Have you ever been in love?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
amytgirl On June 19, 2017

Deleted

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 04:10:49
I've never been in love with anyone...What is it like?
Am I missing out?

Sometimes I'll watch a movie or play a video game and it's 'all so sweet' and perfect and it rekindles a feeling inside of me that how good life would be to meet someone that sweet.

...But real life isn't like that...Is it?

I think this summer I'll put some effort into chatting up as many people as I can and see what I can come up with.

I'm determined not to meet another nutter.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 05:16:09
Awww hunny, come here: (((Hugs))).

I'm not sure how anybody can really give you any advice. The only thing anyone could say is how their own experiences worked out and that would be no good to you. You need to find your own way.

I've only dated two girls in my life. The first I loved deeply but we both moved on (long story). The second, I'm married to now and wouldn't change her for the world. I guess I just got lucky.

You say you don't want to meet any more "nutters".... and by that I'm figuring (from what I have heard about it recently) that the Edinburgh scene is a bit of a minefield and things might have gone a bit pear shaped for you on that front.

Wife and I were in Edinburgh for the "War on Poverty" demonstration in 2005... we were part of the "human chain" that formed around the city centre.... we had only just graduated from uni and gotten engaged at the time. Ahhh... those were the days..!!

It was amazing to be there and we thought Edinburgh was a great place until we went out on the scene in the evening. To say it was not what we expected was an understatement.

That's my only experience of Edinburgh and it's LGBT scene so it's not much to go on, but if you're trying to find something more than casual relationships it may be a little tough.

There's an old saying that before you meet your Prince Charming you have to kiss a lot of frogs and I guess there's something in that. Nobody can tell you how to meet Mr / Ms Right. It just, kinda, happens. Sometimes in the most unlikeliest of places (outside Lecture Theatre Number 2 at Portsmouth University on a drizzly, miserable Wednesday afternoon for me..!!).

So don't give up. Just be yourself and let fate roll the dice as it will. You come across to me as a really sweet person and sooner or later (hopefully sooner), your drizzly Wednesday afternoon will happen. I hope so.

Love is wonderful and for all its trials and tribulations, it is worth waiting for. I'm sorry I can't offer you more than that, but for what it's worth, it's all I have.

Good luck, take care and stay strong.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 09:05:34
@amytgirl Said

I've never been in love with anyone...What is it like?
Am I missing out?

Sometimes I'll watch a movie or play a video game and it's 'all so sweet' and perfect and it rekindles a feeling inside of me that how good life would be to meet someone that sweet.

...But real life isn't like that...Is it?

I think this summer I'll put some effort into chatting up as many people as I can and see what I can come up with.

I'm determined not to meet another nutter.

do you mean like with someone who loved me back?
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 09:53:05
I lost the love of my life to cancer 8 years ago, it's been hell. I know people go to pubs and clubs to meet someone, but I met my husband in a supermarket, I'm not very tall and was reaching for something on a high shelf when this hand reached over and passed it to me, I turned round to say thanks and looked into that face and that was it. I still wear his pajamas to bed lol. so real love can happen, even though he's not here I still love that man and could never be with anyone else, too much of a hard act to follow.

Deleted

#5New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 12:07:03
@Jennifer1984 Said

Awww hunny, come here: (((Hugs))).

I'm not sure how anybody can really give you any advice. The only thing anyone could say is how their own experiences worked out and that would be no good to you. You need to find your own way.

I've only dated two girls in my life. The first I loved deeply but we both moved on (long story). The second, I'm married to now and wouldn't change her for the world. I guess I just got lucky.

You say you don't want to meet any more "nutters".... and by that I'm figuring (from what I have heard about it recently) that the Edinburgh scene is a bit of a minefield and things might have gone a bit pear shaped for you on that front.

Wife and I were in Edinburgh for the "War on Poverty" demonstration in 2005... we were part of the "human chain" that formed around the city centre.... we had only just graduated from uni and gotten engaged at the time. Ahhh... those were the days..!!

It was amazing to be there and we thought Edinburgh was a great place until we went out on the scene in the evening. To say it was not what we expected was an understatement.

That's my only experience of Edinburgh and it's LGBT scene so it's not much to go on, but if you're trying to find something more than casual relationships it may be a little tough.

There's an old saying that before you meet your Prince Charming you have to kiss a lot of frogs and I guess there's something in that. Nobody can tell you how to meet Mr / Ms Right. It just, kinda, happens. Sometimes in the most unlikeliest of places (outside Lecture Theatre Number 2 at Portsmouth University on a drizzly, miserable Wednesday afternoon for me..!!).

So don't give up. Just be yourself and let fate roll the dice as it will. You come across to me as a really sweet person and sooner or later (hopefully sooner), your drizzly Wednesday afternoon will happen. I hope so.

Love is wonderful and for all its trials and tribulations, it is worth waiting for. I'm sorry I can't offer you more than that, but for what it's worth, it's all I have.

Good luck, take care and stay strong.

Thanks that was really nice! So cool how you met...
I'm not always 'dressed' I must confess to you. I enjoy being a TGIRL but I also enjoy being a 'typical guy'...So if I was looking for love I'd take on the guy role and hide (or destroy completely) my alter ego (if it was necessary). I've never been on the scene - I don't have anything to do with it because I don't fit in there. When I go out as a TGIRL I go to regular places and wouldn't expect to find ANYONE interested in me in my TGIRL guise...Not for love anyway...Meet enough horny guys though it's actually crazy... Dressing up has certainly taught me many things I wouldn't have otherwise learned. People don't understand though...They see someone dressed in 'unconventional' clothes and think they're either insane, sick or perverted. In some cases it's very true, but not in mine. I just enjoy wearing what I wear and see no 'gender' in clothes or colours or makeup or wild-camping or flowers or boxing or dolls or whatever...They're just 'things' to me. I think people expect a specific gender to adhere to too many impossible rules and I got tired of trying to live up to someone elses expectations of what a man should be.

Deleted

#6New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 12:07:27
@Erimitus Said

do you mean like with someone who loved me back?

No...just have you ever been in love?

Deleted

#7New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 12:09:29
@Mankysparrow Said

I lost the love of my life to cancer 8 years ago, it's been hell. I know people go to pubs and clubs to meet someone, but I met my husband in a supermarket, I'm not very tall and was reaching for something on a high shelf when this hand reached over and passed it to me, I turned round to say thanks and looked into that face and that was it. I still wear his pajamas to bed lol. so real love can happen, even though he's not here I still love that man and could never be with anyone else, too much of a hard act to follow.

It's interesting how people meet in these 'odd' places, or at least places not 'supposed' to be places you meet the love of your life...

Very sorry for your loss.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 15:14:31
@Mankysparrow Said

Glad you have those memories to hold onto.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 15:16:58
@amytgirl Said

Still am. Married 33 years. I wish you the best to find someone to have that love to share!

"When you can't be with the one you love,
love the one you're with"

#10New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 17:39:26
@amytgirl Said

No, but I have heard tell of it.
MainerMikeBrown On April 19, 2021

Hiram, Maine
#11New Post! Mar 19, 2017 @ 18:05:30
When I was in high school, I had a crush on a couple of my female classmates. But I've never been in love before.
Beauty On March 27, 2017

, Florida
#12New Post! Mar 25, 2017 @ 01:12:05
Love is chemistry. You'll know it when you meet him!

#13New Post! Mar 25, 2017 @ 17:20:46
@Beauty Said

Love is chemistry. You'll know it when you meet him!

You can actually smell the pheromones in the air...

#14New Post! Mar 25, 2017 @ 17:22:04
@Erimitus Said

You can actually smell the pheromones in the air...

Or is that lust????

Sometimes, I have been told, it is difficult to differentiate.
Beauty On March 27, 2017

, Florida
#15New Post! Mar 26, 2017 @ 03:11:37
@Erimitus Said

Or is that lust????

Sometimes, I have been told, it is difficult to differentiate.

Love is lust with care. Unconditional care.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs