Psychology

Just to piss you off

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 21:33:30
Ok, so Trent Reznor pretty much figured this out.

But I think it would solve many mental illness issues even though, ironically, it would first have to lead patients through a pretty nasty one.

Theory or default perception that this world is fake and intentionally designed to upset the participants.

I theory this defaulting perception would transcend fear and sadness to anger (don't let the sun go down on your anger)

And then from anger to dignity

From dignity - emotional and sentimental disengagement from our current existence

Once disassociated the individual is now impervious to future staged attempts to hurt them.

, New Zealand
#2New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 21:37:18
From the skeptics' angle they would try their utmost to disprove this theory and what happens when everyone begins trying their utmost to disprove that most of society around us have malicious intent?.......
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#3New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 21:42:15
@Electric_Banana Said

Once disassociated the individual is now impervious to future staged attempts to hurt them.

Is said individual also impervious to future attempts to please them?

, New Zealand
#4New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 21:52:33
@someone_else_again Said

Is said individual also impervious to future attempts to please them?

It's a Catch 22: You eventually get to a point where easy amusement is lost and the only thing that puts a smile back on your face is the over-thinking and backwards engineering that lead to ideas similar to the one expressed in my opening to this thread.

I don't know why I find belly-aching laughter in watching others allowing themselves to be mechanically and artificially defeated other than that taking a humorous approach to the ignorance of others makes me feel much better inside than empathizing with pity and frustration.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#5New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 22:05:21
@Electric_Banana Said

But I think it would solve many mental illness issues even though, ironically, it would first have to lead patients through a pretty nasty one.

Theory or default perception that this world is fake and intentionally designed to upset the participants.

I theory this defaulting perception would transcend fear and sadness to anger (don't let the sun go down on your anger)

From dignity - emotional and sentimental disengagement from our current existence

No what people need to do is stop basing their internal state on external references.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#6New Post! May 01, 2014 @ 22:40:31
@Electric_Banana Said

Ok, so Trent Reznor

the disco singer?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 00:36:57
@Electric_Banana Said

From the skeptics' angle they would try their utmost to disprove this theory and what happens when everyone begins trying their utmost to disprove that most of society around us have malicious intent?.......

It differs. A lot of people actually end up proving it to themselves, although I don't know that you'll believe that.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 00:50:06
@Electric_Banana Said

Actually just before you were born you were offered Door No. 1, Door No. 2 or Door No. 3

Door No 1 was a great life... easy, everything virtually handed to you on a silver platter.

Door No 2 was a a life of steady plodding along.

Door No. 3 was... bend over and get ready as it is gong to be a tough one.

I'm pretty sure God put Monty Hall in charge of this plan.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#9New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 01:43:49
@chaski Said

Actually just before you were born you were offered Door No. 1, Door No. 2 or Door No. 3

Door No 1 was a great life... easy, everything virtually handed to you on a silver platter.

Door No 2 was a a life of steady plodding along.

Door No. 3 was... bend over and get ready as it is gong to be a tough one.

I'm pretty sure God put Monty Hall in charge of this plan.

We are reborn an infinite number of times. Each time we are give the choice of which door we want. After choosing door #1 and door #2 a few million times we get board and choose door #3 to see what it is like.

Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#10New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 01:45:39
@Electric_Banana Said

yeah.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 02:28:59
@Electric_Banana Said

So the first, underlying assumption is that one accepts there is More Than This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dyWXxebwQ

so much more than this
there is something else there
when all that you had has all gone

, New Zealand
#12New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 02:55:30
@Hypnotica Said

No what people need to do is stop basing their internal state on external references.

Yes - We're on the same page: This is the disassociation I am talking about.

ie; X incident takes place that would otherwise cause me grief but as I no longer value that which was lost or not obtained it's of no concern too me.

Even more so empowering is finding ways to keep from being introduced to those situations.

The less you have/The less you have to lose.

The less you are 'out there'/The less opportunity to find yourself inconvenienced by idiocy.

, New Zealand
#13New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 02:58:58
@GreenAppleKing Said

the disco singer?

The tormented disco singer.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 03:04:36
@Electric_Banana Said

The less you have/The less you have to lose.

The less you are 'out there'/The less opportunity to find yourself inconvenienced by idiocy.

Freedom is just another word for Nothing Left to Lose

- I had the evil pleasure of sitting back and watching a room of people get somewhat frantic looking for a lost cell phone.
To me it looked like a sitcom skit - but of course I couldn't laugh out loud at them...

, New Zealand
#15New Post! May 02, 2014 @ 03:13:33
@mrmhead Said

So the first, underlying assumption is that one accepts there is More Than This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dyWXxebwQ

so much more than this
there is something else there
when all that you had has all gone

I'm not sure I understand. Please explain what all you think is there if I were to find myself living alone in a dumpster?

If someone first hands me a used condom that has been up a bum and I am not very impressed with that offering....

...And then that used condom is slapped out of my hand - Since I never valued it with heart, sentiment or emotion in the first place it's of no loss.

Yes, there is 'Me' but 'Me' is the problem. 'Me' is the thing that can be subjected to stupid situations in the first place.

The start of getting rid of 'Me' permanently is evaluating the overall expense of having a 'Me' VS eternal slumber.

Some people believe this life a simulation and that there is another. But my time spent in this fake life (if theory proves true) is confirmation that I will never able to truly trust any life that I am introduced to beyond this one.

This kinda ties in with Erimitus's thread titled "Tragedy."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs