Religion

Islam is wrong for the western world

AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#16New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:21:58
First things first, whether you are a muslim, a christian or an atheist (who mind you, follows evolution as a religion, - as perceived by many (keep that for another thread, else it will be off-topic)), you should always have respect to others of different faith. Afterall, we are all humans.

I am a muslim. So far, since I live in a country which is pluricultural (we co-exist with budhists, hindus, madrassies, christians, and others), I've not felt being oppressed. I do however feel that muslims from other countries, are oppressed. It is so evident that Islam is under attack. It?s becoming hard to keep up with the steady stream of attacks on Islamic or its traditions coming out of the mouths of Western political and religious leaders. It?s almost as though hunting season has been declared on a quarter of the world?s population, with the most unlikely individuals queuing to take pot shots. It's fashionable to attack Islam.

We've all witnessed Danish cartoons denigrating the Prophet (peace be upon him), the self-styled leader of the so-called free world declaring war on ?Islamic Fascists?, his subservient buddy across the pond promising to combat ?an evil ideology?, and Pope Benedict getting in a dig against Islam by quoting an obscure 14th century Byzantine emperor.

I see that many Westerners fail to understand that Muslims do not hate Westerners or Western values and wish to change the Western way of life. They only abhor and resent the Western policies that promote injustice, discrimination, alienation, and segregations and set the stage for ethnic cleansing, sectarian divisions, bloody violence and deadly conflicts in the Muslim world.

Did any Western politician talk about the never-ending tale of pain, woe, suffering of the Palestinian people, the thousands of innocent Muslim prisoners placed behind bars, the death of so many (I've lost count) Iraqi as well as Afghan civilians. Casualties of war remain painful and guess what? Most (the vast majority if not all) were Muslims. I don't understand the strong Christian contingent in the West, particularly in the USA, that believes the war between Israel and its Arab neighbors can only be understood in the context of religious hatred and end-time biblical prophecy.

What about extremism? How can it be solved? Leave it to the muslim world to calm them down. 'Hard core' attacks killing civilians or like that weasel in 24 (TV Series) said "use concentration camps" will only fuel animosity and hatred from many.

Terrorism cannot be solved by deadly means. Unless humanity starts to think on a new level, violence will continue. Of course, fight fire by fire never resulted an extinguished fire.

2007 - I see more hatred, provocation and lack of understanding.

For my part, I may have different views, values but I am still friendly with other people of different faith. Know people's hearts, one should. All other ways (via non-interactive tv shows for e.g.) to learn about our human brethen on an emotional and comprehensive level will end up in the greatest knot humanity has not untied yet: prejudice.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#17New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:22:24
@aussienationalist Said
So many misguided people on here. The BNP will be winning seats soon. Soon they will take control and remove the disease of left wing lunacy.

You lot better run before the BNP wins.

Maybe I am wrong about muslims. They seem to be my kinda people.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#19New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:24:58
@marcus Said
First things first, whether you are a muslim, a christian or an atheist (who mind you, follows evolution as a religion, - as perceived by many (keep that for another thread, else it will be off-topic)), you should always have respect to others of different faith. Afterall, we are all humans.

I am a muslim. So far, since I live in a country which is pluricultural (we co-exist with budhists, hindus, madrassies, christians, and others), I've not felt being oppressed. I do however feel that muslims from other countries, are oppressed. It is so evident that Islam is under attack. It?s becoming hard to keep up with the steady stream of attacks on Islamic or its traditions coming out of the mouths of Western political and religious leaders. It?s almost as though hunting season has been declared on a quarter of the world?s population, with the most unlikely individuals queuing to take pot shots. It's fashionable to attack Islam.

We've all witnessed Danish cartoons denigrating the Prophet (peace be upon him), the self-styled leader of the so-called free world declaring war on ?Islamic Fascists?, his subservient buddy across the pond promising to combat ?an evil ideology?, and Pope Benedict getting in a dig against Islam by quoting an obscure 14th century Byzantine emperor.

I see that many Westerners fail to understand that Muslims do not hate Westerners or Western values and wish to change the Western way of life. They only abhor and resent the Western policies that promote injustice, discrimination, alienation, and segregations and set the stage for ethnic cleansing, sectarian divisions, bloody violence and deadly conflicts in the Muslim world.

Did any Western politician talk about the never-ending tale of pain, woe, suffering of the Palestinian people, the thousands of innocent Muslim prisoners placed behind bars, the death of so many (I've lost count) Iraqi as well as Afghan civilians. Casualties of war remain painful and guess what? Most (the vast majority if not all) were Muslims. I don't understand the strong Christian contingent in the West, particularly in the USA, that believes the war between Israel and its Arab neighbors can only be understood in the context of religious hatred and end-time biblical prophecy.

What about extremism? How can it be solved? Leave it to the muslim world to calm them down. 'Hard core' attacks killing civilians or like that weasel in 24 (TV Series) said "use concentration camps" will only fuel animosity and hatred from many.

Terrorism cannot be solved by deadly means. Unless humanity starts to think on a new level, violence will continue. Of course, fight fire by fire never resulted an extinguished fire.

2007 - I see more hatred, provocation and lack of understanding.

For my part, I may have different views, values but I am still friendly with other people of different faith. Know people's hearts, one should. All other ways (via non-interactive tv shows for e.g.) to learn about our human brethen on an emotional and comprehensive level will end up in the greatest knot humanity has not untied yet: prejudice.

Quote:
Qur'an 2:53
And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (between right and wrong): There was a
chance for you to be guided aright.

Who is this "we." Not to ignore the rest of your post, but I need to know!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#21New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:29:32
@pos Said
Maybe so, but muslims are creating fundamentalists by teaching hatered and intollerance to non-muslims in there schools. they have cartoons played to children showing the virtues of being a martyer to the faith by being a suicide bomber.

seems like there are way more muslim fundamentalist than there are Christian fundamentalists, and many more muslims willing to follow the death march to 40 virgins.

While I agree with you that every religion has its fundamentalists, the muslims are infested with them and for some reason they have no problem finding new ones to replace the ones blow themselves up.

Hmmm, i dunno. it's easy to say that sitting pretty where we are.

there's over 2 billion muslims in the world,
and it's the fastest growing religion in the world.

you really can't generalise like that,

if Christian fundamentalists are less, or perhaps less active in their views it is most likely due to the fact they are subdued. we have more stable governments and economies, and better education due to our economic dominance.
this isn't saying 'haha we're better than you.'
but it should be seen that the countries this stereo-type comes from, and stereo-type is what it is, are countries in political turmoil.
pos On August 14, 2013

seattle,
#22New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:38:30
Quote:

What about the cartoons and comics supporting the killing of westerners and Jews, and the claims that Jews are cannibals and want to eat muslim children.

Quote:
They only abhor and resent the Western policies that promote injustice, discrimination, alienation, and segregations and set the stage for ethnic cleansing, sectarian divisions, bloody violence and deadly conflicts in the Muslim world.

How do westerners set the stage for ethnic cleansing, sectarian divisions, bloody violence and deadly conflicts in the Muslim world? They have supported one group over another at different times, but they have not caused one group in the Middle East to hate another group, they just supplied the weapons and training.
pos On August 14, 2013

seattle,
#23New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:40:43
@raditz8526 Said
Look here for some raisins.

Maybe the women are so ugly they can't get any? Wouldn't that suck, you blow yourself up just to find out your gift is 72 Hillary Clintons!

72 Hillary Clintons, that's when you know you've gone to Hell and not Heaven.
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#24New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:44:09
So, you want some kind of ethnic cleansing in the west because from your point of view, Islam is wrong for the western world?
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#25New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:45:05
@raditz8526 Said
Who is this "we." Not to ignore the rest of your post, but I need to know!

oh sorry man,

i'm no expert on the Qur'an so if this' read by any muslims and i'm wrong i accept it completly and apologise,
but i've read it.

i don't really know who 'we' is,
god is refered to as 'I' and 'We'

the devil is refered to multiple times as the 'I AM',
you'd really need to ask a muslim.
sorry.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#26New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:45:58
@alexkidd Said

if Christian fundamentalists are less, or perhaps less active in their views it is most likely due to the fact they are subdued. we have more stable governments and economies, and better education due to our economic dominance.
but it should be seen that the countries this stereo-type comes from, and stereo-type is what it is, are countries in political turmoil.

There are a lot of Muslims in the world. Out of these lets assume only about 1% of them are radicals. If that's the case why don't you hear about any Muslim speaking out about this violence publicly? Their silence does say a lot.
pos On August 14, 2013

seattle,
#27New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:46:59
@alexkidd Said

So a poorer education and less stable economics gives them an excuse to be fundamentals?
maybe I am getting tired, but I think I missed your point here (other than that I over generalized).

Deleted

, Minnesota
#28New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:47:04
@marcus Said
So, you want some kind of ethnic cleansing in the west because from your point of view, Islam is wrong for the western world?

No ethnic cleansing needed. Just stop the pointless killing.
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#29New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:50:50
But the folks doing the killings are NOT Muslims. I don't consider them as Muslims because they are extremists who don't conform to the Holy Book - they are being misguided.
Much is being done by Mecca to stop them but you cannot just say "Islam is wrong".
If a murderer kills a friend, would I be right to say "Humanity is wrong for my country?"
Understand Islam first before saying it's wrong.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#30New Post! Mar 04, 2007 @ 06:53:22
@marcus Said
But the folks doing the killings are NOT Muslims. I don't consider them as Muslims because they are extremists who don't conform to the Holy Book - they are being misguided.
Much is being done by Mecca to stop them but you cannot just say "Islam is wrong".
If a murderer kills a friend, would I be right to say "Humanity is wrong for my country?"
Understand Islam first before saying it's wrong.

Then where are the other 99% of Islam that doesn't feel the way that the extremists do? Why don't we hear anything from them?
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)