TFS Journal
Lies
February 07, 2017 @ 07:21:42 am
A lie is a statement that is intended to deceive

What are some reasons for deceit?

Quote | Reply

twilitezone911

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 07:52:09 am
yes, immoral, you can lie. depending on the circumstances.

there are many forms of lies, that you use. a white lie is inbetween that acceptable to people. a white lie can be a half a lie, if it is use to spare someone's feeling. a white lie can be a real lie, if it is to confess to something or more a shame to doing. a white lie not a real is hat you are trying a hurt someone's feelings.

yes or does really matter, if the lie is a sin. a sin is form of guilty. it is a good thing to lie, to face the truth of the lie.

Erimitus

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 08:06:28 am
@twilitezone911 Said

yes, immoral, you can lie. depending on the circumstances.

there are many forms of lies, that you use. a white lie is inbetween that acceptable to people. a white lie can be a half a lie, if it is use to spare someone's feeling. a white lie can be a real lie, if it is to confess to something or more a shame to doing. a white lie not a real is hat you are trying a hurt someone's feelings.

yes or does really matter, if the lie is a sin. a sin is form of guilty. it is a good thing to lie, to face the truth of the lie.

Famous last words: "why yes, now that you mention it, those shorts make your butt look big."

chaski

Stalker

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 09:08:39 am
The recipient of the lie might view the lie as "immoral", while the liar might have a good and "moral" reason to lie.

Erimitus

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 02:24:19 pm
@chaski Said

The recipient of the lie might view the lie as "immoral", while the liar might have a good and "moral" reason to lie.

A lie is in the eye of the beholder....

Erimitus

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 02:26:42 pm
Pretty much every thing I have ever said is a lie. Even when I say it to my self. It gets me through the night.

twilitezone911

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 02:32:24 pm
is immoral a mirror image of a lie are a truth?

Erimitus

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 08:09:53 pm
@twilitezone911 Said

is immoral a mirror image of a lie are a truth?

I believe that it is called an alternate fact.

Ratty

New Post! February 07, 2017 @ 10:37:41 pm
Morality is fluid, most certainly.

Erimitus

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 11:01:24 am
@chaski Said

Morality is subjective (i.e., in the eye of the beholder)

There is nothing that is either moral or immoral that thinking doesn't make it so...

Erimitus

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 11:02:12 am
No inherent morality.

white_swan53

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 01:02:52 pm
@Erimitus Said
A lie is a statement that is intended to deceive

What are some reasons for deceit?

Honest officer, I ain't as think as you drunk I am . cross ma heart shir,,,

Erimitus

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 04:50:06 pm
@white_swan53 Said

Honest officer, I ain't as think as you drunk I am . cross ma heart shir,,,

When a police officer asks you why he (yes he) stopped you the correct answer is "I do not know sir (or mam as the case may be)".

It is best not to run from your vehicle shouting, "you will never take me alive".

chaski

Stalker

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 05:21:41 pm
@Erimitus Said

Morality is subjective (i.e., in the eye of the beholder)

There is nothing that is either moral or immoral that thinking doesn't make it so...

Mostly.... at least in modern times.

Some issues of "morality" have been codified into laws. Presumably this was done, over time, because the issues were of great importance to the "security" and "stability" of the "community".

Other issues of "morality" are certainly subjective, but not worthy of becoming or remaining laws.

white_swan53

New Post! February 10, 2017 @ 05:35:25 pm
@Erimitus Said

When a police officer asks you why he (yes he) stopped you the correct answer is "I do not know sir (or mam as the case may be)".

It is best not to run from your vehicle shouting, "you will never take me alive".

On the other hand, when the officer informs you he/she is going to give you a field test and you tell them , " Never mind , I'm to drunk to take one , much less pass it". It sure cuts down on the time it takes to get from your front seat to their back seat .
I actully seen that happen once.

Pages: 1 2 · >>
Quote | Reply