Can you do us a favour

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:09:07

when you make a thread, rather than just post a link and a couple of words can you maybe say something about the story or paste one or two paragraphs (not the whole story) about it so we have a rough idea what its about and what your opinion is.

Also if you just post a youtube video can you give some sort of narrative as to what its about? Not everyone can watch youtube and some of us are deaf so if you want feedback it would be helpful to get the gist of it in text too.

I feel this would probably stimulate people to click those links and bother reading or watching it.

Cheers!
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#2New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:12:58

Hear, hear!

Or is it here, here!?

Either way, I agree. Please and thank you.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:15:04

@someone_else_again Said

Hear, hear!

Or is it here, here!?

Either way, I agree. Please and thank you.

I always thought "here here" as in "I agree with you here" but it could be "hear here" as in "I hear you" i have no idea
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:16:19

Oh and another reason is if we are at work or elsewhere some news sites are blocked or take ages to load so it really is worth saying a little more about the story and what you think about it.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:20:12

And there have been a few times something was interesting enough to feature, but since the OP had no words just a link, it was a pain to make it into the featured post,

and frankly if it takes too much effort I get distracted.
Like a squirrel, on coffee.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:21:54
@treebee Said

when you make a thread, rather than just post a link and a couple of words can you maybe say something about the story or paste one or two paragraphs (not the whole story) about it so we have a rough idea what its about and what your opinion is.

Also if you just post a youtube video can you give some sort of narrative as to what its about? Not everyone can watch youtube and some of us are deaf so if you want feedback it would be helpful to get the gist of it in text too.

I feel this would probably stimulate people to click those links and bother reading or watching it.

Cheers!

So, for example, if I was making a news post it might look like....

link [Fake Time Magazine Article.com]

Wow!

According to this Time magazine article under obamacare the IRS can come to your house and see how your living fireman is doing after you shot him in the face.

This kind of s*** pisses me off!

What do you think?

Like that... Right?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#7New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:22:23

@treebee Said

I always thought "here here" as in "I agree with you here" but it could be "hear here" as in "I hear you" i have no idea

In an enthusiastic response to "Hear, ye,... Hear, ye..." the footman cried, "Hear! Hear!.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:22:58

@DiscordTiger Said

And there have been a few times something was interesting enough to feature, but since the OP had no words just a link, it was a pain to make it into the featured post,

and frankly if it takes too much effort I get distracted.
Like a squirrel, on coffee.

Yeah I find that too. Although my post about the connecticut shooting was pretty much just a link but that was done in a massive hurry while news broke.

Also if you put a big f*** off picture in your thread starter we cannot feature it which is a shame because some stories are feature worthy but with the giant picture it would just f*** up home page.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:23:43

@chaski Said

Wow!

According to this Time magazine article under obamacare the IRS can come to your house and see how your living fireman is doing after you shot him in the face.

What do you think?

yeah perfect!

Like that... Right?
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:24:15

@chaski Said

Wow!

What do you think?

Like that... Right?

last post buggered up! but yes, thats perfect.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:24:59

@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

In an enthusiastic response to "Hear, ye,... Hear, ye..." the footman cried, "Hear! Hear!.

is that what it is? Excellent, thanks. I learned stuff today
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:25:21

but i don't know how to do the link thing ... i can't take lines out of posts or highlight them either ... and i usually ignore links because they take too much time to read ...i'm usually interested in members ideas and views rather than a stranger in a link .... i suppose this'll be the end of my thread making now ...oh well , i got away with it for two years ... i suppose (guess usa) i'll have to move onto a new forum site that puts the emphasis on members views rather than irritating lengthy links .
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:27:27

@offbeat Said

but i don't know how to do the link thing ... i can't take lines out of posts or highlight them either ... and i usually ignore links because they take too much time to read ...i'm usually interested in members ideas and views rather than a stranger in a link .... i suppose this'll be the end of my thread making now ...oh well , i got away with it for two years ... i suppose (guess usa) i'll have to move onto a new forum site that puts the emphasis on members views rather than irritating lengthy links .

not at all, you get the wrong end of the stick. What I am referring to is when people post a link or a video and go "look at this"

sometimes people cannot click the link so have absolutely no idea what the topic is about other than the title.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#14New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:33:04

@treebee Said

Yeah I find that too. Although my post about the connecticut shooting was pretty much just a link but that was done in a massive hurry while news broke.

Also if you put a big f*** off picture in your thread starter we cannot feature it which is a shame because some stories are feature worthy but with the giant picture it would just f*** up home page.

Yeah, that was mostly to stop from haveing to merge a lot of "breaking news" threads.

though you would be surprised at how many people don't see the featured post, even though it is right there

Anyway finding something to feature after Friday theme is always hard for me.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 19, 2012 @ 23:33:36

@treebee Said

not at all, you get the wrong end of the stick. What I am referring to is when people post a link or a video and go "look at this"

sometimes people cannot click the link so have absolutely no idea what the topic is about other than the title.

mmm... is that true ...or are you inserting a sneaky exemption in for me because you're my fave mod ? ..... and .... i've been having terrible trouble with threads that have videos on them ...i just can't see them ...i didn't see or hear one track on alkaia's recent music thread ...i've a good mind to ask el supremo for my money back .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs