The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

OMG !!! THAT WAS JUST SO QUICK,, is your head spinning YET ???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 19:07:01
Donald Trump to break campaign pledges 'by asking Congress for cash to build border wall, not Mexico'
Quote:
To secure the money to build it, transition officials have told House Republican leaders they would want to add billions of dollars into the spending bill that needs to pass by April 28 to keep the government open, a senior House GOP source told CNN.

Republicans believe Democrats would not dare shutdown the government over one of Mr Trump's most popular campaign promises.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/06/donald-trump-break-campaign-pledges-asking-congress-cash-build/

CNN's report. in part
Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has signaled to congressional Republican leaders that his preference is to fund the border wall through the appropriations process as soon as April, according to House Republican officials.
The move would break a key campaign promise when Trump repeatedly said he would force Mexico to pay for the construction of the wall along the border, though in October, Trump suggested for the first time that Mexico would reimburse the US for the cost of the wall.
Trump defended that proposal Friday morning in a tweet, saying the move to use congressional appropriations was because of speed.

"The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!" Trump tweeted Friday.
New York Rep. Chris Collins said Friday that American taxpayers would front the cost for the wall but that he was confident Trump could negotiate getting the money back from Mexico.

Quote:
The dishonest media

that American taxpayers would front the cost for the wall

he was confident Trump could negotiate getting the money back

I don't think it's that difficult for Donald Trump to convince Mexico

it's in Mexico best interest to reimburse us

to coerce Mexico into paying for the wall involve controversial measures

and argued that since Democrats backed that bill, they should support efforts to fund the current effort.

And then there's my personal favorite from those very vocal rightie 's who can't say enough about how bad, horrible, dangerous, horrible worthless, nasty, awful all those horrible lefties are
WHO CARES WHO PAYS FOR THE WALL UP FRONT,,,,,,

so, lets see, that makes two of his ( trumps) biggest most popular lies , I mean promises gone south
All in less time then anyone could have imagined...
And doesn't it just get you right there, in your special spot, the way Trump has already pointed his tiny little fingers at both the media and the democrats in a tweet ( and we are all convinced that if he tweets it then it's as if god his self wrote it in stone. , so when he fails to come across with any part of any thing he promised he can refer back to his tweets and prove it was the media and the democrats who caused the whole thing to fail .

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 19:27:36
Quote:
During the presidential campaign, Mr Trump vowed that Mexico would pay for the border wall. After the Republican candidate met President Enrique Pena Nieto in September, he said the pair has not discussed the financial issue - a claim swiftly contradicted by the Mexican leader.

Mexico will pay for the wall!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 1, 2016
"At the start of the conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall," Mr Nieto said at the time.

Mr Trump angered the Mexican leader hours later when, delivering an immigration speech at a rally, he declared: "We will build a great wall along the Southern border and Mexico will pay for the wall. One hundred percent. They don't know it yet but they're going to pay for it."

chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 19:52:22
The estimates are somewhere in the range of $12-15 billion.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 20:24:37
@chaski Said

Oh nose,,,, are you one of those nasty horrible little lefties allways smearing around fake news and being horribly unfair to trump ????

Trump tweeted it is only 8 billion and it will only be a front . He promises to make Mexico see that paying him back is in their best interests . and as I pointed out , we all know that once he has tweeted something , it's just as good as god almighty putting it on stone with a golden writing implament , don't cha ' ya know ,,,

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 20:30:29
Oh damn the luck , if it weren't for bad luck, trump wouldn't have any luck at all .
Did you see what the damn media's went and done to him now ?

Quote:
The US president said reports in the media about his administration's relationship with Russia may make it difficult for him to strike a deal with Vladimir Putin to ease tensions between Washington and Moscow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/16/us-politics-us-defence-secretary-james-mattis-says-little-doubt/
Stalker

#6New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 21:18:26
@white_swan53 Said

are you one of those nasty horrible little lefties

Yes.

I was a Reagan era republican, which in 2017 makes me a leftist.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 21:48:31
@chaski Said

And ...and it will have to be maintained.

But ...but if we don't build it we will be inundated with wildlings.
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#8New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 21:52:32
government shutdown -> government assistance ends -> more riots -> martial law -> King Trump??

Could you imagine? Oh.. Nooo! Happy Thooughts! Happy Thoughts. Puppies and Kitties.. JFK! JFK! JFK!.... Screamin Eagles!... It isn't working!!

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 22:31:27
@chaski Said

Yes.

I was a Reagan era republican, which in 2017 makes me a leftist.

I'm going to guess the 'was' in your post means past tense .
There is a forum where there is no mods, no refs and some pretty mealy mouthed Trump fans. And they tell me I'm a nasty horrid lefty because I'm not a republican . Now it makes no never mind that I have never started one nor participated in a riot , I've never attacked any Trump fans nor have I tried to disrupt a rally of his , I'm not gay or ever had an abortion nor ,,, well maybe you get the picture. But to hear them 'righties' talk me and people like me should have been drowned at birth . When I remind them that about this same time of the year - 8 years ago . I remember wittinessing the same s*** different party kind of blathering fools . And then i've over stepped the line or some BS,,,

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 22:37:29
@SgtPowerPickle Said

government shutdown -> government assistance ends -> more riots -> martial law -> King Trump??

Could you imagine? Oh.. Nooo! Happy Thooughts! Happy Thoughts. Puppies and Kitties.. JFK! JFK! JFK!.... Screamin Eagles!... It isn't working!!

We will come though this in tact , maybe not totally un scathed , but we will get though . the only silver lining I have been able to imagine is that those self rightuose righties that can't find their asses with both hands tied behind them will have the same scars as the rest of us , with the added dumpster size baggage of knowing they done this to them selves .
Stalker

#11New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 23:52:01
@white_swan53 Said

I'm going to guess the 'was' in your post means past tense .

Yes. Past tense. What Republicans used to be is no longer.

Newt Gingrich's legacy is to have moved the Republican party farther and farther to the "right". The "Tea Party" continued this movement. And now the "Alt-Right" continues it even more.

What I believed & followed, in terms of politics, as a Republican 30 years ago is no longer the core of the Republican political platform.

The so called left is now made up of what used to be Right-Center Right & everything to the left of "center"...but "we" are all now "liberal leftists".

The Republican party of the 21st century is what used to be the far right and extreme fringe right.
Stalker

#12New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 23:55:09
@Erimitus Said

And ...and it will have to be maintained.

But ...but if we don't build it we will be inundated with wildlings.

If it was a massive 1600 mile long Disney Land I would be almost totally on board....but I think China should pay for it.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#13New Post! Feb 17, 2017 @ 00:48:39
@white_swan53 Said

Donald Trump to break campaign pledges 'by asking Congress for cash to build border wall, not Mexico'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/06/donald-trump-break-campaign-pledges-asking-congress-cash-build/

CNN's report. in part

And then there's my personal favorite from those very vocal rightie 's who can't say enough about how bad, horrible, dangerous, horrible worthless, nasty, awful all those horrible lefties are
WHO CARES WHO PAYS FOR THE WALL UP FRONT,,,,,,

so, lets see, that makes two of his ( trumps) biggest most popular lies , I mean promises gone south
All in less time then anyone could have imagined...
And doesn't it just get you right there, in your special spot, the way Trump has already pointed his tiny little fingers at both the media and the democrats in a tweet ( and we are all convinced that if he tweets it then it's as if god his self wrote it in stone. , so when he fails to come across with any part of any thing he promised he can refer back to his tweets and prove it was the media and the democrats who caused the whole thing to fail .

Dear god. Is this the art of the deal? Don't actually strike a deal but act as if you already have anyway? As if the deal is a forgone conclusion as if decreed by natural law?

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Feb 17, 2017 @ 01:14:28
@nooneinparticular Said

Dear god. Is this the art of the deal? Don't actually strike a deal but act as if you already have anyway? As if the deal is a forgone conclusion as if decreed by natural law?

Hey , he's tweeted it, so it's a done deal .

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Feb 17, 2017 @ 01:37:01
I have been thinking , we need to find some one that is really really good at going places they have not been invited . And get them to go into twitter and reconfigure it so it is no longer the twitter they all know and love . I'm figuring , that with out his beloved twitter account and the ability it tweet ,his presidency would just fall apart and he would sort of slither off into the shadows .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs