Native American saint named by Pope

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#31New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 21:40:30
Hope this helps everyone.
https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/10/21/turtle-island-indigenous-flock-to-vatican-to-witness-kateri-tekakwithas-canonization-141108
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#32New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 22:00:05
@MadCornishBiker Said

Oh, I'll be back one way or another. God will make sure of that. I just had a few things to learn first, about myself and my Mental Health issues. I wasn't learning whilst I was in there so He allowed what happened to give me time to think.

Still not sure I'm quite ready yet though, but He will make sure it happens when I am.

No Catholicism won't, after Armageddon there will only be those who truly follow Christ left. That means the JWs and their associates.

According to Revelation all false churches will go first, when God prompts the Governments to turn on them and strip them of their riches.

Since Catholicism is the primary source of Apostasy they will be the first to go. The rest of Christendom will follow and then the other false faiths. At least that is what it seems to say. The only thing definite is that the only ones who will be left will be those who worship with "spirit and Truth (John 4:23) and that, again, is the JWs.

It appears that when the Governments realise they haven't gone away they will turn on them and that will be the trigger for the final act of Armageddon.

One thing is for sure they won't go away. They will die first.

I would not be so quick to talk of being the chosen people and Catholic religion as wrong. I found about 50 links of JW's involved in child sex abuse scandals. Just saying. So glad you are nothing like the Catholic religion.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 22:24:08
@DorkySupergirl Said

I would not be so quick to talk of being the chosen people and Catholic religion as wrong. I found about 50 links of JW's involved in child sex abuse scandals. Just saying. So glad you are nothing like the Catholic religion.

Oh I don't doubt you will find all that sort of thing, and some of them, unfortunately true..

Not all who claim to be JWs are truly JWs, just as not all who claim to be Christian are. In both cases it is a way of life, not a label.

In fact I have known of one such case myself, though, in his case, it admittedly happened before he became a JW but it didn't surface until years after. Last I knew he was doing time in either Bristol Gloucester jail.

You are only truly a JW and a Christian if you live according to the rules, unfortunately people are far to fond of going by the label not the reality.

I wish I could deny that JWs, as individuals, never did anything wrong, but if that were true there would not be so many disfellowshipped each year.

I don't know the exact figures, but if you compare the number baptised each year with the increase in Publishers each year, you rapidly discover that, since the number baptised is far in excess of the increase in publishers there mus be a significant number being disfellowshipped for persistent wrong doing each year.

However it is still a nett increase at least each year, and a reasonably significant one. The ministry isn't a complete waste of time, lol.

I realised long ago that Satan is more active inside the Congregation because, as a brother once said, "why should he bother with those outside, he already has them".

What actually counts is what the organisation teaches, and that applies equally to Catholics, CoE, JWs or any. That is what you judge the organisations by. Not by the individuals you find in there. I learned that lesson long before I ever came across the JWs.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#34New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 22:54:58
@MadCornishBiker Said

Blah blah blah

Banned

#35New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 23:10:35

In fact that isn't what I said, as you well know.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#36New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 23:12:01
@MadCornishBiker Said

In fact that isn't what I said, as you well know.

That's what I read.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#37New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 23:22:38
@jonnythan Said

That's what I read.

Me too.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#38New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 23:39:59
I had a dream last night... Jim Morrison appeared to me and with him was a naked Indian. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i.tfster.com/cache/www.smileyhut.com/confused/dribble2.gif">
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#39New Post! Oct 22, 2012 @ 23:46:44
finaly changed the title from mative, to native i see.

, Canada
#40New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 00:30:34
@MadCornishBiker Said

Oh I don't doubt you will find all that sort of thing, and some of them, unfortunately true..

Not all who claim to be JWs are truly JWs, just as not all who claim to be Christian are. In both cases it is a way of life, not a label.

In fact I have known of one such case myself, though, in his case, it admittedly happened before he became a JW but it didn't surface until years after. Last I knew he was doing time in either Bristol Gloucester jail.

You are only truly a JW and a Christian if you live according to the rules, unfortunately people are far to fond of going by the label not the reality.

I wish I could deny that JWs, as individuals, never did anything wrong, but if that were true there would not be so many disfellowshipped each year.

I don't know the exact figures, but if you compare the number baptised each year with the increase in Publishers each year, you rapidly discover that, since the number baptised is far in excess of the increase in publishers there mus be a significant number being disfellowshipped for persistent wrong doing each year.

However it is still a nett increase at least each year, and a reasonably significant one. The ministry isn't a complete waste of time, lol.

I realised long ago that Satan is more active inside the Congregation because, as a brother once said, "why should he bother with those outside, he already has them".

What actually counts is what the organisation teaches, and that applies equally to Catholics, CoE, JWs or any. That is what you judge the organisations by. Not by the individuals you find in there. I learned that lesson long before I ever came across the JWs.

I am not meaning this in a rude way but because it might seem so, I want to make it very clear. You speak of following the bible and the preachings and this is what we will be judged by but obviously you were not doing that yourself if you were shunned or whatever the proper term is in your religion. If your religion kicked you out, you were obviously not doing what the word of your religion stated but you have the nerve to imply that anyone who is Catholic will not be going to heaven or whatever it is your religion believes in.

I'm sorry but when I meet God when its my time, he is not going to tell me, Dorky, you had me in your heart and lived in a way I am most proud of and you followed my word but because you identify with being Catholic, you can't get into heaven. Heaven is only for JW's. Off to hell you go.

And I am not any religion really but my father was Irish Catholic. So I guess if I had to pick a religion, that is the one I identify with.

And though Jonnythan used the word, I actually for some reason giggle at the word heathen and love to use it, I've never been kicked out or shunned from my heathen religion. You have so I really am sorry to say, you are not one to talk about who is going or not going to heaven when its proven you do not follow your own religion or all the scriptures you post or you would not have been shunned. And that is not to be snarky or to embarrass you or to fight, just how I feel.

Banned

#41New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:11:41
@DorkySupergirl Said

I am not meaning this in a rude way but because it might seem so, I want to make it very clear. You speak of following the bible and the preachings and this is what we will be judged by but obviously you were not doing that yourself if you were shunned or whatever the proper term is in your religion. If your religion kicked you out, you were obviously not doing what the word of your religion stated but you have the nerve to imply that anyone who is Catholic will not be going to heaven or whatever it is your religion believes in.

Don't worry I rarely take things that way unless it is obvious that is how they are meant.

I always appreciate honesty, whatever the reason behind it, and whether or not I feel it is fair. I would rather people tell me how they really feel that try to flatter me.

I have made no secret on here of the fact of my state, and that is because I have nothing to hide.

I have given various reasons for it, all of which are basically true, but which have changed slightly as I have got a "handle" on it more.

It's very true that there have been times when I have not lived as I should, or even as I wanted to, and that in itself made matters worse because I hated myself intensely for what I was doing.

I have, as I have mentioned before, certain Mental Health issues, which have, as it turns out, been lifelong and undiagnosed despite a visit to a Psychiatrist, at my adoptive Father's behest, when I was 15. That is a long story of itself, but suffice it to say for now, that I was definitely "off my head" and so angry that, knowing what my adoptive father was doing, I was mad enough to convince the Psychiatrist there was nothing wrong with me.

It was almost a further 35 years before it was finally discovered that I had been working under this problem for all my life.

The biggest aspect of it, as far as my life ahs been concerned, is a powerful self destruct mechanism which, at times of deep depression drives me to do anything that will harm myself, usually psychologically but occasionally physically and has led to 4 suicide attempts, all of which, I am pleased to say, failed despite the amount of medication I tool. It even manifested itself, for awhile, in the fact that, to punish myself I shaved my head and kept it that what for about 10 years.

The ironic thing is that though there were many events I should have been disfellowshipped for, I was, in the end, disfellowshipped for something which I am absolutely convinced not only didn't happen, but couldn't have happened. Since it was done completely according to scriptural guidelines, I accept it and did not appeal the decision, though I could have. Though I had n understanding of why Jehovah would have allowed it to happen that way, I accept the fact that He did, and that He must have ahd his reasons, which would inevitably have been as much for my good as the Congregations.

In more recent years I have realised that there has been much more to my "illness" than I had realised, and had I been allowed to stay in the Congregation I would probably only have ended up causing problems and disruption, despite never meaning to.

I have always believed that Jehovah knows the truth of it all, and my lack of intent in any of it as well as how I have felt about myself because of it all, and that knowledge has kept me from being embittered about it. I just accepted it and have one along with it, in the complete confidence that one day, some how, it would get sorted.

Having finally got a "line" on at least most of it, I am making the first move to get re-instated by writing to the Elders in the Congregation. I see it as a long and difficult road back, but one I know will be worthwhile to endure.

To me it has simply underlined my conviction all along that the disfellowshipping arrangement is intended to benefit all concerned if we accept it as it is meant to be treated. I have learned a lot about myself because of it, and hopefully the Elders will also.

Mental Health issues are a big problem for the Congregations and are the most difficult to understand. I know that since I have had many years of dealing with people with mental health issues myself either as friends and acquaintances or professionally, as a carer. All of which has, slowly, helped me to help myself.

I'll never be cured. It is not that kind of problem. It is caused by problems at, and immediately after birth which prevented my brains from developing in certain ways, and therefore have caused permanent brain "damage".

I won't go not the anguish it has caused me at moment in ym life when I simply had no idea why I was reacting the way I did, but it certainly led me to decide, in my youth, that I simply wasn't "wired up right" As it turns out that is a very good analogy. Certain brain connection have not, and never will be, made.

@DorkySupergirl Said

I'm sorry but when I meet God when its my time, he is not going to tell me, Dorky, you had me in your heart and lived in a way I am most proud of and you followed my word but because you identify with being Catholic, you can't get into heaven. Heaven is only for JW's. Off to hell you go.

well, it is true that there is only one path. There has only ever been one path and God has changed that path as needed. It started of with the Patriarchal system where it consisted of one, expanded family line and those who were associated with it.

It then was moulded into a Nation, the Hebrew/Jewish Nation, but when they rejected His son it was made not a smaller series of Congregations formed with faithful Jews as a basis, called the Christian Congregation. As Christ predicted it went Apostate and was left to it's own devices for a while (almost 2,000 years) (Revelation 22:11) "He that is doing unrighteousness, let him do unrighteousness still; and let the filthy one be made filthy still; but let the righteous one do righteousness still, and let the holy one be made holy still." Simply because it was not yet God's time to take action

However, when the prophesied time came, Christ acted on His behalf and once again called a faithful remnant, or at least one whose hearts were faithful, out of Apostate Christianity, and formed yet another new "people for His Name". They are now known as the JWs.

There are three very important scriptures you need to remember at all times.

(Matthew 7:13,14) “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

(John 4:23)) Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.

(John 17:3) ) This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Unless you are taught the right things, by the right group you cannot possibly comply with any of those three scriptures, so finding the right group is vital, and those three scriptures give us the clues.

Not being taught the right things makes it impossible for God to accept your behaviour because it is done in ignorance of truth. You simply cannot please God well.

The entire reason that Christ initiated the Preaching Work is so that those who wish to listen and do things God's way will have the chance to listen and learn. Those who, for whatever reason, refuse to do so will have no excuse when Armageddon arrives and will not enter into the Kingdom that Christ promised us.

It is completely fair because all are being the opportunity to listen if the wish to know what God really requires of us.

@DorkySupergirl Said

And I am not any religion really but my father was Irish Catholic. So I guess if I had to pick a religion, that is the one I identify with.

And though Jonnythan used the word, I actually for some reason giggle at the word heathen and love to use it, I've never been kicked out or shunned from my heathen religion. You have so I really am sorry to say, you are not one to talk about who is going or not going to heaven when its proven you do not follow your own religion or all the scriptures you post or you would not have been shunned. And that is not to be snarky or to embarrass you or to fight, just how I feel.

I still have the authority of scripture, which is all I need, to talk about what scripture tells us. and one reason I know I will be back when God feels I am ready, is that He has never left me, and I still have the inestimable privilege of Holy Spirit to help me stay strong.

Don't worry, I don't take things that way, unless it is very obvious that is how they are meant, and I rarely react even then. Another benefit of Holy Spirit. I am given the fruits of the Spirit as a by-product. Galatians 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#42New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:28:24
But considering pope Benedict has consulted this amazing person from the 17th century with the communion of Saints in mind; what is/has She said for drilling for Oil in the Arctic.

, Canada
#43New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 19:34:04
@MadCornishBiker Said

Don't worry I rarely take things that way unless it is obvious that is how they are meant.

I always appreciate honesty, whatever the reason behind it, and whether or not I feel it is fair. I would rather people tell me how they really feel that try to flatter me.

I have made no secret on here of the fact of my state, and that is because I have nothing to hide.

I have given various reasons for it, all of which are basically true, but which have changed slightly as I have got a "handle" on it more.

It's very true that there have been times when I have not lived as I should, or even as I wanted to, and that in itself made matters worse because I hated myself intensely for what I was doing.

I have, as I have mentioned before, certain Mental Health issues, which have, as it turns out, been lifelong and undiagnosed despite a visit to a Psychiatrist, at my adoptive Father's behest, when I was 15. That is a long story of itself, but suffice it to say for now, that I was definitely "off my head" and so angry that, knowing what my adoptive father was doing, I was mad enough to convince the Psychiatrist there was nothing wrong with me.

It was almost a further 35 years before it was finally discovered that I had been working under this problem for all my life.

The biggest aspect of it, as far as my life ahs been concerned, is a powerful self destruct mechanism which, at times of deep depression drives me to do anything that will harm myself, usually psychologically but occasionally physically and has led to 4 suicide attempts, all of which, I am pleased to say, failed despite the amount of medication I tool. It even manifested itself, for awhile, in the fact that, to punish myself I shaved my head and kept it that what for about 10 years.

The ironic thing is that though there were many events I should have been disfellowshipped for, I was, in the end, disfellowshipped for something which I am absolutely convinced not only didn't happen, but couldn't have happened. Since it was done completely according to scriptural guidelines, I accept it and did not appeal the decision, though I could have. Though I had n understanding of why Jehovah would have allowed it to happen that way, I accept the fact that He did, and that He must have ahd his reasons, which would inevitably have been as much for my good as the Congregations.

In more recent years I have realised that there has been much more to my "illness" than I had realised, and had I been allowed to stay in the Congregation I would probably only have ended up causing problems and disruption, despite never meaning to.

I have always believed that Jehovah knows the truth of it all, and my lack of intent in any of it as well as how I have felt about myself because of it all, and that knowledge has kept me from being embittered about it. I just accepted it and have one along with it, in the complete confidence that one day, some how, it would get sorted.

Having finally got a "line" on at least most of it, I am making the first move to get re-instated by writing to the Elders in the Congregation. I see it as a long and difficult road back, but one I know will be worthwhile to endure.

To me it has simply underlined my conviction all along that the disfellowshipping arrangement is intended to benefit all concerned if we accept it as it is meant to be treated. I have learned a lot about myself because of it, and hopefully the Elders will also.

Mental Health issues are a big problem for the Congregations and are the most difficult to understand. I know that since I have had many years of dealing with people with mental health issues myself either as friends and acquaintances or professionally, as a carer. All of which has, slowly, helped me to help myself.

I'll never be cured. It is not that kind of problem. It is caused by problems at, and immediately after birth which prevented my brains from developing in certain ways, and therefore have caused permanent brain "damage".

I won't go not the anguish it has caused me at moment in ym life when I simply had no idea why I was reacting the way I did, but it certainly led me to decide, in my youth, that I simply wasn't "wired up right" As it turns out that is a very good analogy. Certain brain connection have not, and never will be, made.

well, it is true that there is only one path. There has only ever been one path and God has changed that path as needed. It started of with the Patriarchal system where it consisted of one, expanded family line and those who were associated with it.

It then was moulded into a Nation, the Hebrew/Jewish Nation, but when they rejected His son it was made not a smaller series of Congregations formed with faithful Jews as a basis, called the Christian Congregation. As Christ predicted it went Apostate and was left to it's own devices for a while (almost 2,000 years) (Revelation 22:11) "He that is doing unrighteousness, let him do unrighteousness still; and let the filthy one be made filthy still; but let the righteous one do righteousness still, and let the holy one be made holy still." Simply because it was not yet God's time to take action

However, when the prophesied time came, Christ acted on His behalf and once again called a faithful remnant, or at least one whose hearts were faithful, out of Apostate Christianity, and formed yet another new "people for His Name". They are now known as the JWs.

There are three very important scriptures you need to remember at all times.

(Matthew 7:13,14) “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

(John 4:23)) Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.

(John 17:3) ) This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Unless you are taught the right things, by the right group you cannot possibly comply with any of those three scriptures, so finding the right group is vital, and those three scriptures give us the clues.

Not being taught the right things makes it impossible for God to accept your behaviour because it is done in ignorance of truth. You simply cannot please God well.

The entire reason that Christ initiated the Preaching Work is so that those who wish to listen and do things God's way will have the chance to listen and learn. Those who, for whatever reason, refuse to do so will have no excuse when Armageddon arrives and will not enter into the Kingdom that Christ promised us.

It is completely fair because all are being the opportunity to listen if the wish to know what God really requires of us.

I still have the authority of scripture, which is all I need, to talk about what scripture tells us. and one reason I know I will be back when God feels I am ready, is that He has never left me, and I still have the inestimable privilege of Holy Spirit to help me stay strong.

Don't worry, I don't take things that way, unless it is very obvious that is how they are meant, and I rarely react even then. Another benefit of Holy Spirit. I am given the fruits of the Spirit as a by-product. Galatians 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.

I realize we do not always see eye to eye, I ma still a human being with empathy and compassion for my fellow man so I want to express to you my sincerest feelings that I am really sorry you had such a struggle in your life. While mental illness is not curable, I hope that with either meds, therapy or whatever seems to work for you, that your life is in a better place and you are struggling less and less.

I know little about your religion but it seems to me you as a person did not do things to get shunned but it was your mental illness causing you to be who not are. Is your religion understanding of mental illness and allows you to get treatment for it like a psychiatrist or take medications for it and are they compassionate to you about it or is something that they are against. I know you are not a scientologist and not saying your religion is like that but I know scientologists do not believe there is such a thing of mental illness and do not allow their people to get help or take meds for it.

Anyways. I hope you are doing better and in a better place and again, while not curable, I hope its not so much of a struggle for you right now.

And thank you for explaining to me what happened.

Banned

#44New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 21:03:52
@DorkySupergirl Said

I realize we do not always see eye to eye, I ma still a human being with empathy and compassion for my fellow man so I want to express to you my sincerest feelings that I am really sorry you had such a struggle in your life. While mental illness is not curable, I hope that with either meds, therapy or whatever seems to work for you, that your life is in a better place and you are struggling less and less.

I know little about your religion but it seems to me you as a person did not do things to get shunned but it was your mental illness causing you to be who not are. Is your religion understanding of mental illness and allows you to get treatment for it like a psychiatrist or take medications for it and are they compassionate to you about it or is something that they are against. I know you are not a scientologist and not saying your religion is like that but I know scientologists do not believe there is such a thing of mental illness and do not allow their people to get help or take meds for it.

Anyways. I hope you are doing better and in a better place and again, while not curable, I hope its not so much of a struggle for you right now.

And thank you for explaining to me what happened.

unfortunately, since my Mental Health issues are actually physical problems with a brain that never had the chance to develop properly

Yes I am in a much better place, though the only way I will ever be able to stay in it is to minimise stress, and keep myself out of situations that will trigger the more problematic reactions and especially the "self destruct cycle" It is much easier to fight that sort of thing when you start to understand what is going on.

No it is nothing like the Scientologists. The JWs do encourage you to get help if you need it. I have known one or two JWs who for one reason or another ended up temporarily on Psych wards, and the Brothers and Sisters supported them. However I doubt they would understand what has been happening to me, after all it has taken me long enough. Even Psychologists and Psychiatrists are still trying to get to grips with it, lol, though they worked out the cause decades ago, just not all of the ramifications of it.

I'm going to have to try and explain it all to them sometime, and I am not looking forward to that day. Very few "normals" have the slightest idea what life si like for us "abnormals", lol.

Thank you for you kind words though, they are appreciated.

, Canada
#45New Post! Oct 23, 2012 @ 21:37:10
@MadCornishBiker Said

unfortunately, since my Mental Health issues are actually physical problems with a brain that never had the chance to develop properly

Yes I am in a much better place, though the only way I will ever be able to stay in it is to minimise stress, and keep myself out of situations that will trigger the more problematic reactions and especially the "self destruct cycle" It is much easier to fight that sort of thing when you start to understand what is going on.

No it is nothing like the Scientologists. The JWs do encourage you to get help if you need it. I have known one or two JWs who for one reason or another ended up temporarily on Psych wards, and the Brothers and Sisters supported them. However I doubt they would understand what has been happening to me, after all it has taken me long enough. Even Psychologists and Psychiatrists are still trying to get to grips with it, lol, though they worked out the cause decades ago, just not all of the ramifications of it.

I'm going to have to try and explain it all to them sometime, and I am not looking forward to that day. Very few "normals" have the slightest idea what life si like for us "abnormals", lol.

Thank you for you kind words though, they are appreciated.

Good, I am happy you are in a better place and know what triggers it and can try your best to not be around those triggers.

And I can imagine how hard it would be to sit there and explain to people who might know about it but do not live it. Hopefully they have compassionate minds and hearts and even if they do not know first hand what its like, are able to hear and understand what you are saying and have empathy and compassion for you. Like wanting to learn and understand what it is you go through and how hard it is for you and what you struggle with.

So disfellowshiped is the word and not shunned. So is it for like say a certain amount of time or you must ask forgiveness and go before like a comittee and they vote to let you back in?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs