News & Current Events

Happy Earth Day 2017!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 15:17:36
Scientists and Science supporters march world wide in support of science and research.

I'm sure there are plenty of articles out there ...

(I'll be back )
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 15:53:41
If people don't think humans are impacting the climate, hopefully they will accept that the climate is changing.

Set policies and spend money on Adjusting to what's expected to come ... like

No (limited) new construction on the coastlines or outlying, barrier islands.
Prepare for the need for a significant increase in energy demand.
Emergency preparedness.

And as far as curbing pollution... doesn't it make sense not to s*** in your own bed??

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 16:19:04
During his Spanish American expedition, 1799–1804, Alexander von Humboldt found and wrote about the human impact on the climate/environment.

167 years later Marvin Gaye sang about it in his song "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)".

213 years after Humboldt's observations and just 46 years after Marvin Gaye's song (well really before and after both Humboldt and Gaye) "we" have somehow forgotten the impact of humans on the environment.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#4New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:33:06
@chaski Said

During his Spanish American expedition, 1799–1804, Alexander von Humboldt found and wrote about the human impact on the climate/environment.

167 years later Marvin Gaye sang about it in his song "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)".

213 years after Humboldt's observations and just 46 years after Marvin Gaye's song (well really before and after both Humboldt and Gaye) "we" have somehow forgotten the impact of humans on the environment.

How's it going chas ?
Finally got my mower fixed after 20 pulls and it's running smooth.
You spoke about Marvin Gay...?
A dude who attempted to beat up his dad ?
Is this what you called "saving" the environment?
Okay...perhaps this dude did not have many hits but this save the environment shenanigans is all bogus.As you may know who brought this all on us ?
Answer is this dude.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:39:37
@PTF Said

How's it going chas ?
Okay...perhaps this dude did not have many hits but this save the environment shenanigans is all bogus.As you may know who brought this all on us ?
Answer is this dude.

Actually Marvin Gaye's dad had some pretty severe mental problems and murdered Marvin Gaye, his son....not that that situation had anything whatever do do with the environment.

And, to answer your question, "who brought this on us?" Big corporations and rich jerks who don't care about the environment. No doubt you want to blame Obama, and he is not innocent, but his failings with respect to the environment pale in comparison to the Republican Party....and Trump.

The Republican Party used to be the champion of our environment and national parks, but now the Republican Party is the whore of big business.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#6New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:54:38
@chaski Said

Actually Marvin Gaye's dad had some pretty severe mental problems and murdered Marvin Gaye, his son....not that that situation had anything whatever do do with the environment.

And, to answer your question, "who brought this on us?" Big corporations and rich jerks who don't care about the environment. No doubt you want to blame Obama, and he is not innocent, but his failings with respect to the environment pale in comparison to the Republican Party....and Trump.

The Republican Party used to be the champion of our environment and national parks, but now the Republican Party is the whore of big business.

Big businesses produces new jobs chas.This I say again this environmental stuff is hogwash. I stopped recycling a year ago,no problem.
Didn't Marvin Gay found out his dad was a cross dresser chas ?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:56:33
@PTF Said

Didn't Marvin Gay found out his dad was a cross dresser chas ?

Probably.

Is that a good reason for his father to murder him?
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#8New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:59:03
@chaski Said

Probably.

Is that a good reason for his father to murder him?

It's either him or Marvin. Next question please.
Btw chas...you having problems with your mower ?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#9New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 22:59:43
@PTF Said

Big businesses produces new jobs

Keep drinking the kool aid.

@PTF Said

I say again this environmental stuff is hogwash.

And to all of you who apparently want to polute and destroy our country and our world, I say
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#10New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:00:35
@PTF Said

Btw chas...you having problems with your mower ?

I don't own a mower.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#11New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:08:41
@chaski Said

Keep drinking the kool aid.

And to all of you who apparently want to polute and destroy our country and our world, I say

If you don't recycle bottles or any type of plastics or cans ,companies will be forced to hire people in order to make new plastic and other products.
So chas which do you want...save the environment or create new minimum wage jobs for the low info folks out there ?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:13:30
@PTF Said

If you don't recycle bottles or any type of plastics or cans ,companies will be forced to hire people in order to make new plastic and other products.
So chas which do you want...save the environment or create new minimum wage jobs for the low info folks out there ?

Save the environment AND create new and sustainable jobs at all income levels by developing non fossil fuel based industries AND viable recycling programs....etc

After all, why let the rest of the world build new energy industries and thus allowing them to control us, when we can take the leading role and make lots of jobs and lots of money... I love capitalism!
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#13New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:17:44
@chaski Said

Save the environment AND create new and sustainable jobs at all income levels by developing non fossil fuel based industries AND viable recycling programs....etc

After all, why let the rest of the world build new energy industries and thus allowing them to control us, when we can take the leading role and make lots of jobs and lots of money... I love capitalism!

You have better luck winning the lottery than wishing for dead fossil fuel chas.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:20:28
@PTF Said

How's it going chas ?
Answer is this dude.

What would you know? Marvin Gaye had at least 30 top 30. A number of them to #1

And it was his dad who was prone to doing the beatings from when he was very young & onward. In fact he intervened to stop his dad from beating his mom on that night his dad fatally shot him.

Dude- go to school. You need learning in many many disciplines.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 23:21:52
@chaski Said

Amen!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs