Literature

New Stephen King book?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 23:41:32
Anybody else think its a complete rip-off of the simpsons movie? Although in his defense he does say hes been working on it for a long time but still come on Stephen i love your work and all i just hope your not running out of ideas!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome
CORN1SH On January 05, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 23:46:26
King isn't the author he used to be.

his books from the 70's and 80's are his best.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 29, 2009 @ 23:49:21
@Corn1sh Said

King isn't the author he used to be.

his books from the 70's and 80's are his best.

I agree The Stand was easily his best book and i never really got over it The Dark Tower comes close though
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#4New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 00:35:27
Bloody hell, i would hate to live in maine.
PatronSaintOfLostCauses On September 13, 2009

Cheap Motel, Tennessee
#5New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 02:05:52
This is the second time I've heard someone compare Stephen King's new book to the Simpsons movie. I've never seen the Simpsons movie, though, so...

I could go either way on this book. I think I'm one of the few people that actually liked Cell.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 02:54:44
@PatronSaintOfLostCauses Said

This is the second time I've heard someone compare Stephen King's new book to the Simpsons movie. I've never seen the Simpsons movie, though, so...

I could go either way on this book. I think I'm one of the few people that actually liked Cell.

I really enjoyed cell, i was dissapointed with the end i always thought that was kings weakness was ending a story im sure if you let the guy he would just keep on writing and writing Another amazing king book is the long walk its meant to be getting adapted into a movie so im praying its good!
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 02:56:14
I liked Cell... This seems like it might not be as good tho. Duma Key was alright too.

Cheap Motel, Tennessee
#8New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 03:36:23
@stew Said

I really enjoyed cell, i was dissapointed with the end i always thought that was kings weakness was ending a story im sure if you let the guy he would just keep on writing and writing Another amazing king book is the long walk its meant to be getting adapted into a movie so im praying its good!

I haven't read The Long Walk. I've read that they're making a Cell movie, though. I remember reading that the director wanted to make the movie more action-packed than the book.

I forget the director's name at the moment, but I'm pretty sure he's never directed anything I've cared about.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 04:44:05

I haven't read The Long Walk. I've read that they're making a Cell movie, though. I remember reading that the director wanted to make the movie more action-packed than the book.

I forget the director's name at the moment, but I'm pretty sure he's never directed anything I've cared about.

Im pretty sure its the guy that did those awful hostel movies and yea instead of showing the effect it had in one area he wants to make it like a global catastrophe movie which i think is a silly idea lol i think he's aiming to make it a more mainstream zombie flick than what it really is
GoodWitchBeth On February 20, 2010

#10New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 05:48:41
Isn't this supposed to be the Literature section? King describes himself as the 'Big Mac and Fries of the literary world.
Come on, anyone who takes his writing seriously should go back to their soap operas.

He writes the book only to get to the screenplay, which some I admit are pretty good, 'Dolores
Claiborne'and 'Misery' are two that stand out.

But literature...I don't think so.

Beth

Cheap Motel, Tennessee
#11New Post! Aug 30, 2009 @ 18:45:41
@stew Said

Im pretty sure its the guy that did those awful hostel movies and yea instead of showing the effect it had in one area he wants to make it like a global catastrophe movie which i think is a silly idea lol i think he's aiming to make it a more mainstream zombie flick than what it really is

Eli Roth?

If that's the case, I'm kind of disappointed.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 22:45:01
@GoodWitchBeth Said

Isn't this supposed to be the Literature section? King describes himself as the 'Big Mac and Fries of the literary world.
Come on, anyone who takes his writing seriously should go back to their soap operas.

He writes the book only to get to the screenplay, which some I admit are pretty good, 'Dolores
Claiborne'and 'Misery' are two that stand out.

But literature...I don't think so.

Beth

I lost you after big mac and fries
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 22:46:09

Eli Roth?

If that's the case, I'm kind of disappointed.

yea Eli Roth i actually just seen him in inglorious basterds, i really dont like that guy and yea im sure were gonna be in for a dissapointment, but the guy making the long walk is the same guy that did the excellent green mile so i have high hopes for that one
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 22:53:24
Stephen King has sold 300 Million books? Wow.
PorchSwing On January 06, 2010

Sierra Vista,
#15New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 03:06:28
@stew Said

I agree The Stand was easily his best book and i never really got over it The Dark Tower comes close though

Agreed, The Stand is my all time favorite book. I don't think Under the Dome is a rip-off, He has probably had that idea running around in his head awhile. However, I do have to complain about his endless pointless detail that reminds me of IT.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs