The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Member Forums:
TFS Gaming

Overwatch (It's Official... I'm Addicted)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Sep 14, 2016 @ 02:58:35
Overwatch is my new baby. I love it so. It's so much fun!!! It's my new Gotham City Impostors, for sure.

For those who don't know or somehow haven't heard of it, Overwatch is Blizzard's attempt at a First Person Shooter and God... DAMN, do they knock it out of the park! Basically it's an objective-based team shooter where you choose from one of (currently) 22 playable heroes, each with their own unique weapons, abilities, play styles, strengths and weaknesses. Some of them are large, hulking titans of destruction, others are swift, efficient assassins and soldiers. There are heroes that help you, heroes that disrupt you, heroes that are downright friggin' annoying to deal with sometimes, Characters wielding heavy plasma rifles, dual shotguns, a makeshift grenade launcher, a tesla cannon, a healing sniper rifle, junk launchers, a freezing gun, etc...

I've been playing on my friend's PS4 ever since they had the free weekend and I was hooked. It probably helped that I was watching a ton of videos before I actually played it too. But by far the coolest thing about it is the...

Play of the Game.

That's where it shows the (usually) best play of the entire match. Not all of them are spectacular (most just have characters using their Ultimate ability behind/within a group of enemies for easy kills), but the ones that are are truly a work of beauty, especially when you get it. There's nothing more satisfying than clearing out a group of four different people off of a point with a series of badass moves and then having it shown after the match. Which makes the Highlights feature even sweeter because you can watch your best play from your most recent matches, regardless if they were Play of the Game or not. So you'll always feel like a winner, even if you got your a** horrible handed to you in a game.

In conclusion, I think that Overwatch is the bestest game ever right now and I love it and it's cool and thank you.
musicalzealot On March 28, 2017

Under psycoskunk's bed, Japan
#2New Post! Sep 14, 2016 @ 03:56:59
@psycoskunk Said

Overwatch is my new baby. I love it so. It's so much fun!!! It's my new Gotham City Impostors, for sure.

For those who don't know or somehow haven't heard of it, Overwatch is Blizzard's attempt at a First Person Shooter and God... DAMN, do they knock it out of the park! Basically it's an objective-based team shooter where you choose from one of (currently) 22 playable heroes, each with their own unique weapons, abilities, play styles, strengths and weaknesses. Some of them are large, hulking titans of destruction, others are swift, efficient assassins and soldiers. There are heroes that help you, heroes that disrupt you, heroes that are downright friggin' annoying to deal with sometimes, Characters wielding heavy plasma rifles, dual shotguns, a makeshift grenade launcher, a tesla cannon, a healing sniper rifle, junk launchers, a freezing gun, etc...

I've been playing on my friend's PS4 ever since they had the free weekend and I was hooked. It probably helped that I was watching a ton of videos before I actually played it too. But by far the coolest thing about it is the...

Play of the Game.

That's where it shows the (usually) best play of the entire match. Not all of them are spectacular (most just have characters using their Ultimate ability behind/within a group of enemies for easy kills), but the ones that are are truly a work of beauty, especially when you get it. There's nothing more satisfying than clearing out a group of four different people off of a point with a series of badass moves and then having it shown after the match. Which makes the Highlights feature even sweeter because you can watch your best play from your most recent matches, regardless if they were Play of the Game or not. So you'll always feel like a winner, even if you got your a** horrible handed to you in a game.

In conclusion, I think that Overwatch is the bestest game ever right now and I love it and it's cool and thank you.

I haven't played yet. I have been wasting my life with Doom, and tinkering with mods on Fallout 4.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#3New Post! Sep 14, 2016 @ 05:42:27
@musicalzealot Said

I haven't played yet. I have been wasting my life with Doom, and tinkering with mods on Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 mods?! What kind of Fallout 4 mods?
musicalzealot On March 28, 2017

Under psycoskunk's bed, Japan
#4New Post! Sep 14, 2016 @ 06:43:13
@psycoskunk Said

Fallout 4 mods?! What kind of Fallout 4 mods?

Enter... the Nexus...
Funky-Footed Skunk

#5New Post! Sep 15, 2016 @ 06:03:04

I'll have to check it out later. I'm cat-sitting for my grandparents and I don't have my laptop with me. I'm typing this from my friend's PS4.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#6New Post! Sep 15, 2016 @ 06:05:18
Also, I think I played a match or two of Overwatch with @adrinechrome by fluke. We just happened to be in the same lobby.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#7New Post! Sep 16, 2016 @ 19:45:45
s***, I meant @adrinachrome. Don't know why I typed 'e'.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#8New Post! Sep 17, 2016 @ 03:24:40
@psycoskunk Said

s***, I meant @adrinachrome. Don't know why I typed 'e'.

Probably its my psn name. 00adrinachrome is xbox. But i dont play xbox anymore. i rock balls at overwatch. f***ing love mei and roadhog.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#9New Post! Sep 17, 2016 @ 17:16:32
@adrinachrome Said

Probably its my psn name. 00adrinachrome is xbox. But i dont play xbox anymore. i rock balls at overwatch. f***ing love mei and roadhog.

Mei's awesome. So many people get salty when you play as Mei.

I've been kicking a** with Junkrat and Lucio a lot, but I'll play other heroes like Tracer, Zarya, Zenyatta, etc... in case there's any roles that need to be filled on the team. Can't get enough of knocking people off the edge with Lucio. So much fun.

Fukitall, Arizona
#10New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 00:38:57
@psycoskunk Said

Mei's awesome. So many people get salty when you play as Mei.

I've been kicking a** with Junkrat and Lucio a lot, but I'll play other heroes like Tracer, Zarya, Zenyatta, etc... in case there's any roles that need to be filled on the team. Can't get enough of knocking people off the edge with Lucio. So much fun.

Tracers neato i like how quick she is, but too squishy. When i first started playing i used to be concerned about having a balanced team amd filling any necessary roles. Now though im more concerned with my personal record, i never play as mercy any more lol.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#11New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 03:52:05
@adrinachrome Said

Tracers neato i like how quick she is, but too squishy. When i first started playing i used to be concerned about having a balanced team amd filling any necessary roles. Now though im more concerned with my personal record, i never play as mercy any more lol.

You can't play Mercy unless you have a good team. Too many times I get paired with bad teams that'll either refuse to push the objective, all just try to go for kills, completely abandon you when you're helping to attack a large group, or just overall aren't that good. In matches like that, I'm usually the only person to ever be on point, so I try to go Tracer to zip in and out.

Fukitall, Arizona
#12New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 03:55:51
@psycoskunk Said

You can't play Mercy unless you have a good team. Too many times I get paired with bad teams that'll either refuse to push the objective, all just try to go for kills, completely abandon you when you're helping to attack a large group, or just overall aren't that good. In matches like that, I'm usually the only person to ever be on point, so I try to go Tracer to zip in and out.

76 is on point too.

I hate reaper though. And bastion is for people eith no skill.

Phara is also pretty badass.

Also i wish i could play well with widowmaker but i just cant seem to. I have too much of an up close style of playing.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#13New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 05:44:06
@adrinachrome Said

76 is on point too.

I hate reaper though. And bastion is for people eith no skill.

Phara is also pretty badass.

Also i wish i could play well with widowmaker but i just cant seem to. I have too much of an up close style of playing.

Same. I want to get better with the snipers, but I like blowing things up too much.

Bastion is annoying sometimes. Just deploy somewhere and camp indefinitely. Get PoTG by just sitting there. Although there are some 'good' Bastions who mainly use Scout mode instead of Sentry mode.

I have the most things for Reaper unlocked, but I rarely use him. I like how he's basically the stereotypical 'edgelord' persona cranked to the max.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#14New Post! Sep 18, 2016 @ 17:53:30

Reaper in a nutshell:

Funky-Footed Skunk

#15New Post! Sep 27, 2016 @ 19:22:07

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)