Forums:
News & Current Events

Cuba

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jun 16, 2017 @ 14:08:57
So now we have our President backtracking on Obama's previous attempts on easing U.S. - Cuba relations. He is citing human rights as the reason for the tougher stance.

Never mind, of course his willingness to strike friendlier deals with Saudi Arabia, China, and possibly Russia, who are all just as bad, if not worse, in human rights.

So, obviously that is not the real reason for the decision to go sour on Cuba. Therefore, we are left to wonder whether it is one of two other possible reasons - a continued vendetta against anything to do with Obama, or - an effort to undermine the competition in his own hotel business empire.

So our 13 year old commander is acting on a grudge or a business self-interest. Or maybe both.

This is why he is one of the worst Presidents in our history.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jun 16, 2017 @ 14:24:05
I thought I saw a blurb somewhere that Russia has forgiven a lot of Cuban debt, and they are/may be proposing a military base there.

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jun 16, 2017 @ 14:33:41
@Leon Said

According to his recent cabinet meeting, he sounded like he was one of the best presidents ever!

All his stooges were laying praise on him (after he asked for it) as if he were riding an a** into Jerusalem.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Jun 16, 2017 @ 15:13:26
@mrmhead Said

I thought I saw a blurb somewhere that Russia has forgiven a lot of Cuban debt, and they are/may be proposing a military base there.

Lol, it's the Cuban Missle Crisis redux.

@mrmhead Said

According to his recent cabinet meeting, he sounded like he was one of the best presidents ever!

All his stooges were laying praise on him (after he asked for it) as if he were riding an a** into Jerusalem.

That certainly was a weird cabinet meeting, to say the least.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 18, 2017 @ 05:56:10
@Leon Said

And here's the good bit.... You've got another three and a half years of him. And possibly another four more after that (you can't rule anything out with this bloke).

Provided, that is, he doesn't get impeached, imprisoned or assassinated between now and then.

Democracy, eh? Who'd have it..?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 18, 2017 @ 06:17:57
@mrmhead Said

That was cringeworthy. You must have wanted to curl up in a ball with your head in your hands to know that that was being transmitted around the world.

He's living in a fantasy world, surrounding himself with sycophants. I don't know about riding an a** into Jerusalem, but I think Hans Christian Anderson was one pretty smart storyteller. He got it dead right.

Donald Trump has damaged the image of the Presidency. It's becoming almost as big a laughing stock as the British government is in Europe (almost, but not quite). This is tragic because the world needs to be able to look up at the President of the USA. Right now, that office is in a terribly parlous state.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Jun 18, 2017 @ 11:52:05
@Jennifer1984 Said

That was cringeworthy. You must have wanted to curl up in a ball with your head in your hands to know that that was being transmitted around the world.

He's living in a fantasy world, surrounding himself with sycophants. I don't know about riding an a** into Jerusalem, but I think Hans Christian Anderson was one pretty smart storyteller. He got it dead right.

Donald Trump has damaged the image of the Presidency. It's becoming almost as big a laughing stock as the British government is in Europe (almost, but not quite). This is tragic because the world needs to be able to look up at the President of the USA. Right now, that office is in a terribly parlous state.

Yes, the Emperor's New Clothes is another good analogy.

And if you don't see, or like his new clothes You're Fired

Though to be honest, there are some pushing back.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jun 18, 2017 @ 14:58:18
@Jennifer1984 Said

And here's the good bit.... You've got another three and a half years of him. And possibly another four more after that (you can't rule anything out with this bloke).

Provided, that is, he doesn't get impeached, imprisoned or assassinated between now and then.

Democracy, eh? Who'd have it..?

4 years at the most. 8 simply won't happen with his current downward spiral. And really, Trump likely has only two years to get anything done before the backlash gets to him in 2018 and congress turns on him.

Not that he and his GOP constituents are getting anything done now, as they haven't. 0 pieces of legislation have reached his desk in his 5 months of presidency so far.

Best we can hope for I suppose. And the silver lining is we may be ready for real better change by 2020 as a result, better than even what Hillary would have brought.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jun 18, 2017 @ 15:03:36
@Jennifer1984 Said

The majority of Americans agree with you, and this was even true at the election (he lost the popular count), but even more so now. Our 13 year old embarrassment is unable to reach 40% approval ratings in polls, unprecedented for someone this early in his presidency.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs