Audacity of Hope has been replaced with Audacity of Hype

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 05:51:13
Obama attempted to unite white & black, Trump attempts to gaslight us into thinking white is black.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 07:06:01

Didn't read it yet, but the title of the link seems accurate enough to agree.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 07:38:32
TRUMP: “To be honest I inherited a mess. It’s a mess. At home and abroad, a mess.”
THE FACTS: A mess is in the eye of the beholder. But by almost every economic measure, Obama inherited a far worse situation when he became president in 2009 than he left for Trump. He had to deal with the worst downturn since the Depression.
Unemployment was spiking, the stock market crashing, the auto industry failing and millions of Americans risked losing their homes to foreclosure when Obama took the oath of office. None of those statistics is as dire for Trump.
Unemployment is 4.8 percent, compared with a peak of 10 percent during Obama’s first year as president. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was cratering until March 2009, only to rebound roughly 200 percent over the rest of Obama’s term, and those gains have continued under Trump on the promise of tax and regulatory cuts.
When Trump assumed office last month, a greater percentage of the country had health insurance, incomes were rising and the country was adding jobs. same link
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 07:39:56
TRUMP, bragging again about his Electoral College vote total: “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before, so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.”
THE FACTS: Not even close. In the seven previous elections, the winner of five of those contests won a larger Electoral College majority than Trump. They were George H.W. Bush in 1988, Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996; and Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.
When a reporter pointed out that Trump was overstating his winning margin, the president said: “Well, I don’t know, I was given that information.” He then called it “a very substantial victory.”
Trump actually ended up with 304 electoral votes because of the defection of two electors in December, but he had won enough states in November to get to 306.
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#5New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 10:25:06

I cannot disagree more. His actions appeared to inspire division between the races. Under his watch racial tensions were as high as they had been since segregation.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#6New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 11:05:50
@SgtPowerPickle Said

I cannot disagree more. His actions appeared to inspire division between the races. Under his watch racial tensions were as high as they had been since segregation.

And Trump's strategy for 'unification' is to scare people into thinking it's too much of a risk to go against him. Either fall in line or the country collapses... I'm sorry but that's not a call for unity that's an ultimatum for support.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 16:54:39
@SgtPowerPickle Said

White privilege?????

I mean the exact same thing could be said about the civil rights era. "If blacks were not out protesting then the cops would not have to use batons, water canons, & dogs"!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if Obama caused you ANY discomfort.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 16:56:04
@nooneinparticular Said

And Trump's strategy for 'unification' is to scare people into thinking it's too much of a risk to go against him. Either fall in line or the country collapses... I'm sorry but that's not a call for unity that's an ultimatum for support.

*looks around the sea of blinding white faces* "Now where is my African-American?????"

, Indiana
#9New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 02:55:51
@nooneinparticular Said

Yea Trumps terrible. He is no better. But I disagree that Obama unified anyone

, Indiana
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 03:25:10
@shinobinoz Said

White privilege?????

I mean the exact same thing could be said about the civil rights era. "If blacks were not out protesting then the cops would not have to use batons, water canons, & dogs"!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if Obama caused you ANY discomfort.

No he didn't cause me discomfort but instead of uniting us he basically cheered on people rioting. Right or wrong that is not unifying people. That is furthering the divide
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 04:13:24
@SgtPowerPickle Said

No he didn't cause me discomfort but instead of uniting us he basically cheered on people rioting. Right or wrong that is not unifying people. That is furthering the divide

You do read right out of Trump's alt-factplaybook don't ya?

, Indiana
#12New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 20:16:41
@shinobinoz Said

You do read right out of Trump's alt-factplaybook don't ya?

OMG again with the Trump accusations. You need some new ammo bro
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Feb 22, 2017 @ 01:02:16
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Prove your slander!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Feb 22, 2017 @ 01:02:57
@SgtPowerPickle Said

OMG again with the Trump accusations. You need some new ammo bro

No, you need to stop with the alt-facts & opinion you think is truth.

, Indiana
#15New Post! Feb 26, 2017 @ 07:15:34
@shinobinoz Said

Prove your slander!

Chose sides on the Treyvon case. He weighed in on the case before the facts were even out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs