Forced payment on all

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 · >>
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#256New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:22:04
@raditz Said

It won't be here forever. No way can we afford to pay for it indefinitely.

you hold onto that piece of hope if you want lol
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#257New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:26:13
@drman321 Said

At least you are consistent.

Why don't you have a job?

They are out there. I don't care how bad the economy is.

If you can't find someone to give you a job, make a job.

I dunno why I don't have a job. I went to college, graduated with a decent GPA.....but for some reason no one is willing to hire me.

I've been trying in almost any industry I could find. Heck, I went to a fast food place for an interview, but they claim since I didn't have any "experience in the food service industry" I wasn't qualified for the job. lol

A load of crap, me thinks.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#258New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:27:04
@mark_is_god Said

you hold onto that piece of hope if you want lol

They were already talking about scaling it back because it was so expensive and the government won't start paying benefits for almost another 4 years.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#259New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:29:16
@raditz Said

I dunno why I don't have a job. I went to college, graduated with a decent GPA.....but for some reason no one is willing to hire me.

I've been trying in almost any industry I could find. Heck, I went to a fast food place for an interview, but they claim since I didn't have any "experience in the food service industry" I wasn't qualified for the job. lol

A load of crap, me thinks.

Lie. Tell them you know how to flip a burger. I'm sure you can figure it out pretty quick.

I have hired three people in the last year and just interviewed someone on Monday, and will likely hire him.

There are jobs out there.

I know plenty of business owners who are hiring.

I think the problem with our large unemployment numbers is that everyone is waiting for a job to fall into their lap.

Sure it is a little tougher out there, but I guarantee you if you spend 40 hours a week looking for a way to make money you will find one pretty quick.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#260New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:33:43
@raditz Said

Why not do the same for those that steal medical services?

Because they're not stealing medical services.. Hospitals that receive public moneys have to accept people without regard to payment.. And a civilized society does not allow sick children and adults to die because of money..

If you want to live in a country like that, then you should move to a country like Afghanistan..

Deleted

#261New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:34:56
@raditz Said

It's because you're a conservative..
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#262New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:35:07
@drman321 Said

Lie. Tell them you know how to flip a burger. I'm sure you can figure it out pretty quick.

I have hired three people in the last year and just interviewed someone on Monday, and will likely hire him.

There are jobs out there.

I know plenty of business owners who are hiring.

I think the problem with our large unemployment numbers is that everyone is waiting for a job to fall into their lap.

Sure it is a little tougher out there, but I guarantee you if you spend 40 hours a week looking for a way to make money you will find one pretty quick.

I don't know how many paper applications I've put out, but as for online apps, I've put out about 1500 in the past 6 months. Nothing.

My friend was saying crap jobs (minimum wage) jobs wouldn't hire me because they won't spend the money in training me if I'll just leave in a few months. Don't know how true that is, no one stays at a job like that for more than a few months. But I would gladly take it if offered, even if it's just temporary.

But I'm not waiting for a job to fall in my lap, been doing everything I can think of to get a job, but it's all been ending in a major fail. lol
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#263New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:37:19
@boxerdc Said

It's because you're a conservative..

Should I quit wearing this shirt to interviews? lol

, Florida
#264New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:39:05
@raditz Said

I don't know how many paper applications I've put out, but as for online apps, I've put out about 1500 in the past 6 months. Nothing.

My friend was saying crap jobs (minimum wage) jobs wouldn't hire me because they won't spend the money in training me if I'll just leave in a few months. Don't know how true that is, no one stays at a job like that for more than a few months. But I would gladly take it if offered, even if it's just temporary.

But I'm not waiting for a job to fall in my lap, been doing everything I can think of to get a job, but it's all been ending in a major fail. lol

Then move.

I live in the Tampa area and I have seen help wanted signs in the last few months.

By no means is everything rosy over here, but work can be found if you are willing to do it.

As for the menial jobs, don't tell them you are college educated an planning on leaving in a few months. Take the job because it pays cash and leave as soon as you find better.

My wife did that last year. She had four jobs through 2009, which means she got hired four different times, before she found one that was suitable, but each time she moved up a bit into a job she liked a little better, and that payed a bit more.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#265New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:42:10
@drman321 Said

Then move.

I live in the Tampa area and I have seen help wanted signs in the last few months.

By no means is everything rosy over here, but work can be found if you are willing to do it.

As for the menial jobs, don't tell them you are college educated an planning on leaving in a few months. Take the job because it pays cash and leave as soon as you find better.

My wife did that last year. She had four jobs through 2009, which means she got hired four different times, before she found one that was suitable, but each time she moved up a bit into a job she liked a little better, and that payed a bit more.

I have nothing to move on. I've had that idea for a while, but with $200 it's kinda impossible to move. If I did it would be to South Dakota or something like that. lol

But I've been thinking about cutting out the education on jobs that don't require it. The only thing I worry about with that is if they find out I have it, would they fire me? Don't want that on my work history.

Deleted

#266New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:43:36
@raditz Said

Should I quit wearing this shirt to interviews? lol

Yes.. and I went looking for an appropriate come back t-shirt for you, but couldn't find any that wouldn't get me banned.. and I've got to go to work now myself..
I'll see what I can dig up tonight when I'm at lunch.

, Florida
#267New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:44:09
@raditz Said

I have nothing to move on. I've had that idea for a while, but with $200 it's kinda impossible to move. If I did it would be to South Dakota or something like that. lol

But I've been thinking about cutting out the education on jobs that don't require it. The only thing I worry about with that is if they find out I have it, would they fire me? Don't want that on my work history.

Would you seriously put a stint flipping burgers at Micky D's on a resume?

If so I understand why you don't have a job.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#268New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:44:41
@boxerdc Said

Yes.. and I went looking for an appropriate come back t-shirt for you, but couldn't find any that wouldn't get me banned.. and I've got to go to work now myself..
I'll see what I can dig up tonight when I'm at lunch.

My shirt is a little different, it's black with white text, but the text is the same. lol
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#269New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:45:54
@drman321 Said

Would you seriously put a stint flipping burgers at Micky D's on a resume?

If so I understand why you don't have a job.

No, I'm just saying any job. I had some odd jobs while going to school, mostly as a cashier or something like that, I put them all on my resume. Could that be the issue?

, Florida
#270New Post! May 06, 2010 @ 00:47:05
@raditz Said

@raditz Said

No, I'm just saying any job. I had some odd jobs while going to school, mostly as a cashier or something like that, I put them all on my resume. Could that be the issue?

My resume only has enough jobs on there to make it look like a continuous working history. And only the good jobs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs