Sports

Football Predictions

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 09:25:59
A thread for members to make predictions for football of whatever sort you follow, be it Association, Rugby, American, Aussie Rules or whatever.

Serious predictions, frivolous, humorous or even who you would put a bet on in any game.

Let's get the ball rolling.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 09:27:01
JEN'S PREDICTIONS FOR THE FORTHCOMING FOOTBALL SEASON, UP TO CHRISTMAS

August

The Premier League finally bows to pressure from clubs and introduces a winter break. “Keeping players fresh during the season will give England the best possible chance of reaching the World Cup Round of 16 in 2018,” says an FA Spokesman. Manchester United immediately announce that they will be taking a restful two week break in the Middle East in January, punctuated only by lucrative fixtures against Qatar, Kuwait, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates and a Saudi Oil Tycoon XI. “It’s important to keep players match fit” says Jose Maurinho.

West Brom are struggling to find a replacement for Tony Pulis after his shock decision to accept the manager’s job offered to him at Barcelona. Claud Puel is initially appointed to the vacant Baggies hot seat, but then resigns after his first training session. “I cannot work with these people,” he complains. “They have no idea what a short pass to feet is.”

September

History is made at Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace and Burnley play out the first Premier League game in which every minute of the match is marked by commemorative applause. The latest memorial is to Goldilocks, Berg Gudmundsson’s recently deceased pet budgie, who died at the age of just 89 days. Both sets of fans impeccably observe a minute’s applause during the 89th minute but Sean Dyche angrily condemns a minority of Palace “idiots” who ruin the tribute by “disrespectfully” cheering their team’s last minute winning goal. “Disgraceful,” he storms. “It makes you wonder where our society is going,”

Meanwhile at Camp Nou, Tony Pulis adds “Some much needed defensive strength” to his team just as the transfer deadline expires. Jonny Evans, Craig Dawson, Ryan Shawcross and Geoff Cameron blaze a trail to Catalonia and are welcomed by wildly cheering Barca supporters, while the only other signing at this time, James McLean, fails to win the fans over by joining ETA and turning his back on the Catalan national anthem.

October

Jose Mourinho says he is no longer interested in playing mind games. “I am sick of sending messages through the media,” he says. “I had enough of that at Chelsea which is a club where I am still adored and where I hope to return one day. It is no secret that I dream of being the Special One again. Maybe it will happen this season. Maybe not. Who knows.”

England are 1-0 up against Lithuania in Vilnius when a shot from Valskis hits the bar and bounces down over the goal line. The referee initially waves play on, but the new technology alerts him to the fact that a goal has been scored. England go on to lose and the backlash from the tabloid press is savage. “Our brave boys have been cheated out of Russia 2018 by anti-Brexit forces” screams a Daily Mail editorial. “Nobody in this country voted for goal-line technology. When will the Eurocrats learn to stop meddling with our game? Brexit means Brexit.” Gareth Southgate is sacked as manager, only to be swiftly reinstated when Steve McClaren and Sam Allardyce emerge as the only people who want the job.

November

Celtic wrap up the Scottish Premier League title with six months of the season to go. Manager Brendan Rodgers denies that the Scottish Premier League is uncompetitive. “There are no easy games in Scottish football,” he said after his side’s 14-0 win over Partick Thistle.

Peter Crouch announces his retirement from football. “I had intended to do it at the end of the season,” he says. “But I’ve got so much on in my life, with my ballroom dancing and businesses. I thought I might get a call from Tony in Spain. Perhaps he’s busy right now. I’ll probably do punditry on BT Sport instead and have a soft job talking bollocks just like Michael Owen and Ian Wright.“

December

As Barcelona saunter towards Spanish title and Champions League victory, Tony Pulis is feted as one of the best managers in Europe. Some critics had speculated whether he could reproduce his unique “kick-et-rush” style on a balmy Sunday night at Camp Nou, but Pulis has proven them wrong. He’s offered a four year extension on his contract after promising “I’m determined to get this club playing my way,” as he announces that Nacer Chadli and Craig Dawson will be joining during the January transfer window. “My methods are starting to bear some fruit though,” he went on. “Iniesta’s long-throw technique is improving all the time and Neymar’s working hard at his flick-ons.”
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 19:24:26
I predict REAL AMERICAN Football will be played this year.
I also predict, DA BEARS will win at least 4 games.

Da Bears
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 21:05:12
@Willi Said

I predict REAL AMERICAN Football will be played this year.
I also predict, DA BEARS will win at least 4 games.

Da Bears

4 wins would be a wonderful improvement for the Browns!

Hopefully the fans will be patient and not call for heads of QBs or Coaches after their first 6 losses.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 22:19:22
@mrmhead Said

4 wins would be a wonderful improvement for the Browns!

Hopefully the fans will be patient and not call for heads of QBs or Coaches after their first 6 losses.

we got new QBs and a 1 years old couch.
I think we should hire Brian Urlacher as a D-Couch in some way.
DA BEARS were good cause of his film study with his co-players.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 22:22:50
BHL Film Room: Deshaun Watson vs Mitch Trubisky
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Aug 03, 2017 @ 06:32:04
My predictions are not for this year, as losing our city's team tore that interest out of me. It is for the future of the NFL. I predict in ten years we will start to see a massive decline in the sport's dominant interest due to the CTE issue frightening many potential future stars and parents away from the sport, absent a massive overhaul of game rules.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Aug 03, 2017 @ 23:56:10
@Leon Said

My predictions are not for this year, as losing our city's team tore that interest out of me. It is for the future of the NFL.

I play fantasy football. When we lost the Browns, Fantasy Football kept my interest in the NFL.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs