Conditions & Diseases

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
CSIYorkshire On December 11, 2009

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:13:25
Has anyone had the op to have this cured and found that its come back? I'm just wondering because in the last year and a bit I've under gone CTS surgery on my right hand and Ulnar nerve release on my right elbow and I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that Im getting pins and needles in my hand again, which was one of the big symptoms I had prior to the operations.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#2New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:22:14
I have carpal tunnel syndrome and it has actually been getting a bit better. And I think it's because I no longer play guitar.
I also find if I spend the day typing, or carrying my heavy binder, ect. it really starts hurting.

But now it's not a daily chronic pain (thank God), it goes away when I'm not over using my hands and wrist.

#3New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:28:12
See thats a problem right there I'm a medical typist for a living!! I do have regular breaks and try to do little exercises to strengthen my hand, but the pins and needles really drive me mad!!
missygnome On October 05, 2010

lancashire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:30:30
@CSIYorkshire Said

Has anyone had the op to have this cured and found that its come back? I'm just wondering because in the last year and a bit I've under gone CTS surgery on my right hand and Ulnar nerve release on my right elbow and I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that Im getting pins and needles in my hand again, which was one of the big symptoms I had prior to the operations.

csi
i do symathise with you - Big time
i had 2 ops - 1 on each hand over 20 yrs ago, and ive been fine ever since - fingers crossed
the pins & needles is an early sign, and i would visit my doctor a.s.a.p cos for me, the pain, very, very, head banging in the wall pain followed soon after
hope to hear more from you as to how things devolop, drop me a message if wish
best wishes for a speedy pain free recovery

#5New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:33:58
I had pins and needles in the whole of my hand, apparently certain fingers is caused by carpal tunnel and others are by a trapped ulnar nerve. As I had in the whole of my hand they did the carpal tunnel op first in the hopes it would cure it but it didn't, plus my lower arm sometimes felt like it was made of stone it just felt so heavy and painful to the bone it seemed so they did my ulnar nerve in April this year.

When I had the nerve conduction studies done they asked me what I did for a living and were quite surprised that I had no problems with my left hand as typists are notorious for having problems in both hands.

#6New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:35:30
@missygnome Said

csi
i do symathise with you - Big time
i had 2 ops - 1 on each hand over 20 yrs ago, and ive been fine ever since - fingers crossed
the pins & needles is an early sign, and i would visit my doctor a.s.a.p cos for me, the pain, very, very, head banging in the wall pain followed soon after
hope to hear more from you as to how things devolop, drop me a message if wish
best wishes for a speedy pain free recovery

Thank you Missy

#7New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 11:50:34
Oh and another point is I never had any follow up with the consultant after either surgery, yet I had a cyst removed from my cheek a couple of months ago and had follow up with that consultant?! I've just tried calling my orthopeadic consultants secretary but she isn't in today
PhoenixNebula On February 25, 2010
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:48:46
@CSIYorkshire Said

G's mum has it, had an operation... and everything was dandy for a few weeks. It didn't last long though. I suffer with tennis elbow, but the doctors mentioned that they think we should look into that too. Oh the joy!

#9New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:51:35
Its a year since I had my wrist done and 7 months since I had my elbow done. So far I don't have the pain in my lower arm just the pins and needles.
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:54:11
Yeah, that is exactly what G's mum has now but with pain. She is contantly wearing a support, but it seems to do f*** all.

#11New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:55:45
Oh the supports are s***, I gave up with mine in the end and went back to wearing tubigrip that seemed to help my arm pain a bit better than those god awful clumpy supports did!!
TFS' village idiot.

Deleted
Banned

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:57:28
Does that do anything for tennis elbow? I've been looking for anything that might help. The only thing I've been doing it quite literally freezing my elbow with frozen peas to ease the pain.. but apparently you shouldn't do that. The doctors are so unhelpful.

#13New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 13:59:23
You can get elbow supports, but they can be quite expensive - if you have pound shops near you they usually have them in there.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#14New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 14:28:04
I had it before, it just went away, albeit, after a year of agony

#15New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 14:43:51
God you lucky thing, wish mine would!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>