Corn Syrup, a horrible thing in our diets

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:53:08
Earlier this year I discovered that I suffered from anxiety attacks. When I was discussing what I was experiencing with a friend, she explained that is what she experienced as well and that is what the doctor diagnosed her with.

I discussed this with my brother who told me he suffers from them on a regular basis as well and a big part of it is diet, in particular corn syrup was the culpret. Apparently your body cannot process it like it does other sugars and is the blame to an increase in diabetes in the general population. I decided to eliminate it from my diet all together. It's terrible seeing the vast majority of what we eat contains it because it's a cheap sweetener which translates to the manufacturers being able to cut costs in this area.

After a few days of not having it within my diet, the anxiety attacks ceased. Obviously now I'm recommending everybody to avoid it, be it's rather hard to do.
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:54:18
I know corn syrup is in everything.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:54:45
Never heard of that connection, interesting.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:57:15
I never heard this before.

Where did your brother learn of this from?
LadyBlue On November 12, 2008

Deleted

Memphis,
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:57:52
Is this High Fructose corn syrup, or just corn syrup?
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#6New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 02:59:52
I have had and sometimes still do have Anxiety/Panic attacks and studied it well. Never did I come across the Corn Syrup causing these attacks.. Is this a new correlation they have made???
reddrd On February 14, 2009

lost in, Federated States of M
#7New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:00:57
Its sad how our foods are be monopolized by all of these ingredients that seem to be bad and yet we can't escape them because they are in everything that we consume. I used to work in an organic food store and felt bad for those who wanted healthy food but could only afford a little because of the high prices for food that our grandparents had for free.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:01:56
The body processes HFCS just fine.
lindasue1718 On January 13, 2010

San Antonio, Texas
#9New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:07:43
I cant find any valid information on this topic either.

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#10New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:08:50
It had to do with how differently it works when it comes to generating insulin, that your body works fine with regular sugars, but corn syrup of any kind messes with the process. When I talk to him again I'll ask him about which medical authority has learned of this.

I still eat foods with regular sugar in them, but I gotta mention, I do feel better regardless and when ever I cheated I would feel the results of it the next day.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#11New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:10:00
@BrianM Said

Earlier this year I discovered that I suffered from anxiety attacks. When I was discussing what I was experiencing with a friend, she explained that is what she experienced as well and that is what the doctor diagnosed her with.

I discussed this with my brother who told me he suffers from them on a regular basis as well and a big part of it is diet, in particular corn syrup was the culpret. Apparently your body cannot process it like it does other sugars and is the blame to an increase in diabetes in the general population. I decided to eliminate it from my diet all together. It's terrible seeing the vast majority of what we eat contains it because it's a cheap sweetener which translates to the manufacturers being able to cut costs in this area.

After a few days of not having it within my diet, the anxiety attacks ceased. Obviously now I'm recommending everybody to avoid it, be it's rather hard to do.

Don't believe everything your told or read without some solid evidence and even then in a few years it will probably be refuted...
LadyBlue On November 12, 2008

Deleted

Memphis,
#12New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:12:53
@BrianM Said

So you feel better after elliminating it? I know sugar can actually make people feel bad too and that is natural enough. I hope learning this will improve your life a lot.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:14:05
@BrianM Said

It had to do with how differently it works when it comes to generating insulin, that your body works fine with regular sugars, but corn syrup of any kind messes with the process. When I talk to him again I'll ask him about which medical authority has learned of this.

I still eat foods with regular sugar in them, but I gotta mention, I do feel better regardless and when ever I cheated I would feel the results of it the next day.

Sounds like unverified health nut crazy talk.

HFCS is not exactly good for you, but it's not awful either. The problem with it is that it's in everything and people tend to consume hundreds of grams of it every day. This massive intake of pure, refined sugar really messes with the glycemic cycle and can over time contribute heavily to obesity and diabetes.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#14New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:16:48
@BrianM Said

Hey! If you are finding that it works for your anxiety attacks, then it's not harming you right?? Whatever works is my motto, as long as your not harming yourself then go for it!!

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#15New Post! Nov 10, 2008 @ 03:31:55
My father was diagnosed with full blown diabetes earlier this year, I figure I should be pro-active about it, for it tends to follow genetic traits. This was another reason that prompted me to change my diet. I used to drink a lot of sports drinks, and those are full of corn syrup as well. Replacing that with just water has contributed to it as well I'm sure.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs