Forums:
News & Current Events

Pepsi Commercial

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 16:09:00
Have you heard the complaints about the Pepsi commercial?

I really don't see what the uproar is about?

There are a lot of different things happening, and a lot of different colors/races in it.

BLM does not own exclusive imagery of protests and police lines.

I don't hear Beatles fans complaining about the scene of a cellist is marginalizing or appropriating their rooftop concert.

GMAFB
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 16:26:04
Pepsi pulling the ad and apologizing probably did more harm than good. I suspect a lot of people would disagree with me on that.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 16:41:00
i see with the hand gestures by few, one reason, and other reason, she look like a albino, until she took off her wig.

that would enough for me to agree with pepsi was right to pull off the commercial.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 16:56:22
@twilitezone911 Said

i see with the hand gestures by few, one reason, and other reason, she look like a albino, until she took off her wig.

that would enough for me to agree with pepsi was right to pull off the commercial.

Which hand gesture would that be? There were a lot of them

She has dark eyebrows and eyes - not an albino.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 17:03:16
Coke did it better in the 70s.

Which I think makes Pepsi too little too late, and the genericness of the protest, screams of slactivism. All social media talk for brownie points and no action. It comes off fake.

Add in a Kardashian and the fake intensifies.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 17:16:30
@mrmhead Said

Which hand gesture would that be? There were a lot of them

She has dark eyebrows and eyes - not an albino.

it would been better if you put this article below, to explain this thread. so that i would have know the whys, before i was guessing why the commercial pulled, since i didn't look at that articae before.

i didn't really about what another jenner was in the news this time.

[url=Kendall Jenner Said She Was All About Pepsi Commercial Concept Before the Backlash]Kendall Jenner Said She Was All About Pepsi Commercial Concept Before the Backlash[/url]

maybe albino, not the right word. why she need to wear a blond wig? what was the point of that, she went out her way doing it.

some people might be offend, what three fingers hand gestures, if there is a negative to it. i personally still try figure out, what it mean. i think it is a stupid hand gesture, in general.

when we were a little, that hand gesture that upside up, mean " fu*k you! "

obviously, pepsi didn't completely discussed how the commercial was going to be set up.

kendall approached the police officers, they thought she was going protested or attack them.

so they had the right to grabbed like that and arrested her.

it was completely pepsi's fault.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 17:23:33
Whenever I hear anything about activism or protesting or making a difference, I immediately think of buying a can of sugar and then telling some random black woman to hold my wig while everyone cheers as if a difference was made.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#8New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 16:50:26
In the circles I'm in, the problem isn't necessarily the message but the fact Pepsi is being hypocritical. They pulled advertising from Youtube because of "extremist content" (some actually extremist, some just not agreeing with the complainer's viewpoints), and not wanting to be associated with political channels at all, then they turned around and created a politically charged commercial. It isn't the commercial itself, but the backdrop surrounding the commercial. Of course, other groups may have other reasons to hate the commercial.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 17:10:51
@crazylikeafox Said

In the circles I'm in, the problem isn't necessarily the message but the fact Pepsi is being hypocritical. They pulled advertising from Youtube because of "extremist content" (some actually extremist, some just not agreeing with the complainer's viewpoints), and not wanting to be associated with political channels at all, then they turned around and created a politically charged commercial. It isn't the commercial itself, but the backdrop surrounding the commercial. Of course, other groups may have other reasons to hate the commercial.

That's opportunism for you.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#10New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 00:09:15
Haaaa! The video in the link's 'broken' now.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs