Earhart...captured by Japanese?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 12:31:43
https://www.yahoo.com/news/film-claims-solve-mystery-amelia-earharts-fate-203012351.html

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — The photo is haunting. Among a number of figures gathered on a dock, the fuzzy image seems to be that of a woman, her back to the camera, gazing at what may be her crippled aircraft loaded on a barge, and perhaps wondering what her future might hold....

The film also argues that after the pair crash-landed in the Japanese-held Marshall Islands, they were picked up by the Japanese military and that Earhart, perhaps presumed to be a U.S. spy, was held prisoner.

The photo has apparently been subjected to a rigorous facial recognition program and it was determined that two of the figures were "likely" Earhat and Noonan.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 14:08:58
I saw this yesterday. As exciting as it was to find this out, it also put a dent in my trust in our government, who knew about this if true. Speculation was this was a coverup because she was indeed used as a spy.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 14:12:04
@Leon Said

I saw this yesterday. As exciting as it was to find this out, it also put a dent in my trust in our government, who knew about this if true. Speculation was this was a coverup because she was indeed used as a spy.

Sad but true, if true.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 14:32:49
I have my doubts.

It's an advert for a History Channel show

Were there "tensions" between the US and Japanese at that time? It was before WWII - I don't know my international history that well.

I assume the Marshall Islands had radar coverage.
Wouldn't Noonan and Earhart have informed various gov'ts BEFORE take-off of their intended route - so the Japanese would be aware / on the lookout for aircraft?

The gov't is blamed for many speculative cover-ups and mis-deeds. Not denying that they could, but they're not behind every suspicious event.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 15:22:12
@mrmhead Said

I have my doubts.

Were there "tensions" between the US and Japanese at that time? It was before WWII - I don't know my international history that well.

Wouldn't Noonan and Earhart have informed various gov'ts BEFORE take-off of their intended route - so the Japanese would be aware / on the lookout for aircraft?

The gov't is blamed for many speculative cover-ups and mis-deeds. Not denying that they could, but they're not behind every suspicious event.

Jeez you probly don't believe in the tooth fairy either.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 15:41:23
I think it is a BS History Channel show.

From the link: Facial recognition expert Kent Gibson, who compared known images of Noonan and Earhart with the individuals photographed on the dock, believes it’s “likely” they are the two lost aviators.

“There’s nothing that points me in another direction,” says Gibson, who adds that the figure believed to be Earhart has the “same prominent, athletic shoulders as Amelia” and the same “short, bobbed hair.”

So the "facial recognition expert" sees a blurry photo of someone's back and identifies it as Earhart.

I have literally spent my entire adult life having people tell me that I "look exactly like this guy I know"... having people tap me on the back and when I turn saying "oh I'm sorry, I though you were my buddy....."

"same prominent, athletic shoulders"

Hmmm....Marianne Breslauer had those "same prominent, athletic shoulders" (if you don't agree, put the two pictures across the room set to an equal size ratio and blurriness and say they aren't close) and hair style

As to the guy, the shadows cover his face, there isn't enough face for the facial expert to look at.

Finally, if they are in Japanese military or navy custody, why isn't there a single soldier or sailor in the photo?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 15:43:27
@chaski Said

I think it is a BS History Channel show.

From the link: Facial recognition expert Kent Gibson, who compared known images of Noonan and Earhart with the individuals photographed on the dock, believes it’s “likely” they are the two lost aviators.

“There’s nothing that points me in another direction,” says Gibson, who adds that the figure believed to be Earhart has the “same prominent, athletic shoulders as Amelia” and the same “short, bobbed hair.”

So the "facial recognition expert" sees a blurry photo of someone's back and identifies it as Earhart.

I have literally spent my entire adult life having people tell me that I "look exactly like this guy I know"... having people tap me on the back and when I turn saying "oh I'm sorry, I though you were my buddy....."

"same prominent, athletic shoulders"

Hmmm....Marianne Breslauer had those "same prominent, athletic shoulders" and hair style

As to the guy, the shadows cover his face, there isn't enough face for the facial expert to look at.

Finally, if they are in Japanese military or navy custody, why isn't there a single soldier or sailor in the photo?

What I'm getting from your post is that Marianne Breslauer was a knockout.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 15:47:59
@mrmhead Said

I have my doubts.

Japanese aggression began in the 1930s, similar to Nazi aggression prior to our involvement, but earlier. The US led the international rebuke, which included sanctions. So yes, there was tension, and was likely one of the causes of Pearl Harbor 4 years after Amelia's disappearance.

And if this flight was indeed a guise for a spy mission, I would think that the less information the Japanese knew about the flight's specifics, other than the surface story of an aviation feat, the better. Remember, this was before the use of spy planes, so it isn't too far fetched to believe the US would use what they could at the time, especially when it involved flying over the Pacific.

I'm not one to usually believe in conspiracy theories, but pictures usually don't lie, and the ones that do usually don't pass rigorous expert examination, which this one apparently has.

Sure, we don't know for sure, but it isn't too far fetched to understand why it could be true if it is.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 15:48:49
@Eaglebauer Said

What I'm getting from your post is that Marianne Breslauer was a knockout.

Actually I think she was a spy arrested by the Japanese.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:03:09
@chaski Said

I was also wondering the "purpose" of the photo - what was the subject? why was it taken?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:05:04
@mrmhead Said

I was also wondering the "purpose" of the photo - what was the subject? why was it taken?

It was for scrapbooking! Shut up!!!
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#12New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:12:50
@mrmhead Said

Personally I am not aware of any evidence that reasonably suggests that AE was working as a spy.

As for the question "Were there "tensions" between the US and Japanese at that time?" The short answer is "yes there were" though tensions increased significantly just after AE's disappearance with the Marco Polo Bridge clash btw Chinese and Japanese forces that signalled all out war btw the two nations. Relationships btw the US and japan were further strained after the Japanese bombed the U.S.S. Panay.

As for the Marshall Islands and radar coverage, the US did not employ Radar until 1940. Radar itself was 'invented' by the British who were the first to use it for practical purposes. Radar was first effectively demonstrated at Daventry in February 1935.

Note : in 1940 Churchill ordered that UK secrets be shared with the US, this included the newly developed resonant-cavity magnetron RDF that was some 100 times more powerful than anything the US had at that time.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:16:44
@shadowen Said

Personally I am not aware of any evidence that reasonably suggests that AE was working as a spy.

As for the question "Were there "tensions" between the US and Japanese at that time?" The short answer is "yes there were" though tensions increased significantly just after AE's disappearance with the Marco Polo Bridge clash btw Chinese and Japanese forces that signalled all out war btw the two nations. Relationships btw the US and japan were further strained after the Japanese bombed the U.S.S. Panay.

As for the Marshall Islands and radar coverage, the US did not employ Radar until 1940. Radar itself was 'invented' by the British who were the first to use it for practical purposes. Radar was first effectively demonstrated at Daventry in February 1935.

Note : in 1940 Churchill ordered that UK secrets be shared with the US, this included the newly developed resonant-cavity magnetron RDF that was some 100 times more powerful than anything the US had at that time.

SHADOWDEN IS PART OF THE COVERUP! GET HIM, LEON!!!!!

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:17:10
@Eaglebauer Said

It was for scrapbooking! Shut up!!!

You could have used that in the Hobby Lobby thread
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#15New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 16:18:27
@Eaglebauer Said

SHADOWDEN IS PART OF THE COVERUP! GET HIM, LEON!!!!!

We will never tell you what really happened!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs