Well what is the failure rate for that?

Well let's start with college: Half of college freshman drop out their first year, then only about half of those actually graduate. Out of those probably only about 2%, go on to climb the corporate ladder?

What about a professional football player: Well only 1 in 17 high school players, will ever play college ball, and about 1 in 50 of those will ever have a chance for the pros. Out of those, about 2% will become a starter in the NFL.

Any other subjects you would like to compare?

It is same in any field.

My wife is in real estate: Most people who start their real estate classes do not even finish the courses. Many of the ones that do, do not take their licensing exams. Out of the ones that take them and pass, only about 20% stick around for more than 2 years. Ultimately only about 2% go out and build great real estate companies.

The success rate in Primerica is the same as anything else in life. There is nothing wrong with the model. It is in people where you find fault.

If it were easy it, wouldn't me worth it.

AND JUST SO EVERYBODY KNOWS:

This forum site may not be that credible. I posted a comment about my experiences in the business, and that of my folks, and their tremendous success with Primerica, and my post was not posted.

I guess they didn't believe it!

Round Rock, Texas
#51New Post! May 19, 2008 @ 16:00:33
never mind, I see the other post above.

I'm sorry for calling some of you losers. I'm just backlashing at the bashers.
rookie007 On June 28, 2008

, Canada
#52New Post! May 20, 2008 @ 22:01:20
As stated before, every company out there has winners and under achievers. Just so happens that Primerica has more millionaires, and reps that earn over $100k per year than almost any other company out there.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#53New Post! Feb 18, 2009 @ 22:01:43
@stufrogg Said

AND JUST SO EVERYBODY KNOWS:

This forum site may not be that credible. I posted a comment about my experiences in the business, and that of my folks, and their tremendous success with Primerica, and my post was not posted.

I guess they didn't believe it!

TFS has an automated spam filter which is triggered by certain keywords, it probably got filtered as spam, given that you were promoting a network marketing company. That is actually what makes this site more credible than most, the quality standards are high, and self promotion is limited to signatures, journals and profile pages.
CarlaDO On February 27, 2009

, Rhode Island
#54New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 18:23:46
I did like Primerica-nice peeps, real opportuntiy but I did see why so many drop out. And, I found how to combine what's so cool about primerica and other programs. Because I myself had diffculty in creating prospects. I know its basically up to me to make it. But you see I didn't have that perosna like the others did. Am an engineer not a business person. I don't talk to people face to face! Hance why I am here!!! And maybe you guys are like me because you are here too!! If you want to talk more about this tweet me at CarlaDO. Peace out!!!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#55New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 18:26:25
Sounds like a pyramid scheme.
joliver On March 26, 2009

Houston,
#56New Post! Mar 26, 2009 @ 16:18:22
I recommend World Financial Group over Primerica for a couple reasons.
1. We dont sell our own products. Prim. sells Citi products
We deal with over 200 different companies.
2. No narrow focus. Prim. (Buy term invest the rest) Life insurance and term is not the end all be all. there's no one size fits all.
3. We provide clients on understanding sheltering their wealth from taxes. Tax free investments not call Roth's
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#57New Post! Mar 26, 2009 @ 16:28:24
Would a company that covers so many different financial services have a hard time being really good at any one of them though? People I've spoken with said that's what their concern would be with that. I do agree a brokerage is better able to serve the customer's needs than their own, but there's also a tendency for brokers to shop their commission in that setting too.
XRVP On April 03, 2009

yorba linda,
#58New Post! Apr 03, 2009 @ 03:14:06
I'm curious how much $$$$ any one here has made from PFS. My experience is very little to none. Please don't talk about what someone told you about. Talk about what you know. EG. How much did you make?, how long did it take to make?, how much did you spend to make it? Most of the full time RVP's I knew made about $30-60,000 after paying for the office and other costs they would net $20-40,000. Part timers made about $1000 or 2,000 a month if they were any good and working 15-20 hrs a week.
nailerconstruction On April 12, 2009

Kansas Ciity, Missouri
#59New Post! Apr 12, 2009 @ 04:19:09
I went to one of there training sessions when I was younger. They use a lot of power words in there speeches but in the end they don't really give you any information. They tell you repeatedly you are going to be rich but never really give you a plain. They just repeat the some crap over and over. Its like like the theory behind religion. You are just supposed to believe.
jl4200 On April 13, 2009

victorville, California
#60New Post! Apr 13, 2009 @ 18:24:20
Its a Pyramid scam that will only cost you money in the end, so don't give up any money and get out while you can. I had friends that got caught up in it and lost with out gain. Find something that dosn't cost to do there are real things out there, you will just have to look for them and do research.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs