The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Is this too forward for a first date..? (Girls or Guys can help :])

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:24:27
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:29:40
interests like movies, hobbies and the like.
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:31:11
@plebian_angel Said

interests like movies, hobbies and the like.

sorry I should of mentioned, that we had been talking over the internet for a while beforehand
so we should of had something to talk bout, we were always talking to eachother on here and we didn't stop talking tbh..

so I was a little confused as to why we never hit it off
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#4New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:44:15
I had a friend for a long time that was a guy and then we finally started dating. One time right before we were dating we were walking his dog in the winter night and he brought a sleeping bag so we could sit on it and not the ground. well on the way back he put it around me and held his arm around my shoulders. I thought it was sweet cause it enough contact to be a little romantic but not too much to have to have the relationship go any where if I didn't want it too.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:46:25
@jack__1 Said

Well, I was on a date with this girl (first date)
and it wasn't really going too well tbh, now everyone describes me as being quiet and I do admit I am pretty quiet, I'm just shy I guess, I hate it but I dunno how to get around it..I try but I just can't find anything to say, even when someone else says something to me I dunno what to say as a reply :S =/

anyway, it wasn'nt going great, it was a little silent, but tbh this time it wasn't my fault I tried to make conversation but she was quite quiet too, it does take two people to hold a conversation after all..
but after a while as the night went on it got pretty cold so I gave her my jacket naturally, and she took it but then I was in two minds as to hug her from behind ya know like couples do, or not..because as I said, it was a first date and I didn't wanna come across as being too forward
but I can't help but think now, a few weeks after that she might of actually wanted me to do just that and put my arm around her, it would of been romantic after all and it could of abolished the first half of the date

also..dating in england is alot different from over in America, like there are alot of different things that we can't use in conversation, for example "so where did ya grow up?"
we can't use that line to start a conversation
so English girls or guys..is there anything that you'd use or is there anything a guy has said or you and a guy talk about whilst out on a date?

do girls want guys to hug them like that or do you want guys to put their arm around you when you walk along a street on a first date?
or do you want them to keep their distance..especially if it isn't going too well

I know that I will get varied answers, but I'm just looking for a general answer really :]

The first 'date' is usually extremely awkward, plus if you're both naturally quiet people then it will be difficult to strike up a conversation at first. As for the hug thing, it depends on the girl really. I would say if you think that the girl feels comfortable enough around you then yeah hugging would be cool. If you keep too much distance it could seem like you're not entirely interested, so try and find a middle ground. Hope any of that helps.
Orchid On October 19, 2010

Deleted

Your Bedroom, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:46:58
well as a shy person wen it comes to dating on a first date if a guy hugs u or puts his arm around u it makes u feel like the guy is into it and can help reduce the shyness...
walking around with arms round eachothers waists is a gd first date thing...
and talking just talk the way u wld over the internet cuz if the two ppl involved were being true to one another talkin in person should be the same...

well thats wat i think...
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 17:48:28
I think the jacket thing was sweet. if you're both comfortable and doing it in a nonpervy way i woulda gone for the arms around her.
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#8New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 18:02:22
i think it would of been fine to put ur arm round a girl on a first date but thats just me like but i do think u done the right thing given her our jacket.

and as for what to talk bout i usual find its good idea to go to the cinema or something on the forst time as at the start u dont have to talk to much as ur watching a film then u can chat about the film after its a good way of breaking da ice i find
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 18:19:40
hmm..
thanx guys, all the responses are helpful :]

keep em coming (y)

btw, sister_of_mercy
that's another problem, if i do go on another date i won't know if she would be okay with it, i had an ex once and she just didn't like anything like that
most girls i've dated like it, and i like to hug them and hold hands and stuff it's nice to have someone to do that stuff with

i think that the majority of responses so far are agreeing with me that it would be okay to hug the girl :]
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#10New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:43:05
whenever i go out with someone for the first time i am really shy and so i expect the guy to make the first move and i am into the whole public affection thing and so if i meet a guy and we go out on the first date its ok if u dont but towards the third date if u dont show them u are into them they will think u are not into them u have to show the person that u are into them otherwise they will just keep wondering if u are or not and maybe u talk to her and get to know her and see if she wants to go out again.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:48:06
Just be yourself, if you're shy so be it. Shyness will go away with someone you click with, don't try to be someone you're not. I think shy guys are kinda cute, much prefer that than the 'look at me arn't I amazing' type of guys that are up their own arses.
guitarkid On March 31, 2009

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 21:58:15
@jack__1 Said

hmm..
thanx guys, all the responses are helpful :]

keep em coming (y)

btw, sister_of_mercy
that's another problem, if i do go on another date i won't know if she would be okay with it, i had an ex once and she just didn't like anything like that
most girls i've dated like it, and i like to hug them and hold hands and stuff it's nice to have someone to do that stuff with

i think that the majority of responses so far are agreeing with me that it would be okay to hug the girl :]
Be a man for crying out loud + give the girl a slow hug + if she draws away then you shall know she aint interested better finding out as if she aint then you move on.
Carreragt2 On June 15, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 22:01:19
Do you know where there is a sporting goods store
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#14New Post! Mar 22, 2009 @ 22:05:59
Well if she likes you, then she wants you to. If she doesn't, then it may be awkward.
jack__1 On May 16, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 25, 2009 @ 09:55:38
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs