The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Gaming

If you had to pick one COMPUTER game as your favorite of all time.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
amytgirl On June 19, 2017

Deleted

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 16:49:56
If you had to pick one COMPUTER game as your favorite of all time...What would it be?

The game that you would say to others "You MUST play this game or you've never lived"...

...A game that really meant something to you.

For me it would have to be Suikoden 2. It was a game that changed my life...It just made me feel good! I really felt a part of it.

I'd love to hear of any other games that can do that!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 16:52:01
Shot-gammon!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 16:55:46
Try playing Rugby Union.

OK, so that's a field sport, but you didn't specify that it has to be a computer game or board game or any other particular kind of pastime. I could have nominated netball, lacrosse, running, skiing or swimming, which are my other participation sports (I haven't played tennis or hockey since school but I kinda enjoyed them too).

Once you've played rugby, you won't want to play computer games anyway. You'll be too busy either recovering from the last game or getting fit for the next one.

I don't play computer games. I do sport.

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 16:58:44
Jarts (lawn darts with STEEL tips) also changed a lot of peoples lives ... but I don't think that was the intent of the question
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 17:02:10
@mrmhead Said

Jarts (lawn darts with STEEL tips) also changed a lot of peoples lives ... but I don't think that was the intent of the question

Oh I know that, I just thought I'd lob my tuppence worth in for the sporting sorority.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 17:19:42
Ahh - and now the title has changed to be a little more specific

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 18:03:39
@mrmhead Said

Ahh - and now the title has changed to be a little more specific

Yes, since some people needed it pointed out and didn't register this is the 'gaming' section. The things you have to do when people are so... (Guess the word).

Can you either keep your posts relevant to the subject matter or don't bother commenting on my posts in future? I know you probably believe you're hilarious and witty but it's actually rather boring for me to plough through

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 18:54:30
@amytgirl Said

Yes, since some people needed it pointed out and didn't register this is the 'gaming' section. The things you have to do when people are so... (Guess the word).

Can you either keep your posts relevant to the subject matter or don't bother commenting on my posts in future? I know you probably believe you're hilarious and witty but it's actually rather boring for me to plough through

Yeah, one-liner posts must be so tough for you to "plough through"

Lighten up Francis

Deleted

#10New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 19:26:36
@mrmhead Said

Yeah, one-liner posts must be so tough for you to "plough through"

Lighten up Francis

Again...Can you stick to the topic please? The whole point of forums is to discuss the subject relevant to what the poster posted, not senseless chit-chat.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#11New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 21:02:41
Fuuuck.... just one? I've got at least 4 that I feel people should play. I guess, if I had to order them and choose my favourite, it'd have to be The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I've sunk 420+ hours into that game and its expansions, but due to the subject matter and disturbing-to-some storyline (Isaac's mother is trying to sacrifice him in order to appease a voice in her head which she interprets as 'God', it's not for everyone.

The other three would be, in order, Undertale, FTL: Faster Than Light and Mr. President. FTL because it's the perfect mix of random bulls***, difficult choices, rewarding and engaging gameplay and an ever-changing set of galaxies. Even if you pick the same ship, you won't have the same experience twice.

Undertale is... well, it's f***ing Undertale. It was considered Game of the Year for 2015, achieved a Perfect score on Steam... and it was made with Game Maker, a fairly basic game-making program. Whether you want to or not, if you play this game, you will get a serious case of the feels. It's one of the few games that actually make you feel bad for killing the generic bad guys and encourages you to take the peaceful route. As one of the taglines so accurately put it "It's the only RPG game where NO ONE has to die!" And that includes bosses.

Oh, and this guy here is a little f***er who deserves to have every petal slowly plucked from his stupid little smiling face!

And Mr. President because the whole premise is about protecting 'Ronald Rump' from getting assassinated as he tries to become president... Or you could just watch him get shot. You play as a bulletproof bodyguard with a serious case of ragdoll physics who can't even climb down stairs properly. But you'll have to run, jump, dive, tackle, stick your a** in Rump's face, etc... whatever needs to be done to save the future dingus-in-chief. And then you can dance about it afterwards.

I know you only said 1, but I had 4. Sorry about that.

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Mar 02, 2017 @ 00:50:08
If Console games are not considered COMPUTER games, then ignore this post.

Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion!

Nothing like working through those back to back with your 4yr old!
It was at just the right level ... for both of us! Haha!

He was the Ghost Hunting Luigi the following year for Halloween.
He is now in college studying simulation programming.
I'd say that's life changing
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#14New Post! Mar 02, 2017 @ 01:36:37
@amytgirl Said

That was a great post, thanks for that. Better still I haven't played any of those games so I have them all to look forward to now.

I'll give them a whirl at some point in the future!

A word of advice for Undertale: be kind to everyone during your first playthrough. It makes the next progressive playthroughs more meaningful. I'm not gonna spoil anything for you, but trust me, Pacifist run.

@mrmhead Said

If Console games are not considered COMPUTER games, then ignore this post.

Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion!

Nothing like working through those back to back with your 4yr old!
It was at just the right level ... for both of us! Haha!

He was the Ghost Hunting Luigi the following year for Halloween.
He is now in college studying simulation programming.
I'd say that's life changing

They're technically not, but they're both awesome and unique games. I'm playing through Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door again and I hope I can find Luigi's Mansion for cheap somewhere, but it's like $100 wherever I go.

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Mar 02, 2017 @ 01:47:39
@psycoskunk Said

They're technically not, but they're both awesome and unique games. I'm playing through Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door again and I hope I can find Luigi's Mansion for cheap somewhere, but it's like $100 wherever I go.

Wow! Really? .... I've got one (LM).
It's right next to Mario Sunshine - Another fun one we worked through!
... I think that's the one where he passed me on the game-playing

He pretty much took 1kD himself by that time.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs