The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Organ donors... or not??? Just curious...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
On your drivers license, are you an organ donor??
Yes
No
View Results
HolyPants On September 29, 2010

Detroit, Michigan
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 00:44:42
My boyfriend and I were having this discussion last night. Since I'm so full of randomness, I asked him if he was an organ donor. When he FINALLY answered, I asked why he felt the way he did.

I'd like to hear what some of your opinions are too. Whether you are or not, and why?

I'll start by saying, that I am not anymore. When I first got my license I was, because I thought that it was a nice thing, and maybe someone would need it more than myself, should the day I come earlier than expected. When I turned 21 and got my new license, I no longer wanted to be a donor. Basically, it changed because, I feel like the people who actually get the organs are the people that can AFFORD them. Not necessarily the people that NEED them. I'd rather my family donate them to someone who canNOT afford the procedures they need to live a longer life. I know it probably goes back to whether or not the doctor is a greedy bastard, but I guess that's what makes my decision even more difficult. I'm extremely torn by this. I'm not trying to swing my opinion, just would like to hear some of your thoughts and reasons.

Thanks in advance y'all!

Detroit, Michigan
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 00:54:46
NOBODY has an opinion??? Nuh uh, I can't believe it! Everyone on here is opinionated!! :lol C'mon y'all... this is a healthy "debate."

Detroit, Michigan
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:00:12
Well s***, I forgot that there were other reason why you can't donate organs, or blood for that matter! Neither of us even mentioned those...

Tattoos disable you from doing all of the above also, correct?
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:00:44
I am an organ donor. My feeling on it is that there are thousands of people waiting for organs who die every day because there just aren't enough donors. A friend of my family died when I was 19 waiting for a liver. I was 15 when he was diagnosed with liver disease and became a donor the day I got my license. I won't need my organs once I die, so why shouldn't I let someone who needs them have them?
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:01:39
@HolyPants Said

Well s***, I forgot that there were other reason why you can't donate organs, or blood for that matter! Neither of us even mentioned those...

Tattoos disable you from doing all of the above also, correct?

I think it's within a given time frame for blood. 6 months or a year?
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:04:26
I am, i mean hell, might as well, not like i have any need for them when i've passed on....although you may not want my liver...something tells my my 7 years in the CG and 4 years at Washington State University hasn't made for a healthy liver

Detroit, Michigan
#9New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:06:45
@Wingsy Said

I am an organ donor. My feeling on it is that there are thousands of people waiting for organs who die every day because there just aren't enough donors. A friend of my family died when I was 19 waiting for a liver. I was 15 when he was diagnosed with liver disease and became a donor the day I got my license. I won't need my organs once I die, so why shouldn't I let someone who needs them have them?

While I agree with you completely, the hospitals/doctors, or whomever, aren't going based on the list. At least not here. While people do die everyday, I just wish they were used based on need, and of coarse compatibility.

@Wingsy Said

I think it's within a given time frame for blood.

Ahh, maybe that alone disables me then. :

Detroit, Michigan
#10New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:08:25
@aceuvclubs Said

I am, i mean hell, might as well, not like i have any need for them when i've passed on....although you may not want my liver...something tells my my 7 years in the CG and 4 years at Washington State University hasn't made for a healthy liver

Haha! You have a point!! They wouldn't know that until they opened you up though. Unless of coarse your "accident" was due to intoxication. :
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:12:01
@HolyPants Said

Here's another question, how is the HELL would they know??

They can and they do.. They ask, and I'm not going to lie.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#15New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 01:19:40
Well, it goes back to the "All gay people have AIDS" thing.
It doesn't however explain why lesbians, who have the lowest incidence of HIV transmission, are excluded under the same rules.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs