Forums:
Jokes & Humor

Noisy kids

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 12 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2017 @ 12:54:12
A retired man moves near a junior high school. He spends the first few weeks of retirement in peace and quiet. However, when a new school year begins, three young boys beat on every trash can they encounter every day on their way home from school.
Finally, the man decides to take action and walks out to meet the boys. He says, You kids are a lot of fun. Ill give you each a pound if you'll promise to come around every day and do your thing. The kids continue to do a bang-up job on the trashcans.
After a few days, the man tells the kids, This recessions really putting a big dent in my income. From now on, Ill only be able to pay you 50 pence to beat on the cans. The noisemakers are displeased, but they accept his offer.
A few days later, the retiree approaches them again. Look, he says, I haven't received my Social Security check yet, so I'm not going to be able to pay more than 25 pence. Will that be OK?"
"Twenty five pence?" the drum leader exclaims. "If you think were going to waste our time beating these cans around for a that, you're nuts. We quit."
You can't beat thew wisdom of the elderly eh?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2017 @ 14:40:18
@rondetto Said

A retired man moves near a junior high school. He spends the first few weeks of retirement in peace and quiet. However, when a new school year begins, three young boys beat on every trash can they encounter every day on their way home from school.
Finally, the man decides to take action and walks out to meet the boys. He says, You kids are a lot of fun. Ill give you each a pound if you'll promise to come around every day and do your thing. The kids continue to do a bang-up job on the trashcans.
After a few days, the man tells the kids, This recessions really putting a big dent in my income. From now on, Ill only be able to pay you 50 pence to beat on the cans. The noisemakers are displeased, but they accept his offer.
A few days later, the retiree approaches them again. Look, he says, I haven't received my Social Security check yet, so I'm not going to be able to pay more than 25 pence. Will that be OK?"
"Twenty five pence?" the drum leader exclaims. "If you think were going to waste our time beating these cans around for a that, you're nuts. We quit."
You can't beat thew wisdom of the elderly eh?

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Feb 22, 2017 @ 15:56:56
Makes me think of the quote:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.'
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs