Primerica...?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
avoydik On April 03, 2007

Portland,
#31New Post! Apr 03, 2007 @ 21:16:05
Primerica,

Before you get hooked on Primerica - you should check out World Financial Group, their products are far superior to Primericas and they have fee based investing, which I don't believe Primerica has. There is a corporate overview on tonight at the Lincoln Center by washington square if you were interested.

Good Luck
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#32New Post! Apr 04, 2007 @ 01:49:36
Yeah, World financial Group seems like a good company. I was thinking of working in their mortgage department, but then decided not to do mortgages at all. But if I was going to, there's a good chance I'd work with them. But the thing that i think people would be concerned about with world financial group is this: If one company is covering too many areas (mortgages, securities and investing, insurance, etc) how good can they be in any one area? Are they spreading themselves too thin? But they seem to have good intentions. They are a brokerage rather than just a financial company aren't they? I think that alone puts them ahead of Primerica in that they aren't just promoting their own services, they are finding the best product for their customer whether it comes from their company or not. So if I were to choose between the two, I'd say World Financial is better. Plus I don't think WFG charges for training either.
mpod On April 28, 2007

irwin, Pennsylvania
#33New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 04:15:02
I actually looked into that company myself. It is a good place to get your ffet wet in that line of business. They help you get licensing and certifications. After that you have the credentials to move on.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#34New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 22:47:16
which, World Financial Group, or Primerica?
vegaspaul On June 03, 2007

Las Vegas, Nevada
#35New Post! May 02, 2007 @ 04:53:49
That would be World Financial Group... 8) perhaps you should take a look at what Oprah recommended a week ago last Friday...
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#36New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:14:27
@cinnamin Said
I still think it's a pyramid. Here's why. If I make money the person who
recruited me gets some, then if I recruit, they make money off my recruits, and so on and so
forth. If you're not at the top, you make squat.

a typical response from someone who DON'T know anything about a real network marketing
business. Let alone, know anything about Primerica.
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#37New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:16:45
@avoydik Said
Primerica,

Before you get hooked on Primerica - you should check out World Financial Group, their
products are far superior to Primericas and they have fee based investing, which I don't
believe Primerica has. There is a corporate overview on tonight at the Lincoln Center by
washington square if you were interested.

Good Luck

Before you get hooked on WFG, be aware that whole life insurance is the oldest and biggest
rip off in the world.
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#38New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:20:29
@lili Said
which, World Financial Group, or Primerica?

Go to a WFG meeting and then a Primerica meeting. and then you decide for yourself.
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#39New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:30:50
@aseret Said
I had an interview at primerica last week. The things I did like about the
company is they train you. They seem like they want you to succeed in their company.
Even though I didn't like their interviewing techniques (everyone in one room) I didn't mind
it either at least you got some info. first before the next step. They didn't pressure me
into anything.

The things I didn't like about it.

They want me to pay $199 for licensures, which might be true I haven't looked into that,
but they could have told me that before I came to the interview.

They stated that serving just one family you would get a nice size commission which made
it seem like a scam. Also they never explained where this commission would come from
and how exactly it worked.

They claimed even working part time you'll have a sizable income, I wondered how;
working on commission you would really have to put in some work.

They don't advertise, they said they are mostly word of mouth. They probably save a
bundle on advertising costs. But it makes me think that they hire large amounts of people
who pay their own licensure cost, give them a commission so they don't have the cost of
giving them a paycheck (or benefits), all these employees are running around talking to
whoever they can about primerica in a good way so they can get them as a client. Even if
they only get one client they may have talked to many people about primerica who talk to
other people who may call primerica directly and I'm sure the big bosses are in the office
waiting for the calls and getting their clients and the commission without even leaving
their desk.

The thing that really made me walk away is there was not one
thing in writing not even one small scrap of paper, maybe just a business card. Not even a
mission statement in writting- Nothing.

I'm not saying Primerica is not a good company, but anyone with an education would be
cautious. Oh yeah, most the people in there had no business education, financial
background, they either had a high school education or they were trying to switch from
another field that wasn't business related. I have a little bit of a business background and
understood their product, but I know the way they were talking in circles that others didn't
really know, but they reeled them right in with very limited information.

What I didn't understand is where are all these incredible commissions coming from. The
amount that they suggest you'll get from one family is a unreal amount. So how much
does it really end up costing that middle class client.

Gee really, Primerica a scam. After 30 years of business, someone should have figured
them out by now. And for the world's largest financial company, Citigroup, to buy them in
1989, it must be a scam.
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#40New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:38:56
@shannix11 Said
My sister in law did the Primarica thing for a couple of years...and she
discovered that it wasn't all it said it was...or so she thought.

Didn't make a dime working full time on it.

It sounds all good...but not sure personally...will ask my sister in law more details if you like.

Shannix

I know why she didn't make a dime. she didnt do any work. she failed at primerica because
she didnt believe in herself.
seno On June 12, 2007

norfolk, Virginia
#41New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:41:30
@cinnamin Said
This is what they do. they give you a fancy clip board and send you door to
door trying to sell stuff like mutual funds, and insurance. You get nothing unless you sell, but
the person that found you gets most of it. I know alot of people that did it full time and made
squat.

who do you know in primerica that were full timers and made "squat".
if i believed everything i read on the internet, i'd be thinking the way you think about this
primerica scam.
decoy25 On August 25, 2011

Washington, District of Columb
#42New Post! Jun 11, 2007 @ 22:44:51
They tried to get me and well I didn't fall for it. I don't go to or belive in the group meeting give me money for training programs. I get a lot of people trying to get me into these type of jobs and well it is just sickening to see how many there are. It is a fake get rich quick blah blah s*** that I have seen everywhere. People will get sucked in and too bad for them I will live above the morals and well not become one of them. Have fun.
wildtonic On April 19, 2008

ottawa, Canada
#43New Post! Jun 19, 2007 @ 03:41:38
Primerica's a big scam
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#44New Post! Jun 19, 2007 @ 21:04:21
@seno Said
I know why she didn't make a dime. she didnt do any work. she failed at primerica because
she didnt believe in herself.

I'm guessing you work with Primerica? How's it working out for you so far?
healthgoji On November 13, 2007

Dacula, Georgia
#45New Post! Jul 12, 2007 @ 00:36:15
As far as Primerica - they certainly are not a scam as several people have suggested. They used to operate under the name of their founder A.L. Williams. They basically sell life insurance. They are essentially a Life Insurance network marketing company. I know they also have other products.

The bottom line is this, while they certainly are a legitimate and reputable company they certainly aren't what I would consider a great opportunity. Their rate of growth being a company as old as they are is not great and thus your expected sales growth would also probably not be great. When you're starting at zero this is tough. I should know I've made a very good full time living for over 10 years combining internet and network marketing.

Primerica is too much selling for me - as well as I've done over the years I certainly wouldn't touch them as they don't satisfy the criteria I look for in a successful opportunity.

Basically they fail two major points - one annual sales growth and two numbers of people advancing in ranks each month, combined with an upward trend.

I like to look for a company at least five years old that takes off with double digit monthly growth with solid management. These are hard to find but they are out there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs