The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Jesus admits he is not God. Do we need a new Bible?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
l_teddy10 On January 27, 2022

Detroit, Michigan
#2New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:12:16
Doesn't the Bible say Jesus is the son of God?
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#3New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:15:23
oh the beauty and logical insanity of 'the trinity'
god is jesus' father, but jesus is god too and so is the holy spirit.
..............i don't know what they were drinking when that sounded like a good idea.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:16:33
Thats the thing about Christinaity that I never understood.

I know Jesus is the son of God, yet Christians call him God, priase him, worship him...why?
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#5New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:22:24
Hey b*** baby. I am Christian, but I don't see Jesus as being God, just as the son of God. I hear reasons why others see Him as God, but that just doesn't work for me.
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#6New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:35:34
Well, if you go from my point of view, try the "Kitab'i'Aqdas"
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#7New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 03:52:22
Because Jesus is God, he knew the ruler didn't recognize him as God. That's why he asked "why call me good?" As far as the ruler knew He was just another teacher. Jesus is called God in a number of places in the bible:

John 1:1, 14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

1 Tim 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

As far as Jesus being both God and the son of God, don't you have your father's last name? If your name (for example) is Smith you're both Smith and son of Smith.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#8New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 04:05:09
@HiImDan Said

Because Jesus is God, he knew the ruler didn't recognize him as God. That's why he asked "why call me good?" As far as the ruler knew He was just another teacher. Jesus is called God in a number of places in the bible:

John 1:1, 14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

1 Tim 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

As far as Jesus being both God and the son of God, don't you have your father's last name? If your name (for example) is Smith you're both Smith and son of Smith.

I agree with all of that, it should be repeated. I certainly couldn't say it any better.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 04:43:11
@l_teddy10 Said

@HiImDan Said

That is an inference ... there is nothing in that passage that said the ruler did not see Jesus as god... he called him master. Also calling him good would imply that the man felt that jesus was god
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#10New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 06:08:13
Jesus made it perfectly clear he was not God. What is written that he said was "there is only one good, and that is God".

But they've twisted the meaning of everything so far out of shape, by this time there is no reasoning with any of them.

Love the Lord with all your heart. Keep the Commandments. Do good. That was Jesus' message. It was pretty simple.
SoApBuBbLeS123 On August 19, 2009

Burlington, Canada
#11New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 06:16:44
You dont need a new bible.. you need to stop reading a book to lead your life.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#12New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 06:18:34
@backseatcynic Said

Hey b*** baby. I am Christian, but I don't see Jesus as being God, just as the son of God. I hear reasons why others see Him as God, but that just doesn't work for me.

There were also other sons of god Genesis 6:1 6:2 . Since John said that Jesus was the only begotten son of god. The other sons of god were heaven sent and hence we are probably all gods relatives in that respect.
There are other passages in the new testament that lead me to suspect that Jesus was not god. Matt 26:39 Jesus asked that he escape being crucified, and then in Matt 27:46 while of the cross he asked why had god for saken him. In the first he succumbed to his fear in asking that the cup pass him in the second he despaired of his faith in god.
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#13New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 06:45:16
@kentoo Said

There were also other sons of god Genesis 6:1 6:2 . Since John said that Jesus was the only begotten son of god. The other sons of god were heaven sent and hence we are probably all gods relatives in that respect.
There are other passages in the new testament that lead me to suspect that Jesus was not god. Matt 26:39 Jesus asked that he escape being crucified, and then in Matt 27:46 while of the cross he asked why had god for saken him. In the first he succumbed to his fear in asking that the cup pass him in the second he despaired of his faith in god.

I think i made a post here about this awhile back.

The thing that gets me, is that it's written in the first commandment, "Thou shall have no other gods before me". And then Jesus comes along, and they turn him into a "god" before God -- thus teaching people to break the first commandment... very weird.

All these statements are from Isaiah:

44-06 I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

45-05 I am the Lord and there is none else, there is no God beside me...

45-18 I am the Lord and there is none else

45-21 ...and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Savior,; there is none beside me

46-09 for I am God and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

48-11 and i will not give my glory to another, for how should my Name be polluted? I am he; I am the first, I am also the last

49-26 I the Lord am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the mighty one of Jacob

43-11 I, even I, am the Lord, and beside me there is no savior.

Now I don't know how much clearer it could be. There is only One God, and for them to try to confuse people that "Jesus" is God, is completely against what the Book of Isaiah says.

They can claim whatever they want -- but that doesn't make it true.

There needs to be LESS bible. not more.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#14New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 07:13:46
I'll try to explain this in a more toned down context so it can be more easily understood.

First, along the alleged "revisions" of the bible, they confirmed it's current validity the moment they deciphered the dead sea scrolls, they were one in the same, no changes at all, this is a confirmation of history in the making.

Place your context as to how you address a man. A man is father to some, brother to others, employer to others, employee to others, he is uncle, nephew, home owner, voter, etc. etc. etc. He's the same man, different context based upon how you reference and largely based upon different perspectives. This isn't too confusing for any of you right?

Now, to the original question, clearly you are asking a question without having a valid point of original context. It's literally like asking a blind and deaf man what the color blue tastes like.

I'm not quoting or elaborating upon the scripture posted here, you either get it or you don't.
elva2281 On December 05, 2008

new york, New York
#15New Post! Nov 26, 2008 @ 07:22:19
@l_teddy10 Said

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs