Faith Vs. Religion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
AzUnDeR On January 04, 2018

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#31New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:24:10
Faith is proof that God exists, even supernatural evidence. According to science, which Christians created. Having faith in the Lord is believing in him because of proof and staying that way your whole life. God made it the simplest algorithm ever that He exists, but not everybody can pick this up so easily for some reason. It's not a blind thing.
Sodom & Gomorrah is one physical proof of an ensample that the Lord made for present and future 'believers'. God knows that many people would be blind to faith, even though faith is not blind.

Religion is a made up thing; like false Christians who call themselves Christians without even knowing why. Jesus says that salavation comes from the Jews, and Paul and Barnabas were called the first Christians. That's not religion, that's a name given to us who believe by my Father.
Also, traditions of men and all other religions are made up or stolen from the Bible. Religion is a guessing game of zealously epic proportion.
chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:44:06
@AzUnDeR Said

Faith is proof that God exists, even supernatural evidence.

I'm sorry, but faith is not proof.

Faith may or may not be founded in evidence, but it does not actually constitute either proof or evidence.

By definition, faith is complete trust or confidence or strong belief in something...but is not actual proof.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#33New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:54:34
Actually it is, because with proof there is faith that God exists.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#34New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 21:55:30
You even contradicted yourself on that one. 😃
Stalker

#35New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:02:46
@AzUnDeR Said

You even contradicted yourself on that one. 😃

No I didn't.

Faith is not proof. Faith is not evidence.

There may of may not be evidence which supports someone's faith, but that does not change the fact that, by definition, faith is not proof and faith is not evidence.

Dictionaries are fun.

You can learns lots of stuff about words by looking at a dictionary... primarily you can learn the actual meaning of a word by looking at a dictionary.

Dictionaries are fun....and informative.

Please note that I am not challenging your faith, only your misunderstanding of what the word faith means.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#36New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:39:13
You contradicted yourself though, yet again. 😂

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#37New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:41:39
Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#38New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:42:04
See, you can't have faith without evidence.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#39New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:43:57
That means that there is physical things that point to having faith. It's when somebody is convinced and then they believe.
Stalker

#40New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:49:02
@AzUnDeR Said

Yes. Absolutely. You can have "faith" without evidence...exactly my point. Faith is not evidence.

@AzUnDeR Said

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Yes. It is a nice biblical quote. However, faith cannot be "evidence".

Let me give you an example:

Let's say that "faith" is evidence. Now you have "faith" in your god. I have "faith" in my god. which is different than your god. And another person has "faith" that there is not god at all.

We all three have "faith".

And "faith" being proof and evidence, we all three have proof and evidence that we are correct...but we have three different beliefs: Your god, my god and no god.

But this makes not sense... we cannot each have proof that we are correct when or opinions are opposed to each other.

Therefore: Faith is not, by definition, proof and not evidence.

Again. please keep in mind that I am not challenging your religious beliefs. I am only pointing out that your definition of faith isn't correct.
Stalker

#41New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 22:49:32
@AzUnDeR Said

Not true.

And even if it was true, the "evidence" could be faulty.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#42New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:15:15
@AzUnDeR Said

Faith is proof that God exists, even supernatural evidence. According to science, which Christians created. Having faith in the Lord is believing in him because of proof and staying that way your whole life. God made it the simplest algorithm ever that He exists, but not everybody can pick this up so easily for some reason. It's not a blind thing.
Sodom & Gomorrah is one physical proof of an ensample that the Lord made for present and future 'believers'. God knows that many people would be blind to faith, even though faith is not blind.

Religion is a made up thing; like false Christians who call themselves Christians without even knowing why. Jesus says that salavation comes from the Jews, and Paul and Barnabas were called the first Christians. That's not religion, that's a name given to us who believe by my Father.
Also, traditions of men and all other religions are made up or stolen from the Bible. Religion is a guessing game of zealously epic proportion.

You got that backwards. EVERYTHING in the bible is made up or stolen from other religions or cultural philosophies. EVERYTHING. There is not one thing in the bible that did not come from another that pre-dates it.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#43New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:16:44
@AzUnDeR Said

Which means "ain't got no proof, so we don't have to try to prove it"
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#44New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:17:31
@AzUnDeR Said

Double negative.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#45New Post! Mar 16, 2017 @ 23:18:25
@AzUnDeR Said

That means that there is physical things that point to having faith. It's when somebody is convinced and then they believe.

Just like the Church of the Giant Spaghetti Mopnster you mean?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs