The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

MY boyfriend hanging out with Another GIRL!?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
lollipop09 On April 23, 2009

mentor,
#46New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:03:18
i guess i just dont want him to hangout with another girl alll the time...thats what i worry about
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#47New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:04:12
@lollipop09 Said

i guess i just dont want him to hangout with another girl alll the time...thats what i worry about

But he told you he won't, and now you're worried he's going to do it behind your back.

What you're really worried about is him betraying you. You don't trust him.

Why don't you trust him?
HolyPants On September 29, 2010

Detroit, Michigan
#48New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:04:22
@lollipop09 Said

so your ok with your bf hanging out with other girls? have you met them/talked to them/ or hungout all together before? And....does he do it allll the time?

I am okay with my bf hanging out with other girls, yes. I have met the one's he hangs out with. Granted, he doesn't usually hangout with them without taking me along. Most of them, he talks to via text and computer, but I've met quite a few. I see how he acts when he's around them. He has a few friends that are SMOKIN' F^CKIN' HOTT, and I've "gone to the bathroom" to stand there for a minute to see how they act when I'm not there. Needless to say, I felt guilty almost, because he was behaving! No, he doesn't do it very often, and the one's he does are all married to guys he's REALLY close with. He did when we first started dating though, AND, it was with his "EX." The more serious we got, the more she faded away.

Which is why I shouldn't be giving you advice because I've had it from both ends of the spectrum. It's also why I keep STRESSING that you go talk with him!
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#49New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:04:52
@lollipop09 Said

Comprimise on it. Like last weekend a female friend of mine wanted to go biking. I REALLY wanted to go to because Im extra outta shape now and need it! My g/f was having a real bad week, I was chillin with her, she expressed how she was feeling so I canceled and spent the weekend with her.

mentor,
#50New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:08:02
@jonnythan Said

Why don't you trust him?

i DO trust him...i dont trust her....it just seems that hes alwaaaysss over there and shes aaallllwaays calling. if they wanted to hangout all the time then they should be dating, not us.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#51New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:09:22
@lollipop09 Said

i DO trust him.

Bulls***. You obviously don't. That's exceedingly clear to myself and, apparently, everyone else in this thread.

He said he won't go hang out with her. You said you're afraid he might.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the girl. You're not trusting him to honor his word.

So, I ask again.

Why don't you trust him?

mentor,
#52New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:09:31
@HolyPants Said

I am okay with my bf hanging out with other girls, yes. I have met the one's he hangs out with. Granted, he doesn't usually hangout with them without taking me along. Most of them, he talks to via text and computer, but I've met quite a few. I see how he acts when he's around them. He has a few friends that are SMOKIN' F^CKIN' HOTT, and I've "gone to the bathroom" to stand there for a minute to see how they act when I'm not there. Needless to say, I felt guilty almost, because he was behaving! No, he doesn't do it very often, and the one's he does are all married to guys he's REALLY close with. He did when we first started dating though, AND, it was with his "EX." The more serious we got, the more she faded away.

Which is why I shouldn't be giving you advice because I've had it from both ends of the spectrum. It's also why I keep STRESSING that you go talk with him!

i did talk to him....it turned into a big yelling/crying thing. He says ok fine i wont go...and thats the end of it! so its not completely solved. I think ill bring it up again when he gets home...and talk to him. I dont wanna be the jelous girlfriend, but it just bothers me SO much that another girl spends time with my boyfriend....idk

Detroit, Michigan
#53New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:11:07
@lollipop09 Said

the problem is idk if im being too paranoid and over controlling and need to just get over it....or if people agree with me that i shouldnt be ok with my bf hanging out with another girl. I dont want him to be unhappy about not hanging out with her just bc i said so. I dont think hes happy about it....he acts like it doesnt bother him tho, when i think it does

You CAN be okay with it, if it's something that he's willing to just "drop on a dime" to make you happy, AND mean it sincerely! You CAN be okay with it if you're invited along every once in a while. Why not, one time while you're hanging out with him, have him invite her! Maybe she hates that you've taken their friend time, and will appreciate that you're making the effort. It's okay for guys to have girl friends, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere to it, and you can't figure that out without talking. Maybe plan to go bowling together, and invite her along.

Maybe it's not your boyfriend that you should be questioning, but this other girls motives. Guys like the attention they get when they're single. Eventually, the bf isn't giving it to them the way they used to, so it satisfying to get it elsewhere. The more you talk, the more I think you're over analyzing.

If he didn't love you, and didn't respect you, he wouldn't have been able to not hangout with her for 2 months. I'm beginning to sound like a parrot, but the only way to know the truth is to talk to him.

mentor,
#54New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:11:33
@jonnythan Said

Bulls***. You obviously don't. That's exceedingly clear to myself and, apparently, everyone else in this thread.

He said he won't go hang out with her. You said you're afraid he might.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the girl. You're not trusting him to honor his word.

So, I ask again.

Why don't you trust him?

because i think he really DOES want to still hangout with her. I think hes telling me what i wanna hear right now, but if she calls when im at work he willlll go. and hes lied to me once before about it when we first started dating......i TRUST HIM that nothing will happen when hes there
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#55New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:12:13
On another note, it drives me up the wall how so many girls get into long-term relationships, then, down the line, get upset when their boyfriends haven't significantly changed their behavior in ways they didn't even know they were expected to change.

So, so many girls seem to get into relationships with guys, expecting they'll be able to change them as they see fit at some later date. Some, such as our OP here, expect them to change on their own without even knowing they were supposed to!

It's completely nuts.

News flash, ladies. Don't get into serious relationships expecting to be able to change your partner. It's not love if it's that conditional. You have to accept someone for who they are.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#56New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:13:30
@lollipop09 Said

because i think he really DOES want to still hangout with her. I think hes telling me what i wanna hear right now, but if she calls when im at work he willlll go. and hes lied to me once before about it when we first started dating......i TRUST HIM that nothing will happen when hes there

Of course he wants to, she's obviously one of his best friends, and he's not looking forward to sitting home watching TV when he could be hanging out with a good friend.

You don't "TRUST HIM." You're directly telling us that you think he's telling you what you want to hear and will sneak behind your back and betray you at the first opportunity.

You are telling us over and over that you do not trust him. Not one bit.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#57New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:14:02
@lollipop09 Said

but it's the I don't trust her issue?

Ok well she could be a conniving little skank. That could be a possibility.

BUT that doesn't really matter. Because people have control over what happens and what they allow.

I mean, if you trust your boyfriend you should know that even if she does try to make an advance on him that he wont allow anything to happen. So therefore him hanging out with anyone shouldn't be an issue at all.

Detroit, Michigan
#58New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:14:48
@RobbyF Said

MY G/F does this too! WHY is that!? I tell her she is doing it and she gets even MORE mad HAHA!

She get's mad because deep down inside she KNOWS this, and you just called her out on it. NOT a smooth thing to do when she's already mad. As s***ty as it sounds, the best thing you can do is SHOW us, and PROVE us wrong. THEN, if we were being stupid, it shuts us up really quick! My boyfriend FINALLY did this to me ONE time, because I blew up on him one day. I felt stupid after that, and ya know what? I've been SO much more comfortable since then! It just takes that ONE time. Now, if and when this ever happens, whatever you do, DO NOT rub it in her face! LoL
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#59New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:16:30
@jonnythan Said

On another note, it drives me up the wall how so many girls get into long-term relationships, then, down the line, get upset when their boyfriends haven't significantly changed their behavior in ways they didn't even know they were expected to change.

So, so many girls seem to get into relationships with guys, expecting they'll be able to change them as they see fit at some later date. Some, such as our OP here, expect them to change on their own without even knowing they were supposed to!

It's completely nuts.

News flash, ladies. Don't get into serious relationships expecting to be able to change your partner. It's not love if it's that conditional. You have to accept someone for who they are.

Thank You! I still can't kudo you though....

I hate seeing women who do this. They expect men to just know what it is that they are thinking.

For most women, it is our expectations that let us down. We expect men to do this or that, to know this or that, and then get pissed when they don't fulfill those needs that we didn't even let them know that we have.

mentor,
#60New Post! Apr 16, 2009 @ 16:19:38
idk why i get mad! I guess im just a jelous person. I do trust him to go over there and nothing happen. I know he loves me, i just dont like thinking about him being with another girl....hoooowww am i suppossed to become ok with this? bc he deserves to be able to see his friends, but i need to get over my jelousy....but cant
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs