Relationships

I've lost my bounce..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:47:33
Like most people my age I have had my share of relationships, most have been quite long, a couple of years here, three years there and the longest one eight years plus some fun times in between.

I never had a problem getting back on the horse so to speak, you live, learn and move on.

Now though it's just different. I've been single for two years and it's been my own choice to be so. I just don't have the drive to put myself through the heartache of another relationship. It's not as though I am pining after any past relationship or anything like that. They are all ex's for a reason and I have no regrets about ending those relationships.

I wouldn't say I never get lonely, I do sometimes. Occasionaly we all need some love and support but by and large I just can't get my head around being with someone again but at the same time don't want to end up a lonely miserable old hag.
I find myself not taking the effort with my appearance that I have always done in the past and I think that's a conscious decision to not make myself look too attractive as I can't be doing with fending people off.

I know I need to sort myself out. I just don't no where to start.
How do I get my bounce back and start thinking more positevly about men and relationships??
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:48:34
I have no clue. I just fell into my current one.

I wish you luck

#3New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:51:12
@plebian_angel Said

I have no clue. I just fell into my current one.

I wish you luck

thanks hun
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#4New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:54:23
I'm confused. Do you want to be in a relationship, or do you not? The first part of your post suggested you didn't want to be in one, but then you ended it with asking how to get yourself aligned with being in a relationship again. It seems contradictory.

Myself, if I found myself single again, I think I would be similarly conflicted. I want the closeness and support of a relationship, but I don't want to deal with someone always trying to control me. And honestly, I may just be too selfish to be in a relationship anymore, lol.
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#5New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:57:08
I'm single and I love it right now. But if you're not happy of being single go for another relationship.

#6New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 23:59:14
@Lili Said

I'm confused. Do you want to be in a relationship, or do you not? The first part of your post suggested you didn't want to be in one, but then you ended it with asking how to get yourself aligned with being in a relationship again. It seems contradictory.

Myself, if I found myself single again, I think I would be similarly conflicted. I want the closeness and support of a relationship, but I don't want to deal with someone always trying to control me. And honestly, I may just be too selfish to be in a relationship anymore, lol.

I can see why you are confused. My point was that underneath it all I guess I do because I don't like the idea of being alone forever but actually making that effort to be in a relationship scares me to death, it just seems like such hard work
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:01:38
@kaydoh Said

I can see why you are confused. My point was that underneath it all I guess I do because I don't like the idea of being alone forever but actually making that effort to be in a relationship scares me to death, it just seems like such hard work

You need a man to fall out of the sky

#8New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:02:46
@plebian_angel Said

I do

I want a guy who will worship the ground i walk on but only turns up when it suits me and disappears the rest of the time lol.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#9New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:03:30
@kaydoh Said

I do

I want a guy who will worship the ground i walk on but only turns up when it suits me and disappears the rest of the time lol.

Can't help you on that one
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#10New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:04:55
@plebian_angel Said

Jay: Guys like us don't just fall out of the sky, you know!
*Rufus drops from the sky*
Jay: Beautiful big breasted women don't just fall from the sky, you know!

Sorry, this make me think of that.

I say, you just go and do what you feel is right for you. Sounds like your getting the chance to just be yourself, and that's the best way that you can find someone who is really right for you.
friendlybear On March 10, 2010

Deleted

Nanaimo, Canada
#11New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:06:31
Well, first off, I gotta say, you'll never be a lonely miserable old hag, unless you want to be. From where I sit, you're pretty darned attractive.
It sounds to me like it's time to get to know yourself a bit better. Look back on those relationships and find the common denominator.
Ask yourself some questions.
Why do you go for guys that you wind up splitting with? What are you looking for in a relationship?
Once you have the answers to those questions, you'll have a better chance of finding what you want.

In the meantime, wanna fool around?
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#12New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:09:36
@kaydoh Said

I do

You and me are totally on the same page!

#13New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:10:05
@friendlybear Said

Well, first off, I gotta say, you'll never be a lonely miserable old hag, unless you want to be. From where I sit, you're pretty darned attractive.
It sounds to me like it's time to get to know yourself a bit better. Look back on those relationships and find the common denominator.
Ask yourself some questions.
Why do you go for guys that you wind up splitting with? What are you looking for in a relationship?
Once you have the answers to those questions, you'll have a better chance of finding what you want.

In the meantime, wanna fool around?

Well lets see. i split with a couple of them because I wanted to to settle down and have kids and they didnt. One left me when i got pregnant and the last one cheated on me. The common denominator is obviously me. I think that's part of the problem.. I think I have a downer on myself to be able to sustain a long term meaningfull relationship, but I don't actually know what the issue is.

Do I wanna fool around.. sure I we can play tiddly winks
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#14New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:10:59
@kaydoh Said

Well lets see. i split with a couple of them because I wanted to to settle down and have kids and they didnt. One left me when i got pregnant and the last one cheated on me. The common denominator is obviously me. I think that's part of the problem.. I think I have a downer on myself to be able to sustain a long term meaningfull relationship, but I don't actually know what the issue is.

Do I wanna fool around.. sure I we can play tiddly winks

Are the guys all the same personality? Next time, go for opposite personality!

#15New Post! Jul 19, 2009 @ 00:16:28
@plebian_angel Said

Are the guys all the same personality? Next time, go for opposite personality!

I tried that I went from utter control freak to mr so laid back he was snoring and it drove me mad. Then I went for the shared interest thing.. thats my sons dad and i already said how that turned out.. the last one was the adoring type right up untill the day I caught him with one of his employees lol
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs