Assertiveness Test

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#1New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 18:12:46
I found this after taking the "happiness test" and wondering if there was a reason for my optimism..

Turns out that on the assertiveness test, I scored a 96. I'm guessing that will come as no surprise to some people here.

Snapshot Report
Ability to speak for self
You rarely hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a self-assured individual, you are comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect and expect others to treat you this way.

Take the assertiveness test.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#2New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 19:35:53
Well, no big surprise here:

There are times when you'll hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll be reluctant to bring it to attention. Those times when you are feeling self-assured, you are somewhat comfortable letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. Keep in mind however, that if you act like you deserve respect, others will treat you accordingly.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 19:37:00
@boxer Said

I found this after taking the "happiness test" and wondering if there was a reason for my optimism..

Turns out that on the assertiveness test, I scored a 96. I'm guessing that will come as no surprise to some people here.

Snapshot Report
You rarely hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a self-assured individual, you are comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect and expect others to treat you this way.

Pretty much the same spiel for a 62
Except for a "seldom" here and a "typically" there ...

"You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a typically self-assured individual, you are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect, and want others to treat you this way."

Funny thing is, I seldom feel the need to be assertive.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 19:48:45
Snapshot Report

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 20:36:29
i found with me that my mature help control assertiveness to be think out the situation .i hope think of all sides of the issues, before i react to it. mature taught me patient deal with people who don't think before act on things.

i understand the term:

wearing other person's shoes.

i was told on the forum that i don't get angry or don't get mad at people. i do i try to be calm and rationally, when i am on the forum. i like think my rationally thinking is show more than my feelings with members. i get really mad get off the forum and cool off.

assertiveness, i like think that is using more common sense than be pighead or an ass. i am can stubborn at times, and will be pighead or ass, stick with a point . i do like a point beat it to the ground , even i don't win the argument. in my nature. i want other persons know my points, no matter how many i repeat it . to me, more principle to me. letting go of the point. i think that people think i am a little pighead , when i do that that. why everybody love me.

back in 70's, i wonder i was assertive in my 20's, i found out by reading all assertiveness books that i was. i would said that i was a shy person back then. slowly, open up to express myself in general. let out things that bother me, that i held in. others said that i have hold back thin , be more adult and calm. they were right that i had to be in the work place and in the real world.

i believe in myself or a long time, and will stand up and speak out what i believe in. nowsdays, i use and common sense and be rationally to heard.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#6New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 22:00:39
@mrmhead Said

Funny thing is, I seldom feel the need to be assertive.

I agree, though I never have a problem speaking my mind. I wonder if others see that as assertiveness, when I see it as being outspoken?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:10:19
I got a 74. Having the ability to speak for myself.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#8New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:29:37
I got 56 but i'm quite pleased with mine.
I did a similar test about 5 years ago and it said i was quieter than a dead church mouse...

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:50:42
I wonder if there is a correlation between assertiveness and give-a-s***s?
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#10New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:53:04
@mrmhead Said

I wonder if there is a correlation between assertiveness and give-a-s***s?

I'd say it's a negative correlation, if there is one.

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:54:18
@boxer Said

I'd say it's a negative correlation, if there is one.

.. whatever ...

puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#12New Post! Feb 01, 2016 @ 00:52:06
@boxer Said

Snapshot Report

I scored 100 but it said exactly what yours says, so...
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#13New Post! Feb 01, 2016 @ 01:09:52
@puzZles Said

I scored 100 but it said exactly what yours says, so...

You've just burst my bubble i was so pleased cause id got a better response than i had on a similar test a few years ago.
I feel so cheated
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#14New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 01:08:21
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs