Body Art

Future Tattoo Idea

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
lilmisslostcause On April 09, 2007

Biteme, USA,
#1New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:20:02
I know that wings have been done. I know that people get them all the time. But I want wings.
Medium sized wings on/across my shoulder blades. Half-folded and black at the top, fading to dark grey at the tips. Hawk like. Between them, where they would meet if real, I want to get the kanji symbol for rebirth.
Thoughts? Opinions? Own future tattoo ideas?
animal_rescue On August 11, 2011

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:21:16
Once its on i dout it will come off, so be careful on what you get.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:22:58
Do whatever makes you happy.

Biteme, USA,
#4New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:25:23
@a_r: I know. Tattoos are permaenent. My mum and da keep telling me that. My dad says it quite forcefully in fact.
I want wings for a reason. It's not a spur of the moment thought. I've wanted them for two years. If I haven't changed my mind yet, and if I don't by the time I'm 18, then I'm going to fly. <

@roxy: thanks ^_^
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#5New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:29:25
at lest if you get it done, and dont like it, its on your back, so you wont be abile to easy see it

Biteme, USA,
#6New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 04:32:44
.......... >_> ....... ok........
sono_hito On November 09, 2007

Provo, Utah
#7New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 05:35:52
over the last year the FIRST FDA approved tattoo ink came out. It can be removed with a single laser treatment. So tattoos no longer have to be permanent or painfull to remove. The cost for removal is about the same as getting one nowadays as well. I say that when you are serious on getting it, take at least 6 months searching around for your tattoist. You can find some criteria to screne them by easily off the internet. Make sure you look at previous work and make sure they have done large work like that before. It is REALLY worth it if you can get them to draw up a pre-tattoo rendition of what they would do. Some will charge you a couple bucks to do this, but its worth it if you take the time to get exactly what you want. All in all, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES just go to any shop and get it done. some places are really good, while others are less than reputable. So take your time and you will get something you will treasure the rest of your life.

Im currently awaiting for my appointment for my first tattoo. yes, most will make you schedule an appointment, generaly a month in advance, some as much as 3 months or more. Im in 2 months. Im getting 2 done, one of GIR from invader zim on my left shoulder, and the Triple horn of Odin on my right. its gonna be awesome.

Biteme, USA,
#8New Post! Dec 27, 2006 @ 16:00:41
@sono_hito Said
over the last year the FIRST FDA approved tattoo ink came out. It can be removed with a single laser treatment. So tattoos no longer have to be permanent or painfull to remove. The cost for removal is about the same as getting one nowadays as well. I say that when you are serious on getting it, take at least 6 months searching around for your tattoist. You can find some criteria to screne them by easily off the internet. Make sure you look at previous work and make sure they have done large work like that before. It is REALLY worth it if you can get them to draw up a pre-tattoo rendition of what they would do. Some will charge you a couple bucks to do this, but its worth it if you take the time to get exactly what you want. All in all, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES just go to any shop and get it done. some places are really good, while others are less than reputable. So take your time and you will get something you will treasure the rest of your life.

Im currently awaiting for my appointment for my first tattoo. yes, most will make you schedule an appointment, generaly a month in advance, some as much as 3 months or more. Im in 2 months. Im getting 2 done, one of GIR from invader zim on my left shoulder, and the Triple horn of Odin on my right. its gonna be awesome.

omg, awesome! ^_^
The first thing I'm getting is my wings, then I'm getting the trinity knot on the back of my neck?? and the arabic sign for music on my hip??.
??=not sure about location.
purple_and_gold On September 12, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! Jan 15, 2007 @ 02:18:07
i know that you must like Davey havok's wings. if thats your inspiration than im thinking don't get them unless you really really really want them.
mrhollywood On February 10, 2007

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Feb 09, 2007 @ 03:59:06
the problem is that your tastes do change a lot as you get older. So what you think is cool when your 18, you may think is just stupid when your 30. The problem is that when your a teenager you adamantly believe this wont be the case.
We all said when we were 18 that we would rock and roll forever and never become boring old farts, but it happens to us all.

I waited until I was 30 till I got my tattoos done, by which point I knew my tastes were not going to change, and luckily they were still the same, skulls, demons and rock'n'roll

Tattoos are addictive though. Within 6 months of getting my first one, I had 7.
mrhollywood On February 10, 2007

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 09, 2007 @ 04:00:32
@mrhollywood Said
the problem is that your tastes do change a lot as you get older. So what you think is cool when your 18, you may think is just stupid when your 30. The problem is that when your a teenager you adamantly believe this wont be the case. I have seen so many people with really crap tattoos they had done as teenagers which they now hate.

We all said when we were 18 that we would rock and roll forever and never become boring old farts, but it happens to us all.

I waited until I was 30 till I got my tattoos done, by which point I knew my tastes were not going to change, and luckily they were still the same, skulls, demons and rock'n'roll

Tattoos are addictive though. Within 6 months of getting my first one, I had 7.
anigod191 On September 27, 2008

LOCAL, American Samoa
#12New Post! Feb 11, 2007 @ 20:40:21
I want one on my back. I want it to be a torn open back with the spinal cord showing and some other intracite designs.
skylagabeforever On March 01, 2007

LAS VEGAS,
#13New Post! Mar 01, 2007 @ 14:35:39
ha! i want to get a chair (lazy boy) AnYWHERE i dont reall care but i want a newspaper hanging over the side and slippers in front. then on the chair for it to look like it was knitted in the cahir to say"in memory of jerry allen" or something of that sort. =]
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#14New Post! Mar 01, 2007 @ 14:48:14
Placement is very important but forget about the kanji...everyone has that and you hear horror stories about the meaning changing if the artist slightly changes the design, if your going to do this maybe research it thoroughly.

Good luck.
bigpete On April 20, 2008

Cardiff, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 20:23:14

I was thinking of this as a possible tatoo on my chest over my heart area.

Its a Celtic cross and symbol used a lot in my country and Scotland and Ireland. It was a bastardization of an old Celtic runic symbol by the Christians. In its first form the legs of the cross did not extend outside the circle. The circle represents the sun and the four legs represent the seasons of the year. Its pagan and very old. There is another type with eight legs called the wiccan wheel which represent the four seasons and the four slostice (celebrations) associated with them.

I dont know if I want a tatoo yet and am not convinced on this design as yet. What do you think? Be honest please if you think its s*** just say so and why.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs