Mirror Neurons - The Science Behind The Law Of Attraction

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 08:38:41
Mirror Neurons

Biologically, ‘mirror neurons’ are neurons whose function it is to sense what another person is feeling and thus allow the receiver to feel the same feeling as the other person. Mirror neurons allow us to empathize. They also allow us to feel when another person is feeling discomfort. Or when another person is happy.

The major implication is therefore that:

The optimal way to influence the emotions, moods and feelings of others is to change your own emotions, moods and feelings instead of TRYING to make them feel in a certain way CONSCIOUSLY.

If you CHANGE YOUR OWN FEELINGS FIRST, then the other persons mirror neurons will cause that person that you are interacting with to feel what you are feeling, without them consciously knowing that their state just changed.

YOU MUST GENUINELY FEEL INSIDE YOU FIRST WHATEVER YOU WANT OTHERS TO FEEL WHILE THEY ARE AROUND YOU
Electric_Banana On about 21 hours ago

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 12:56:08
@Hypnotica Said

Mirror Neurons

Biologically, ‘mirror neurons’ are neurons whose function it is to sense what another person is feeling and thus allow the receiver to feel the same feeling as the other person. Mirror neurons allow us to empathize. They also allow us to feel when another person is feeling discomfort. Or when another person is happy.

The optimal way to influence the emotions, moods and feelings of others is to change your own emotions, moods and feelings instead of TRYING to make them feel in a certain way CONSCIOUSLY.

If you CHANGE YOUR OWN FEELINGS FIRST, then the other persons mirror neurons will cause that person that you are interacting with to feel what you are feeling, without them consciously knowing that their state just changed.

YOU MUST GENUINELY FEEL INSIDE YOU FIRST WHATEVER YOU WANT OTHERS TO FEEL WHILE THEY ARE AROUND YOU

This^

but it gets much more complicated when words get involved.

Sometimes the domino affect of empathy doesn't involve telepathy in any manner what so ever.

ie; A frustrated person relaying the situation that pissed them off may trigger another in the room to begin remembering how they too have been used and pretty soon every one's having a s***.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 12:59:41
@Electric_Banana Said

...and pretty soon every one's having a s***.

I hope I wasn't invited to that party.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 13:11:39
@Eaglebauer Said

I hope I wasn't invited to that party.

It would be miraculous if you've made it this far without being in the center of one.

I remember one Christmas Eve a friend taking me by a random friend's house. I sat there talking to her older sister while my younger friend watched TV with his friend.

The two sisters' brother and father had been bringing in the holiday all day long with Budweiser and nek minnit:

I was dodging bodies and the poor girl I was speaking to accidentally got belted over in the brawl. The evening there ended with my friend suggesting that we should 'get going' as red and blue lights twirled out front and the older sister waved 'bye' telling me how nice it was to have met me as she was being hauled off for more careful inspection on a stretcher.

Banned

#5New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 13:24:21
@Electric_Banana Said

This^

but it gets much more complicated when words get involved.

Sometimes the domino affect of empathy doesn't involve telepathy in any manner what so ever.

ie; A frustrated person relaying the situation that pissed them off may trigger another in the room to begin remembering how they too have been used and pretty soon every one's having a s***.

You just to learn to be a master of your own state. Not easy, but achievable.

Everything comes from within.

Association to external references does not help.
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#6New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 17:13:53
This is one possibility but it is by no means definite. There's even those who argue about the existence of "mirror neurons." In short, they're thought to be activated on observing others' behavior; then, when the action is repeated or mimicked, the same neurons are activated. Although there is the possibility that it contributes to empathy, it's a whole heck lot more complicated than that and encompasses considerably greater behaviors than "empathy."

Banned

#7New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 18:04:09
@paramour Said

This is one possibility but it is by no means definite. There's even those who argue about the existence of "mirror neurons." In short, they're thought to be activated on observing others' behavior; then, when the action is repeated or mimicked, the same neurons are activated. Although there is the possibility that it contributes to empathy, it's a whole heck lot more complicated than that and encompasses considerably greater behaviors than "empathy."

I dunno about the actual neurons. But I have experienced things which this would explain. I wouldnt say it is mimicking. That would be covered under matching and leading which is a totally different subject.

But for me personally, the concept is something I believe.

Purgatory Beach,
#8New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 18:20:42
I have taught this sh*t. I am merely relaying that which I have studied, researched, & taught during university level courses.

Believe what you want. Most people do anyway.

Purgatory Beach,
#9New Post! Apr 29, 2014 @ 19:05:45
Alas, I cannot edit my above post.

I *should* have mentioned:

1. My responses tend to be abrupt. Especially as of late. Don't read too much into it.

And, with that being said...

2. "Believe what you want" is not intended to be snippy. I have taught many things that could be argued due to the nature of the topics. I have indeed advised my students to believe what they want (there are some caveats to this--but, again, see #1).

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Apr 30, 2014 @ 06:43:20
@Hypnotica Said

You just to learn to be a master of your own state. Not easy, but achievable.

Everything comes from within.

Association to external references does not help.

Well..the two of us kept our calm so didn't wind up in the brawl ourselves but the two of us starting off calm didn't help influence anyone's moods over the Bud.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Apr 30, 2014 @ 06:51:10
@paramour Said

They were just covering this yesterday in the news as if some science break through but it's always been common sense that our moods can affect others. I think previously however most people were not looking at it from a 'telepathic' stand point - those ideas were much more reclusive and only the concern of sci-fi authors, neurologists and schizophrenics.

But as we've both pointed out there are many factors in place. One simple one is the change in the person's personality. They could be peacefully quite but their dead silence could create a disturbance as the demeanor is completely alien to how they are normally when content.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nope, just let me have a think."

"I don't see why you feel it right to get pissy with me. Why don't we discuss why you're so angry right now.."

"I'm not "angry" but I'm about to be...."
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#12New Post! May 03, 2014 @ 00:55:15
It's so simple, but it's so powerful.
Let me do a lil editing/paraphrasing:
The optimal way to influence the thoughts
{to wit: thoughts 'about' anything, including emotions, moods, and feelings} of others ...............................................
is to change your own thoughts {to wit: thoughts 'about' anything, including emotions, moods and feelings} ----- ----- instead of TRYING to make them think in a certain way, consciously speaking.

If you change your own thoughts FIRST, then the other person's "mirror neurons" (((((???energy???))))) will cause the person you are interacting with to match/shift to the thoughts that you are thinking (all thoughts, including thoughts about emotions/moods/ and feelings) ---- without them CONSCIOUSLY knowing that Their neurons/ energy/ ... "state" has just shifted or changed.

If you/one is to change what another person is thinking[/], you must own those thoughts first, sincerely --- you must be GENuINEly "thinking" that way, yourself.

@Hypnotica Said

Mirror Neurons

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! May 03, 2014 @ 01:12:18
@Hypnotica Said

Mirror Neurons

Evolutionary?
I feel as if my "mirror neurons" have been kicked into a higher gear since the birth of my child ...
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#14New Post! May 03, 2014 @ 01:14:01
You are right also, and parts of all teachings will apply more to some than others, depending on perspective.

In a simpler form, it is like 'making yourself calm' or at least
ACTING AS IF you're calm ..... even if you're not in critical or
emergency situations - - - in order to help, or to influence others to remain calm too.

Speaking of sh**, my nephew is doing a project for school about what aspects need to be considered when designing a habitat for an animal. He chose lion. One of the aspects is intellectual stimulation.
The lions have fun rolling and playing in their own crap. They even eat it. They also play with, roll in, and consume the feces of other nearby animals (for instance) ... in the wild, they would do this with elephant feces. The combination of rolling in it, eating it, and playing with it would then cause their scent to be misjudged by their prey. The gazelle they are preying would not smell a lion, they would
smell an elephant, and the lion(s) in the jungle, would feast tonight.

.....jist sayun'

@paramour Said

Alas, I cannot edit my above post.
I *should* have mentioned:
1. My responses tend to be abrupt. Especially as of late. Don't read too much into it. And, with that being said...
2. "Believe what you want" is not intended to be snippy. I have taught many things that could be argued due to the nature of the topics. I have indeed advised my students to believe what they want (there are some caveats to this--but, again, see #1).

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs