Is the Earth Flat?
Yes
No
Not sure
View Results
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#1New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 06:42:07
Ok let me start by disarming my traveling trolls by saying I haven't chosen a stance on this. However in a time where things that are commonly accepted as fact have been proven to be lies, I decided to look into this one.

I'll start by stating that aviation travels with guidance from essentially a level. If a transcontinental flight was taking place, periodically the pilot would have to tilt the nose of the plane down to account for the curvature of the Earths surface. Apparently they do not do this. How can that be explained I wonder?

Instead of pouring the rest of my thoughts out now I'll go ahead and open this one up for discussion. Thoughts? Questions?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 07:33:57
there is an instrument on that the pilot of the plane to control the balance. is the pilot's control panel, the instrument that I think a plane's picture , you keep level or the plane in the middle in this dial.

if you were an pilot by looking out into the horizon in the sky, you are too high to see the ocean or land to see the world will stop. if you go to far.

the only way, you can tell if you are an pilot , when you are landing. I don't think if you fly into a wall of clouds to stop you to tell the world is flat.

if you were an pilot , you fly to the far side of the earth in the sky. you might run a wall that stop you go far, and force to turn right or left to go back where you can from. you possible, you can fly up and down continues.

as if you were an pilot, your pilot's instruments would tell you, if you were going fall off the earth. you have fly low enough to see land to see there is a huge drop of land just fall off. you have see a hug cliff of land that drop off into nothing, to know the earth is flat.

if you were an pilot above the horizon over clouds, you couldn't tell if the earth is flat.
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#3New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 14:57:25
@twilitezone911 Said

there is an instrument on that the pilot of the plane to control the balance. is the pilot's control panel, the instrument that I think a plane's picture , you keep level or the plane in the middle in this dial.

if you were an pilot by looking out into the horizon in the sky, you are too high to see the ocean or land to see the world will stop. if you go to far. The flights Ive taken I have been able to see the ocean. Have you ever flown next to a window?

the only way, you can tell if you are an pilot , when you are landing. I don't think if you fly into a wall of clouds to stop you to tell the world is flat.

if you were an pilot , you fly to the far side of the earth in the sky. you might run a wall that stop you go far, and force to turn right or left to go back where you can from. you possible, you can fly up and down continues. Antarctica is restricted airspace. The map of flat earth shows Antarctica as a border rather than a continent to the south. Upon approach it is likely that a plan would be shot down. There is actually a treaty among the countries of the UN about that.

as if you were an pilot, your pilot's instruments would tell you, if you were going fall off the earth. you have fly low enough to see land to see there is a huge drop of land just fall off. you have see a hug cliff of land that drop off into nothing, to know the earth is flat.

if you were an pilot above the horizon over clouds, you couldn't tell if the earth is flat. Images above the atmosphere appear to show the horizon completely flat 360* around. You would think there would be a curve visible. Have you seen any of those images?

Interesting perspective tho. Thanks for discussing man
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 15:14:37
Clearly the earth is a big flat disk sitting on top of four elephants that are standing on top of a giant turtle.

That is why the planets zig-zag across the sky, when observed over long periods of time.

The sun this illusion of a giant sphere that god has put behind this big giant dome that covers the earth, and which blocks one from flying to high...which proves that travel to the moon is completely impossible.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 15:19:43
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Interesting perspective tho. Thanks for discussing man

welcome!

if you can picture the plane in your mind, then you can image the horizon of, how the plane by the pilot's view.

of course, the last scene of " gods must crazy ", when the man throw the coke bottle of the cliff, he thought that the far side of the world.

that how I analysis it, and came up with my hypothesis.
Stalker

#6New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 17:24:49
NASA got a picture of it...

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 17:32:19
This explains a lot.
Stalker

#8New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 18:18:27
Trump ~ “I fly a lot, and I mean a lot. No one flies more than me. Listen, I own a jet. I own a 757, beautiful plane, it’s the best plane! If the world were round, believe me, I would know!”
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#9New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 18:26:38
@DiscordTiger Said

This explains a lot.

It really does doesn't it.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 18:27:35
@chaski Said

Cosmic. Totally. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i49/5/1/4/tfs_309ba6204b03.gif">
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 19:56:14
@chaski Said

Clearly the earth is a big flat disk sitting on top of four elephants that are standing on top of a giant turtle.

That is why the planets zig-zag across the sky, when observed over long periods of time.

The sun this illusion of a giant sphere that god has put behind this big giant dome that covers the earth, and which blocks one from flying to high...which proves that travel to the moon is completely impossible.

Hey dude- leave Turtle out of this!!!!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 20:04:14
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Ok let me start by disarming my traveling trolls by saying I haven't chosen a stance on this. However in a time where things that are commonly accepted as fact have been proven to be lies, I decided to look into this one.

I'll start by stating that aviation travels with guidance from essentially a level. If a transcontinental flight was taking place, periodically the pilot would have to tilt the nose of the plane down to account for the curvature of the Earths surface. Apparently they do not do this. How can that be explained I wonder?

Instead of pouring the rest of my thoughts out now I'll go ahead and open this one up for discussion. Thoughts? Questions?

Does your car have cruise? Speed like altitude is based on a constant. 70 mph can be maintained either by foot or by cruise even though you are traveling up & down. Altitude is based on sea level. By pilot or autopilot it is adjusting with curvature of the earth. Look- if we'z flat any pilot would know it.
Stalker

#13New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 21:07:34
@SgtPowerPickle Said

If a transcontinental flight was taking place, periodically the pilot would have to tilt the nose of the plane down to account for the curvature of the Earths surface.

Ok.

On a serious note.

If the pilot of a plane that is flying a transcontinental flight was to use the planes instruments to maintain a particular altitude (let's say 30,000 feet) the pilot would never have to tilt the nose of the plane down....until it was time to land.

This would actually be the case regardless of how far (or short) the distance was.

30,000 feet above sea level is 30, 000 feet above sea level....regardless of whether or not the earth is round or flat.

There is plenty of evidence that the Earth is "round", but the fly path of a plane is neither evidence for nor against the shape of the earth.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#14New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 21:37:08
@chaski Said

Nice try chaski, but you can't fool me. I know that picture's a fake! I only count 3 elephants.

Besides, everyone knows the Earth's a cube.

Stalker

#15New Post! Mar 04, 2017 @ 22:41:13
@chaski Said

...the fly path of a plane is neither evidence for nor against the shape of the earth.

Actually, I must confess, that isn't fully accurate.

The flight path of long distance transcontinental flights, is evidence that the earth is not flat.

This can be seen when plotting a direct flight from say Tokyo to New York City. If the earth were flat, a "straight" line would be used...thus the flight would follow (roughly) the 35º parallel in a "direct" line. As the shortest most direct path it would be the logical and most economical and fuel saving way.

However, since the earth is 'round" the shortest most direct, logical, most economical, fuel saving path actually crosses from (roughly) the 35º parallel north of the 55º parallel.

Geometry.

The only "flat earth" argument against this would be something like the earth isn't flat and isn't round, but rather "domed"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...14 15 16 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs