The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Teens

Girls: The raw, real God's honest truth about teenage pregnancy.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 00:43:37
Granted, I'm not in high school and I'm almost out of my teens, so it should be easier right? Wrong. If it's this hard for me and I'm out of school and have a job and my own place and it's THIS hard, you being 14, 15, 16, 17 with a baby is going to be 200x harder.

Here's a few stats to start this off:

-More than 2/3 of all teenagers who have a baby will not graduate from high school

-Billions of dollars are spent taking care of teenage mothers and their children and they are more likely to be in the poverty bracket.

-Child abuse & neglect is at an all time high in children with teen parents

-Teen mothers are more likely to end up on welfare (nearly 80 percent of unmarried teen mothers end up on welfare)

-Only 1.5% have a college degree by age 30

-Sons of teen mothers are 13 percent more likely to end up in prison while teen daughters are 22 percent more likely to become teen mothers themselves

-88% of young men will NOT marry the mother of their first born child

https://www.familyfirstaid.org/teen-pregnancy.html
https://www.pregnantteenhelp.org/statistics/teen-pregnancy-statistics/

Also, let me start with this. If you think, for one second, that a baby will help your relationship with your boyfriend (regardless of you age, his age or the amount of time you've been together) you are horribly mistaken.
I am 19 and a soon-to-be mother. I've been with the father of my child for nearly 3 years and our future is now extremely uncertain.
It will not make him stay.
What part do you think will make him want to stay?
You're new body? You're gonna gain weight... and quick. You'll bloat, stretch out, sag, get stretch marks, your skin tone will change, you may experience terrible acne than you've ever had(I know I am!!)

Or how about needing a job just to survive?
Oh, you think mom and dad are gonna hand everything over? Wrong-o.
Yeah, he'll love needing to at least make $1,200 a month and having nothing left for himself. And her'es the kicker, you'll need a job too. And you'll need to make just as much (more if baby daddy isn't in the picture).

And I'm sure the screeching halt of his childhood and partying will go over smoothly.
Wrong again. He will resent you.

If anything, it'll push him further away. And permanently.

My baby's father has shown his true colors since I found out I was pregnant. And they aren't pretty.

And let me tell you something, pregnancy isn't cute. It's not easy.
Your hormones are everywhere. Dropping a pillow off the bed is enough to make you want to burst into tears something.
You will be so sick. It BLOWS. It's not morning sickness, it's all-day-everyday-sickness.
Your back will kill.
Your knees will ache.
Your baby might sit on your sciatic nerve which delightfully makes your thigh(s) go numb and cause crippling pain.

I've lost almost all of my friends (the ones who don't have kids). They don't want to deal with me and my drama. They also don't want to be in a home where they have to tread lightly and not be too loud or too messy.

Some family members will guilt you to death with their aching disappointment. You will feel lower than low.

What? You say you can probably get a free ride through college?
Okay, so how about day care? That can be $260-600 a month. You need a job for that. Daycare vouchers usually will only cover a fraction of the cost.
OH! You say mom will watch him? What about when she gets off and she has her own s*** to deal with? It's your child. Not hers.

And how about getting to and from? You plan to have a car? Good luck paying for sky-high gas and painfully high insurance for being so young.

And how about studying?
You think listening to a baby cry or chasing after a crawling/walking baby will let you focus any?
How about when they just want to play with mommy? How about when they're tearing up your papers and spilling juice on your books?

Oh, you'll just do that when the baby sleeps, huh?
Um, what about laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, garbage, showers, and picking up? A lot of that has to be done at night when all you want to do is sit and relax.

And omg, the ridicule?
I hope you like being called a slut, both behind your back and to your damn face.
I hope you like your family talking behind your back.
I hope you like being called a leach on the government.
I hope you don't mind being called an irresponsible child or "A baby with a baby".

You're f***ing fooling yourself if you're a teen who wants to get pregnant.

Please, girls, live your life. You have years to find the right guy and have children.

I got pregnant on mistake. And yes, while I could have had an abortion or given her up for adoption. I didn't. And I'm sacrificing a lot for choosing to parent, including my relationship and my carefree, lazy independence.

s*** gets real REAL fast.

Use condoms, get on birth control, use spermicides. KNOW YOUR s***.
"I'm embarrassed" or "I'm broke" are NO excuses.
Planned Parenthood (https://www.plannedparenthood.org/) has free birth control plans and free condoms.
It's cheaper to buy a pack of condoms than a pack of diapers, wipes and formula.
And it's a helluva lot less embarrassing to buy condoms as a teen than bringing up your pack of Pampers.

I'm not saying a child isn't an amazing blessing and you won't love him to bits, but it's so much harder before you're established.

I'm begging you.
Live your life.

Don't be ignorant. Arm yourself with information.
And if a guy says "Condoms hurt"
Yeah, well so does pregnancy and birth.

Educate yourselves:
www.pregnantteenhelp.org
https://www.itsyoursexlife.com/
www.teenhelp.com/teen-pregnancy/teen-pregnancy-statistics.html
https://www.thenationalcampaign.org/
www.teenpregnancy.com/
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#2New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 00:44:15
s***, dude. I got 101 points for that. Oooh yeah.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 01:17:32
I hope every teen (gals and guys) who comes on this site reads this.

Good stuff.
snarkykins On June 13, 2013

Noneofyourbusiness, United Sta
#4New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 01:30:27
Good post.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 01:40:33
I think this would be a great sticky topic for the Teens forum.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#6New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 01:40:34
I just have too say
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 01:48:27
FANTASTIC topic. You did a great job here, Kristy.
snarkykins On June 13, 2013

Noneofyourbusiness, United Sta
#8New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:15:21
@LuckyCharms Said

I think this would be a great sticky topic for the Teens forum.

Yes, it would, I agree.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:40:56
@Kristy69 Said

Granted, I'm not in high school and I'm almost out of my teens, so it should be easier right? Wrong. If it's this hard for me and I'm out of school and have a job and my own place and it's THIS hard, you being 14, 15, 16, 17 with a baby is going to be 200x harder.

Here's a few stats to start this off:

-More than 2/3 of all teenagers who have a baby will not graduate from high school

-Billions of dollars are spent taking care of teenage mothers and their children and they are more likely to be in the poverty bracket.

-Child abuse & neglect is at an all time high in children with teen parents

-Teen mothers are more likely to end up on welfare (nearly 80 percent of unmarried teen mothers end up on welfare)

-Only 1.5% have a college degree by age 30

-Sons of teen mothers are 13 percent more likely to end up in prison while teen daughters are 22 percent more likely to become teen mothers themselves

-88% of young men will NOT marry the mother of their first born child

https://www.familyfirstaid.org/teen-pregnancy.html
https://www.pregnantteenhelp.org/statistics/teen-pregnancy-statistics/

Also, let me start with this. If you think, for one second, that a baby will help your relationship with your boyfriend (regardless of you age, his age or the amount of time you've been together) you are horribly mistaken.
I am 19 and a soon-to-be mother. I've been with the father of my child for nearly 3 years and our future is now extremely uncertain.
What part do you think will make him want to stay?
You're new body? You're gonna gain weight... and quick. You'll bloat, stretch out, sag, get stretch marks, your skin tone will change, you may experience terrible acne than you've ever had(I know I am!!)

Or how about needing a job just to survive?
Oh, you think mom and dad are gonna hand everything over? Wrong-o.
Yeah, he'll love needing to at least make $1,200 a month and having nothing left for himself. And her'es the kicker, you'll need a job too. And you'll need to make just as much (more if baby daddy isn't in the picture).

And I'm sure the screeching halt of his childhood and partying will go over smoothly.
Wrong again. He will resent you.

If anything, it'll push him further away. And permanently.

My baby's father has shown his true colors since I found out I was pregnant. And they aren't pretty.

And let me tell you something, pregnancy isn't cute. It's not easy.
Your hormones are everywhere. Dropping a pillow off the bed is enough to make you want to burst into tears something.
You will be so sick. It BLOWS. It's not morning sickness, it's all-day-everyday-sickness.
Your back will kill.
Your knees will ache.
Your baby might sit on your sciatic nerve which delightfully makes your thigh(s) go numb and cause crippling pain.

I've lost almost all of my friends (the ones who don't have kids). They don't want to deal with me and my drama. They also don't want to be in a home where they have to tread lightly and not be too loud or too messy.

Some family members will guilt you to death with their aching disappointment. You will feel lower than low.

What? You say you can probably get a free ride through college?
Okay, so how about day care? That can be $260-600 a month. You need a job for that. Daycare vouchers usually will only cover a fraction of the cost.
OH! You say mom will watch him? What about when she gets off and she has her own s*** to deal with? It's your child. Not hers.

And how about getting to and from? You plan to have a car? Good luck paying for sky-high gas and painfully high insurance for being so young.

And how about studying?
You think listening to a baby cry or chasing after a crawling/walking baby will let you focus any?
How about when they just want to play with mommy? How about when they're tearing up your papers and spilling juice on your books?

Oh, you'll just do that when the baby sleeps, huh?
Um, what about laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, garbage, showers, and picking up? A lot of that has to be done at night when all you want to do is sit and relax.

And omg, the ridicule?
I hope you like being called a slut, both behind your back and to your damn face.
I hope you like your family talking behind your back.
I hope you like being called a leach on the government.
I hope you don't mind being called an irresponsible child or "A baby with a baby".

You're f***ing fooling yourself if you're a teen who wants to get pregnant.

Please, girls, live your life. You have years to find the right guy and have children.

I got pregnant on mistake. And yes, while I could have had an abortion or given her up for adoption. I didn't. And I'm sacrificing a lot for choosing to parent, including my relationship and my carefree, lazy independence.

s*** gets real REAL fast.

Use condoms, get on birth control, use spermicides. KNOW YOUR s***.
"I'm embarrassed" or "I'm broke" are NO excuses.
Planned Parenthood (https://www.plannedparenthood.org/) has free birth control plans and free condoms.
It's cheaper to buy a pack of condoms than a pack of diapers, wipes and formula.
And it's a helluva lot less embarrassing to buy condoms as a teen than bringing up your pack of Pampers.

I'm not saying a child isn't an amazing blessing and you won't love him to bits, but it's so much harder before you're established.

I'm begging you.
Live your life.

Don't be ignorant. Arm yourself with information.
And if a guy says "Condoms hurt"
Yeah, well so does pregnancy and birth.

Educate yourselves:
www.pregnantteenhelp.org
https://www.itsyoursexlife.com/
www.teenhelp.com/teen-pregnancy/teen-pregnancy-statistics.html
https://www.thenationalcampaign.org/
www.teenpregnancy.com/

f***in A, that's an awesome post! You ought to do a national tour to yell at teens to not be stupid. Bravo! You'd be the counterpoint to Bristol Palin! hahaha
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#10New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:54:39
who in their right mind wants a baby so young anyways? who wants a baby when they have JUST married? I have a friend who had a baby young well she was 21 but she complained constantly and did not want to deal with the baby.then she meets some guy and gets prego again. and while she is getting huge and being super lazy. she complained about that as well. she now carries that baby around like its a bag or a stuffed animal.

I will never understand why some one would want a baby so young. I will never understand why if they want to have sex why not be smart and get on the pill?

I am married and 24 and still feel unready to have a kid.
it scares me just to think of having a baby and not being able to do the things i do now, such as sleep, clean and cook when I want to.

of course its cute and sweet to have a baby once you are married. but its really a good idea to be married 1st and I agree with what you said about it not making the relationship better..I heard once some where you don't have a baby to fix your problems. you fix your problems THEN have a baby.

I agree with what you are saying, Harsh but true :D I feel sorry for those who are not taught correctly, but I guess this is what happens when sex education is taught in schools. parents should really teach their kids about this.

My husband and I have already decided that if our daughter gets pregnant while she is young, we will NOT help her out but kick her out. she was woman enough to lay there and open her legs she will be woman enough to take care of it.

She will receive no help from us at all, but hopfully she will know better and not be so stupid

I knew a girl who wanted to have kids at 14 and she got what she wanted. some one said that the father of the babies would leave her. the father than claimed that he would not and he would be there for the babies, but what do you think happened when the babies were actually born? yes he up and left...

Girls are so stupid because they think that it will be easy and fun.but then after awhile they cry and complain and say they do not want the baby.

Some parents do help though. some parents are proud that their daughter went out and got pregnant. they are like wow I Am going to be a grandmother. that is soo great. some parents will do EVERYTHING for that girl and never complain. or some will just cover it up and say "oh this baby is mine" there are just stupid people in this world, and I SMH....

On the other hand I Hope all goes well with you!!! -hugs-
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#11New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:54:52
I had got pregnant at 16, none of those statistics are correct for me. I guess I'm the 1%
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#12New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:56:41
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I had got pregnant at 16, none of those statistics are correct for me. I guess I'm the 1%

I will be sure to send the Occupy movement to your house now
Logical Alien

#13New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:58:11
BTW, it is easy and fun, just depends on how well you do in the situation. I don't condone teen pregnancy but it really isn't that hard. Of course, I had the money, help, and support I needed. By help, I mean my mom not the government and by money, I mean I had a boyfriend who had a job (he's now my husband). I pity those who have to use the government for help. I also HATE teens or any woman who get pregnant for money/benefits.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#14New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:58:36
@Tar Said

I will be sure to send the Occupy movement to your house now

Occupy Uterus.
Logical Alien

#15New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 02:59:53
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>