Champions League final tickets -

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:14:30
Quote:
Football authorities Uefa are under fire over the high cost of Champions League final tickets, which include a £26 booking fee. How can processing a reservation cost so much?

The forthcoming Champions League final at London's Wembley stadium has generated criticism over the fact that its cheapest tickets will cost £150 plus a booking fee of £26.

Michael Brunskill, spokesman for the Football Supporters Federation (FSF), says that being charged "£26 for the privilege of buying a ticket for anything is outrageous".

"For a £26 admin fee many fans would want a gold-plated envelope hand-delivered by Michel Platini himself," he says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12831693

Cheeky buggers.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:21:38
biggest club game in the world, that doesn't sound that bad really.

I'm fairly sure that is only for the neutral seats anyway and the ones going to the fans of the two actual clubs are about half that price.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:27:26
£26 booking fee isn't that bad?

Glastonbury's booking fee is only a tenner.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:29:52
@SparklyKatie Said

£26 booking fee isn't that bad?

Glastonbury's booking fee is only a tenner.

I meant the ticket price as a whole. They can charge what they want for a booking fee imo.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:33:13
My Eric Clapton ticket cost £113 face value with a rather large booking fee slapped on it as well. While it is rather a lot to pay for a ticket, and the booking fee is rather ludicrous, if you like something enough, it'll be worth it. I know Clapton was worth every penny.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#6New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:48:04
Sounds reasonable to me for a footy match

Haven't bought tickets for anything in donkeys but it used to be 10% booking fee standard.
kebab_boy On April 05, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 21:01:43
Oooh bloody rip off! They shouldn't have given the booking fee as a separate amount because that just makes it seem worse somehow. Definitely won't be going best I'm gunna get is Fullham Blackpool lol though I am actually quite looking forward to that.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#8New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 21:08:07
Seriously I would rather pay £5 and head down to Alloa vs Stirling Albion, stand (because they still have terracing) and be close enough to the players that they can hear me shouting at them when they miss an easy pass than go sit ages away from the pitch where there is hardly any atmosphere and is on tv anyway.
Jacquesmetat On August 01, 2012

Out on the 'oggin, United King
#9New Post! Mar 30, 2011 @ 14:22:58
@x_Laura_x Said

My Eric Clapton ticket cost £113 face value with a rather large booking fee slapped on it as well. While it is rather a lot to pay for a ticket, and the booking fee is rather ludicrous, if you like something enough, it'll be worth it. I know Clapton was worth every penny.

I saw Eric Clapton at Blackbushe Airfield in 1978 for six quid. on the same bill were Bob Dylan, Joan Armatrading, Graham parker and the rumour. And back then clapton could still play a guitar without sounding like a wussy, even so he was only third on the bill behind Joan Armatrading and Bob Dylan!! £130 to see a fading, knackered old clapton who isnt a tenth as good as he used to be? You were ripped off.

https://www.ukrockfestivals.com/blackbushe.html

Not as good as the isle of wight gigs in '69 and '70 though. Watched the 1970 gig for free by standing on the hill outside the fence. had a great view of the whole thing and it didnt cost a penny. After that I rode home on my bike and got a clump from me mum for being out late. It was worth it. happy days.

#10New Post! Mar 30, 2011 @ 14:30:31
@jmo Said

biggest club game in the world, that doesn't sound that bad really.

I'm fairly sure that is only for the neutral seats anyway and the ones going to the fans of the two actual clubs are about half that price.

The article specifies that the cheapest seats are £150. i ask myself if i would have paid that to watch portsmouth in the FA cup final and the answer is yes, but only because I could afford it. So i can see why a manyoo or a chelski fan would stump up. Spurs fans would pay twice that to see their team in a european cup final. No Im not going to call it the f***ing champions league. Its the European cup. Always was always will be.

organisers arent daft. they know they are overpricing but there will be enough hard core supporters with silly money burning a hole in their pockets and they will pay just to get the i was there tee shirt. as long as football supporters dream of big trophies, they will fill wembley no matter how much they charge.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 30, 2011 @ 16:16:45
@Jacquesmetat Said

I saw Eric Clapton at Blackbushe Airfield in 1978 for six quid. on the same bill were Bob Dylan, Joan Armatrading, Graham parker and the rumour. And back then clapton could still play a guitar without sounding like a wussy, even so he was only third on the bill behind Joan Armatrading and Bob Dylan!! £130 to see a fading, knackered old clapton who isnt a tenth as good as he used to be? You were ripped off.

Clapton was great when I saw him So was Bob Dylan.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#12New Post! Mar 30, 2011 @ 16:35:00
@Jacquesmetat Said

The article specifies that the cheapest seats are £150. i ask myself if i would have paid that to watch portsmouth in the FA cup final and the answer is yes, but only because I could afford it. So i can see why a manyoo or a chelski fan would stump up. Spurs fans would pay twice that to see their team in a european cup final. No Im not going to call it the f***ing champions league. Its the European cup. Always was always will be.

organisers arent daft. they know they are overpricing but there will be enough hard core supporters with silly money burning a hole in their pockets and they will pay just to get the i was there tee shirt. as long as football supporters dream of big trophies, they will fill wembley no matter how much they charge.

Wrong, it's the Champions League.

#13New Post! Mar 31, 2011 @ 15:12:40
@jmo Said

Wrong, it's the Champions League.

Call it what you like mate. for me its the european cup. End of dit.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs