Forums:
Jokes & Humor

New preacher

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 8 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 17, 2017 @ 15:06:06
The new preacher had just begun his sermon. He was a little nervous, and about ten minutes into the sermon his mind went blank. After a brief second of complete panic, he remembered what they had taught him in seminary about situations like this: repeat the last point. His teacher assured him this would help him remember what was supposed to come next. So he gave it a try.
"Behold, I come quickly," he said. Still his mind was blank. He tried again. "Behold, I come quickly." Still nothing.He tried one more time -- speaking and gesturing with such force that he fell forward, knocking the pulpit to one side, tripping over the flower pot, and falling into the lap of a little old lady in the front row.
The young preacher apologised profusely.
"That#s all right, young man," said the little old lady. "It was my fault. I should have gotten out of the way. You told me three times you were coming!"
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 17, 2017 @ 15:08:19
@rondetto Said

The new preacher had just begun his sermon. He was a little nervous, and about ten minutes into the sermon his mind went blank. After a brief second of complete panic, he remembered what they had taught him in seminary about situations like this: repeat the last point. His teacher assured him this would help him remember what was supposed to come next. So he gave it a try.
"Behold, I come quickly," he said. Still his mind was blank. He tried again. "Behold, I come quickly." Still nothing.He tried one more time -- speaking and gesturing with such force that he fell forward, knocking the pulpit to one side, tripping over the flower pot, and falling into the lap of a little old lady in the front row.
The young preacher apologised profusely.
"That#s all right, young man," said the little old lady. "It was my fault. I should have gotten out of the way. You told me three times you were coming!"

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs