Forums:
Member Forums

Can Some one help me Understand this ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 23, 2017 @ 14:57:44
Can some one explain to me what a Capitol credits account from a cell phone carrier is ?
My late mother in law had a family plan with a carrier. It's not a national carrier like sprint or at&t , it is a local to this state carrier. Anyway , my brother in law has sent me a sizeable check that he says is my cut of monies from a Capitol credits account from the carrier.
I have no problem with this unexpected money.
What I'm wondering is , is this a one time deal or is this something like a stock in the company type deal ?
My late MIL and hubby have been gone for two years next month and April , my BIL says he was unaware of this money. That is why I'm asking.
LordGnome On February 24, 2017

Dayn Sayth, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 14:03:44
I am sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. my alexander graham bell original bakelite phone is working just fine although I do have trouble getting through to the operator to place a call these days. its as if there is nobody there.
TRASHBIRD On March 20, 2017

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
#3New Post! Feb 25, 2017 @ 19:57:37
Did you call the carrier? What state?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Feb 26, 2017 @ 11:08:50
Sounds like she has ownership stakes in the company. I don't know if it would be a one off from the company being bought or if it is a dividend situation.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Feb 26, 2017 @ 14:29:01
it sound like your late husband brought some stocks. it is questionable. but sound the company went out of the business. the business give the stockholders their dividend stock refunds or their share what the company worth.

I don't a know lot about business.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Feb 28, 2017 @ 00:56:55
@LuckyCharms Said

Sounds like she has ownership stakes in the company. I don't know if it would be a one off from the company being bought or if it is a dividend situation.

It's been a real mess trying to sort out two seperate estates at the same time. My mother in law passed a month before my hubby, and her estate was in turmoil because one of her sons is very demanding and greedy and the other two were willing to follow their mom's instrutions and do what she wished. Then my hubby passed making me his heir ,before much of anything dealing with her estate had been setteled . So, with the greedy brother trying to fight everything added with having to replace hubby's name with my name with the banks and insurence companies , so far there have been three banks and four insurence companies ,a couple of leases on property with oil wells and now this cell phone company involved in setteling her estate.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs