The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

How have your long-term friendships evolved over time?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
OsFan8 On June 29, 2011

#1New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 04:02:12
My best friend and I used to be more similar than we are now. In terms of our world views, senses of humor, the movies and music we liked. Over the years though those things seem to have changed a bit. We still like the same things generally speaking but when it comes to the things I truly love they're not the same and vice-versa. I think ultimately this has made our friendship more interesting and it's good for it. Has anyone else out there discovered this with their closest friends?
Electric_Banana On about 5 hours ago

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 04:11:05
Only person here in Zealand that I know is my partner.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#3New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 05:50:17
Yeah.

We were friends before.I would see her on her breaks at work, say hello,talk about stuff we saw. That was pretty much it for the most part. One day she told me all kinds of stuff about her family life at home that I never knew. Out relationship changed for sure. I really knew I was her friend then. She kept me from doing stupid things in the past. I helped her hold it together and stay sane during a really rough time.

And people thought she was only nice to be because it was part of her job, whatever the hell at meant.
lilbug On June 30, 2011

Deleted

Collins, Missouri
#4New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 14:34:04
I hear folks talk about 'best friends' and I am a bit envious. Not sure that I ever had one. Growing up we moved an average of every 2 years. I went to 15 different schools. I got really good at making friends, but keeping them, nurturing them, even now, is difficult for me. I was always the 'new kid' so I sort of gravitated toward the other kids who were also the odd ones out for some reason or another. We were friends at school, rarely anything more than that, certainly not to the point of sharing our views on the world. That's kinda been the trend throughout my life, though I do not think it has been a conscious decision, just something that evolved due my circumstances.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 14:43:38
Most of my old ones have faded and others have taken their place. None are as intimate as the ones I used to have, but it was still time to move on from most of those and go our separate ways with fond memories. My new ones could probably be just as close if I wanted, but I find that I'm just not that interested in those kind of connections anymore.

I still talk to my closest friend from time to time. We still think much the same and still have that easy understanding of each other's way of thinking, but our lives are just different now. We don't really understand each other's lives anymore.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 14:45:39
most of my friends have passed on.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#7New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 14:49:13
I can't say things have changed between me and my best mate, we share a lot of interests and together we're as immature as we were in school, only thing is we've got older, fatter, greyer and problems are slightly more serious now

We made a list each when we were 14 of the things we'd like to have done by the time we were 30, she kept them. the bigest thing on our lists were to sleep with our maths teacher It never happened
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 29, 2011 @ 14:53:29
My best friend and I have kind of grown apart a bit lately, despite seeing each other a lot. Makes sense as we've both gone away to uni and become different people. We don't have as much in common anymore and at times it feels a bit awkward which is strange. I think it's just a transitory period though so I'm sure things will work out. Happens to everyone at my age.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs