AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#46New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:48:28
@lynnielou Said

All the time fashion magazines bang on about how girls should look, fashion designers design more and more provocative clothes for adults which in turn are then replicated for young girls so young girls will want to wear them, they want to look fashionable and be "in". Peer pressure is also a big factor. Highstreet stores need to draw a line in fashion for young girls and deem what is acceptable and what is not for younger children. I saw yesterday for instance 2 inch high heeled shoes for a 5 year old. Thongs for 10 year olds! WTF who would buy them? People do though.
I have 3 daughters and my girls would not be allowed on the streets looking like grown women because they are kids, but all the time parents allow their kids to dress like grown women, use makeup like grown women and basically buy all this stuff for them there will be no stopping it. I guess it's for the parents or guardian of young girls to control it as best they can by refusing to buy clothes that make their children look years older than they are and to draw a line on what is an acceptable way to dress and what is not.

Makes me question these designers, and especially the parents of these kids..

I mean, since WHEN was it okay to replicate kids clothes after adults?

There should be a law, seriously...somethings not right.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#47New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:48:43
We live in an era where sex sells. It's all around us, and it is really hard not to get sucked in to how casual it is. It's difficult for these young boys and girls who are easily impressionable to rise above becoming products of a very provocative environment.
That is why it is up to us, as adults, to help mold the future generations, and point them in the right direction.
I think alot of photos are harmless, some even artistic. There was once a time, when a woman wearing pants, was "unlady" like. It's just a sign of the times in some cases.
But I agree, that some are distateful aswell. At a young age you shouldn't be focussing your time on trying to seduce the world. There is not real worth in how sexual you are. Yet society seems to put so much value into it aswell. So these kids are being manipulated by every angle, at a very young and impressionable age, into thinking that without sexuality, they won't fit in the norm of what they are being bombarded with daily.
I also think though, on the flip side, that some photos which may be slightly more risque then others, do not nessicarily mean that the girl or boy is sexually active, promiscuous, or shady at all.
A picture is worth a thousand words, good and bad. But you can't always judge a book by it's cover either.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#48New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:48:46
@Nyre Said

I would like to reach out and give them a hug

I wouldn't even try, bubba might chase me
Nyre On August 28, 2009

Regina, Canada
#49New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:50:54
Heck, my mother would have shot me if I would have went out like that! Although she was the one buying me my clothes at that age...so she would be to blame.

Let's try this...my mother would shoot me if I went out dressed like some of these young girls....even some adults for that matter!
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#50New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:52:54
@Charles Said

Have you any opinion of those very young girls who post photographs of themselves looking far from the innocent age they really are.

Round these parts we refer to them as jail bait.

#

hold on thats not really fare now they just want to have a bit of fun

but what about the guys who goes cruzing around car parks at teenage discos looking to pick up young girls.

dnt forget it takes 2 to tango
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#51New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:54:30
@chef_mia Said

#

but what about the guys who goes cruzing around car parks at teenage discos looking to pick up young girls.

um a bit of fun....? that's what you're calling it?
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#52New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:54:32
@chef_mia Said

#

Theres also no smoke without fire
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#53New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:57:30
@loveis Said

Makes me question these designers, and especially the parents of these kids..

I mean, since WHEN was it okay to replicate kids clothes after adults?

There should be a law, seriously...somethings not right.

No such law could ever be made, at least in America its unconstitutional.

derry, Ireland
#54New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:58:59
@MlissaBeth Said

um a bit of fun....? that's what you're calling it?

yea its just a bit of fun there not really doing anything wrong like

@KulliK357 Said

Theres also no smoke without fire

ah but just ask every girl u see for id and men will be fine lol
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#55New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 17:59:32
@Nyre Said

Heck, my mother would have shot me if I would have went out like that! Although she was the one buying me my clothes at that age...so she would be to blame.

Let's try this...my mother would shoot me if I went out dressed like some of these young girls....even some adults for that matter!

I kept mom clothes at home..and my clothes in the car. I would change after leaving the house. She never knew
Nyre On August 28, 2009

Regina, Canada
#56New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 18:01:23
@plebian_angel Said

I kept mom clothes at home..and my clothes in the car. I would change after leaving the house. She never knew

May I ask why you felt the need to change after leaving the house? To fit in? To pick up guys? No offense meant, just curious.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#57New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 18:05:37
@Nyre Said

May I ask why you felt the need to change after leaving the house? To fit in? To pick up guys? No offense meant, just curious.

Ugh I didn't want guys. I just wanted to wear clothes my mom didn't know about. I like rebelling.

derry, Ireland
#58New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 18:07:54
@plebian_angel Said

ino i used to were jeans out then i would keep my mini shirt up inside my top and jacket then when i got in there i took the jeans and coat of and mum never new lol but i did were some very skimpy stuff lol
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#59New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 18:09:44
@plebian_angel Said

The ones worth keeping around you don't have ply with sex or other games. As you learned.

Exactly.
lynnielou On November 17, 2010

Worthing, United Kingdom
#60New Post! Apr 06, 2009 @ 18:19:38
The only way to stop stores stocking clothes for children that are provocative and generally not suitable is for US, the consumer to keep our money firmly in our pockets by refusing to give in to this sex sells all culture especially where our kids are concerned. All the time people buy provocative clothes that mimic the original adult designs for our kids the stores will continue to buy them in, I don't think the highstreet could care less what the implications for dressing kids as adults can have, it's just a cash cow they will keep milking until we say enough is enough and stop spending at the stores that sell this tack. The problem is that as girls get older and need adult sizes, as a parent we have to take on the responcibility on what is acceptable clothing for girls of the age group they are in, parents will differ tremendously on what is acceptable and what is not.Some parents think it's o.k. for their 13 year old to walk about in hotpants, skimpy tops and stilletoes, my girls wouldn't even get out the front door looking like it. All I know is that shopping with my girls is a nightmare and not something I'd wish on another, but my objective is to satisfy their need to be fashionable but to keep them safe on the streets by not letting them wear items of clothing that will draw attention to them in the wrong way. Call me old fashioned but that's the way it is in our family.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs