Gender Issues

Men's Abortion Rights

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 · >>
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:18:31
Why is it that men have no say in abortion issues but have a huge financial obligation once the child is born. I've heard a lot about equal rights however this seems to be a one sided right that I haven't seen addressed.... I foresee a s*** storm... Please at least try to be respectful and openminded
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:30:21
Control your sperm and you'll never have to worry about it.

It's one sided because you don't have a uterus and you aren't able to perform the acts of gestation and childbirth.

Is there anything else you'd like to usurp from women?

, Indiana
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:40:23
Fair enough but couldn't the same argument be used about women's eggs? And when did I usurp anything from anyone? I just feel like if I will be forced to pay for a life we created together, than I should legally have a voice in the discussion. That seems reasonable to me
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:43:59
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Fair enough but couldn't the same argument be used about women's eggs? And when did I usurp anything from anyone? I just feel like if I will be forced to pay for a life we created together, than I should legally have a voice in the discussion. That seems reasonable to me

No. You've been misled. Sorry it's not a false equivalence moment. Women take all the physical risk in gestation and pregnancy. Their bodies change forever.

If you don't want to be responsible for a life you helped create, then make sure not to create it.

No you don't get a voice in the legal decision about what effects a woman's body just because you didn't control your sperm.

, Indiana
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:56:16
@LuckyCharms Said

It's one sided because you don't have a uterus and you aren't able to perform the acts of gestation and childbirth.

This isn't really fair. This doesn't seem too far from saying "decisions are one sided because you don't have the muscles and aren't able to prevent us from forcing you to." (Abuse is not an idea I support)
I mean what this does is allow women to hold the birth of a child over a mans head (and they do it quite often). Allowing you to force a man to do what you want. How is that so different from physical force?
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 02:58:40
@SgtPowerPickle Said

This isn't really fair. This doesn't seem too far from saying "decisions are one sided because you don't have the muscles and aren't able to prevent us from forcing you to." (Abuse is not an idea I support)
I mean what this does is allow women to hold the birth of a child over a mans head (and they do it quite often). Allowing you to force a man to do what you want. How is that so different from physical force?

See this is where the usurping comes from. I don't tell you how to handle your testicles. So don't tell women how to handle their uterus. That's the reality.

You don't have a uterus. You can't gestate. You can't give birth.

You have testicles. You can impregnate. Or not.

Those are the rules dictated by biology.

The birth card? Really?

Again, quit trying to usurp what isn't yours to control.

And life isn't fair. Don't take it out on women because it's your job to control your sperm.

, Indiana
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 03:00:46
@LuckyCharms Said

No you don't get a voice in the legal decision about what effects a woman's body just because you didn't control your sperm.

This train of thought is flawed. You don't get a voice in the legal decision about ending the life that has been conceived just because you didn't control your eggs.

See what i mean?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 03:02:54
with men in abortions, they are mix emotions with I like to think men understand why women would want to have abortion.

depending how the woman got pregnant, depend it force against her will or woman's consent.

when a woman has abortion, a man feel that her baby was part of him that died with the baby.
Magically Delicious

#9New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 03:03:02
@SgtPowerPickle Said

This train of thought is flawed. You don't get a voice in the legal decision about ending the life that has been conceived just because you didn't control your eggs.

See what i mean?

No I don't. You as a man do not risk your life in the process. The life inside the womb of the woman is entirely dependent on that woman.

She risks her life, her health and her livelihood.

Again this isn't a false equivalence moment just because life isn't fair and you want to control what isn't yours to control.

You are so offended by the concept of controlling your sperm and your body that you are thinking it is okay to force a woman to gestate.

How utterly f***ed up is that.

, Indiana
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 03:19:41
@LuckyCharms Said

No I don't. You as a man do not risk your life in the process. The life inside the womb of the woman is entirely dependent on that woman.

She risks her life, her health and her livelihood.

Again this isn't a false equivalence moment just because life isn't fair and you want to control what isn't yours to control.

You are so offended by the concept of controlling your sperm and your body that you are thinking it is okay to force a woman to gestate.

How utterly f***ed up is that.

Im not trying to take anything from you. My point is not about taking away abortion rights of the woman. I believe that people should have that right. However I think a man should be part of the discussion if he is expected to be finically liable.

You want to keep any ability of men to have a voice based on lack of control for the sperm. If that is your argument than it can be used against you in a similar fashion. Control your eggs. If you can't do that than you are just as reckless as you accuse men to be and lose that right. Do you see what i mean?

Now I realize that financial liability is different from death. But my argument has nothing to do with forcing women to give birth. My argument has nothing to do with forcing women to have abortions. However my argument is about releasing a man from those financial obligations if the women elects to have an unborn child.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 03:36:56
technological, man doesn't really create the child, the mother does.

in sense, the father is after effect, that he put the sperm that about it. the father is done. so the mother has the egg inside, the egg inside her.

more or less, the mother 100 ownership of the baby. yes, the father does have rights to the baby, the part of him.

by law, the mother is the legal guardian of the child, because who had the child with in her for 9 months. who protect the child more that the father or the mother.

by law or in many ways, even god, the mother prove over the years that she will protect more than father.

maybe, I am not a father, probably not fair all fathers will abandon the child for one reason or another. yes, that mother can abandon the child and the father could rise the child.

the father really has finance side of the child's life. that would somewhat the clinic side of what the law would see of the father's side.

of course, the law would try see the compassion from the father's side for his love for the baby.

would the father to be has the right to stop the mother to abortion?

probably not by law.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 04:31:50
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Why is it that men have no say in abortion issues but have a huge financial obligation once the child is born.

Is your concern with the individual father who was (at least partially) responsible for the pregnancy?

Or

Is your concern with the mostly old white male lead Republican Party's strange obsession with controlling women's reproductive organs?

, Indiana
#15New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 04:41:54
@twilitezone911 Said

technological, man doesn't really create the child, the mother does.

in sense, the father is after effect, that he put the sperm that about it. the father is done. so the mother has the egg inside, the egg inside her.

more or less, the mother 100 ownership of the baby. yes, the father does have rights to the baby, the part of him.

by law, the mother is the legal guardian of the child, because who had the child with in her for 9 months. who protect the child more that the father or the mother.

by law or in many ways, even god, the mother prove over the years that she will protect more than father.

maybe, I am not a father, probably not fair all fathers will abandon the child for one reason or another. yes, that mother can abandon the child and the father could rise the child.

the father really has finance side of the child's life. that would somewhat the clinic side of what the law would see of the father's side.

of course, the law would try see the compassion from the father's side for his love for the baby.

would the father to be has the right to stop the mother to abortion?

probably not by law.

Life begins within the man, correct? You get no sperm, you will get no baby. So in a way the father does have a very big role in creating the baby.

Men are very much expected to protect the baby. AND the mother.

I believe that both the mother and father should raise the child. I think that many problems in our society are caused by not having both parents involved in raising the child.

But my point is that having a child is a VERY big responsibility and it is one that needs to be shared between the mother and father. If the father has any doubts I believe that, to some extent, his voice needs to be heard. I don't think he should dictate the decision and I don't think any party should (mother, father or government.)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs