Been awhile since someone posted Police Brutality

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 23:43:55
I think this qualifies although I have not seen the body cams yet.

Not seeing anyone's vids. Need to check if I need an update or something. Anyone else having this problem?

Here is the link:
HERE
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#2New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 23:13:23
Link not loading...
If you speaking about the police officer and that dude who jaywalked the arrest was justified.
This dude( note I didn't say colored dude) took off his hoodie and challenged the officer. It's obvious the police officer feared for his life.
Did the officer fired his weapon ?
Nooooooooooo. The officer subdued and not shoot him as required for self defense.
Arrest made...end of story.
Time to eat at Chick-F-le.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 03:27:46
@PTF Said

Link not loading...
If you speaking about the police officer and that dude who jaywalked the arrest was justified.
This dude( note I didn't say colored dude) took off his hoodie and challenged the officer. It's obvious the police officer feared for his life.
Nooooooooooo. The officer subdued and not shoot him as required for self defense.

Force is to be met with with force. I only saw one side using force. & for a ticket........
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 17:44:00
A couple more just popped up but probably two things are at play:

1) Police are getting the hint that anything they do may be recorded, so incidents are down.

2) It's not shocking anymore so news media isn't picking it up as frequently.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 17:48:04
@mrmhead Said

A couple more just popped up but probably two things are at play:

1) Police are getting the hint that anything they do may be recorded, so incidents are down.

2) It's not shocking anymore so news media isn't picking it up as frequently.

It's also entirely possible that it hasn't been happening as often as people think. I mean there's that. Through history (and not just related to the police) a few bad examples end up standing for the whole in the public eye.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 17:53:34
@PTF Said

Link not loading...

It wasn't about the jaywalker, but I don't think people are upset that he was arrested. So saying the arrest was justified is kind of pointless...

The use of force was not commensurate with the situation and the police department involved publicly agrees.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 17:56:24
@shinobinoz Said

I think this qualifies although I have not seen the body cams yet.

Not seeing anyone's vids. Need to check if I need an update or something. Anyone else having this problem?

Here is the link:
HERE

Why do you think it qualifies? (I can see the video just fine and I assume everyone else can now)
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 20:18:46
@Eaglebauer Said

Why do you think it qualifies? (I can see the video just fine and I assume everyone else can now)

I don't think the force used was commiserate with the actions that were demonstrated.

My vids have not been posting & I"m not seeing what others have posted. Not sure if I need some sort of update or not.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 13:55:58
It's been a while since someone posted about police brutality because the media has moved its focus on to Donald Trump's presidency.

The whole thing was blown way out of proportion to begin with. Out of every 10,000 police officers, we see incidents like this. Yet the media was leading us to believe it happens at every corner, every time an officer tries to deal with someone, teaching all minorities to fear for their lives every day.

While these incidents are despicable and need to be dealt with accordingly, at least the sensationalism that made it much harder for everyone ELSE to effectively do their job is going away.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 18:35:15
@Leon Said

It's been a while since someone posted about police brutality because the media has moved its focus on to Donald Trump's presidency.

The whole thing was blown way out of proportion to begin with. Out of every 10,000 police officers, we see incidents like this. Yet the media was leading us to believe it happens at every corner, every time an officer tries to deal with someone, teaching all minorities to fear for their lives every day.

While these incidents are despicable and need to be dealt with accordingly, at least the sensationalism that made it much harder for everyone ELSE to effectively do their job is going away.

This will make sense to the dominate society but fails miserably the people of color.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 21:54:45
@shinobinoz Said

I don't think the force used was commiserate with the actions that were demonstrated.

My vids have not been posting & I"m not seeing what others have posted. Not sure if I need some sort of update or not.

I see.

Well...can you explain what that opinion is based on?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 22:00:28
@Eaglebauer Said

I see.

Well...can you explain what that opinion is based on?

Continuously punching someone not fighting back nor resisting passes as correct police response these days?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 22:00:44
@shinobinoz Said

This will make sense to the dominate society but fails miserably the people of color.

This reply doesn't really make any sense in reference to what you're replying to. And before you go there, it's not because I'm white that it doesn't. Statistics don't figure out differently based on what race is looking at them. Facts are facts.

Leon is saying that it isn't the norm and the media, until recently, wanted to make it look as though it was. Whether a person is black or white, it doesn't change the fact that it isn't. How does that "fail miserably the people of color?" What are you even talking about? Are you saying that for people of color the norm is that a majority of cops shoot people and the media is dead right? Because that just doesn't hold to the facts at all.

Incidentally, it's also a fact that by a pretty large margin, white people are killed by the police more often than black people.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 22:02:17
@shinobinoz Said

Continuously punching someone not fighting back nor resisting passes as correct police response these days?

No not at all, but none of that was anywhere in the video you posted.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 22:22:39
You are right. My vids didn't post so I thought it was this one.

As far as the other vid. No- you don't bodyslam someones face into the pavement instead of using appropriate force. This was not appropriate force.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs