Pages: 1 2 · >>
luckyboy44 On March 26, 2020

Raytown,
#1New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 16:08:38
( How to make your brain work better )

1. Talk to your Brain
Either through visualization or self-talk to let it know what you
expect it to do.
2. Forget everything that does not pertain to what you are doing.

3. Use relaxing techniques to Engage your whole brain.

4. Engage all your senses to help.

Your brain processes millions of bits of information every day, and only a minute part of it is ever brought into you conscious thoughts. Even so, We are overwhelmed with information that the brain thinks is important. Far more information than we need or want. Learn to filter out irrelevant information and your thinking will make a dramatic improvement.
You do not have to worry that you will miss something, the information will still be processed and still be available when needed.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 17:49:19
@luckyboy44 Said

( How to make your brain work better )

1. Talk to your Brain
Either through visualization or self-talk to let it know what you
expect it to do.
2. Forget everything that does not pertain to what you are doing.

3. Use relaxing techniques to Engage your whole brain.

4. Engage all your senses to help.

Your brain processes millions of bits of information every day, and only a minute part of it is ever brought into you conscious thoughts. Even so, We are overwhelmed with information that the brain thinks is important. Far more information than we need or want. Learn to filter out irrelevant information and your thinking will make a dramatic improvement.
You do not have to worry that you will miss something, the information will still be processed and still be available when needed.

How does one learn to filter out. The thoughts keep coming like waves on the shore of consciousness.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 18:10:44
Studies have shown that physical activity are by far the number one method for making the brain work better.

Physical activity boosts blood flow to the brain, which in turn boosts both oxygen and nutrients (including proteins) going to the brain. The brain thrives on oxygen and nutrients...and there is a strong "argument" that brain function and ultimately memory are dependent on proteins.

Visualizing and relaxing help you visualize and relax.

Taking brain quizzes helps you take brain quizzes.

However, to make the brain work better...the single most effective technique is physical activity, movement, exercise...walking, running, swimming, etc.

The best support technique to physical activity is a healthy diet which removes or prevents toxins from getting to the brain....i.e. cut back on drugs, booze, chemical preservatives in ones food....and not having excess sugar nor excess salt.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 18:18:06
Offer the brain a raise and then keep it ever just out of reach. This will increase productivity while keeping your payroll losses at a minimum.

Raytown,
#5New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 20:10:31
You can filter out irrelevant information by telling yourself how irrelevant it is, this will let your brain know.

Raytown,
#6New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 20:20:14
@chaski Said

Studies have shown that physical activity are by far the number one method for making the brain work better.

Physical activity boosts blood flow to the brain, which in turn boosts both oxygen and nutrients (including proteins) going to the brain. The brain thrives on oxygen and nutrients...and there is a strong "argument" that brain function and ultimately memory are dependent on proteins.

However, to make the brain work better...the single most effective technique is physical activity, movement, exercise...walking, running, swimming, etc.

The best support technique to physical activity is a healthy diet which removes or prevents toxins from getting to the brain....i.e. cut back on drugs, booze, chemical preservatives in ones food....and not having excess sugar nor excess salt.

Physical activity before relaxation has been shown to engage all parts of the brain in preperation for the desired activity.

#7New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 23:04:24
@luckyboy44 Said

You can filter out irrelevant information by telling yourself how irrelevant it is, this will let your brain know.

I will give it a try.

#8New Post! May 24, 2017 @ 23:06:31
@chaski Said

But ...but booze, sugar and salt are my three major food groups.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:36:03
@luckyboy44 Said

I don't listen to my brain half the time, why would I expect it to listen to me?

....?

?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#10New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:43:49
@Erimitus Said

But ...but booze, sugar and salt are my three major food groups.

Booze actually helps my cognition, I'm pretty sure it is both unusual and a genetic anomaly.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:48:26
@mrmhead Said

I don't listen to my brain half the time, why would I expect it to listen to me?

....?

?

Most people should ignore their brains.

Kind of like not using a power tool that has been neglected for a very long time.... or not trying to fly an airplane when one has never learn how to fly it.

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:52:27
@chaski Said

Booze actually helps my cognition, I'm pretty sure it is both unusual and a genetic anomaly.

Interesting and serious thought on that: One of those SCI channels series - or something like that - talked about how white noise could actually help bring something in to focus.

What if drinking or drugs or whatever ... actual loud noise (Death Metal )
is another way to "white out" the unimportant parts?

A different kind of fidget spinner.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:57:15
@mrmhead Said

Interesting and serious thought on that: One of those SCI channels series - or something like that - talked about how white noise could actually help bring something in to focus.

What if drinking or drugs or whatever ... actual loud noise (Death Metal )
is another way to "white out" the unimportant parts?

A different kind of fidget spinner.

I always viewed it as an antidote to the stupidity of the world, but you might be on to something.

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 00:58:10
@chaski Said

Most people should ignore their brains.

Kind of like not using a power tool that has been neglected for a very long time.... or not trying to fly an airplane when one has never learn how to fly it.

Yeah! - I went to use my Bissell the other day (yeah, it's been awhile) And the spray part doesn't work - the motor doesn't work, I heard a buzz...so I just left it alone. Not worth fiddling with.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 01:03:14
@mrmhead Said

Yeah! - I went to use my Bissell the other day (yeah, it's been awhile) And the spray part doesn't work - the motor doesn't work, I heard a buzz...so I just left it alone. Not worth fiddling with.

Satan hangs out inside unused power tools and appliances...just waiting for an unwitting soul to do something stupid.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs