ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Childhood
October 22, 2017 @ 05:58:20 am

Quote | Reply

Erimitus

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 06:00:06 am
What did you enjoy doing when you were a child.

A broad range say from your first memory until the beginning of puberty

mrmhead

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 01:44:35 pm
What comes to mind is "Playing Animals"
I had a box of around 50 small plastic animals of all kinds, and certainly not all to the same scale.
My friends and I would divide them up and go on adventures. Sometimes it was "war", but usually more cooperative activities - exploring, battling a common enemy...

There were 3 or 4 weigela bushes that formed a great "fort" or "cave" that the neighbor kid and I would always play under.

twilitezone911

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 02:07:50 pm
one of my first memories of my childhood.

until eight years, my neighbor (best friend ) friend, Sammy and I played with each other's toys. my parents spoiled me had a lot of more toys than Sammy. Sammy used played cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians.

my siblings and I spend a lot of time, with our guardians across the street. even today, their children and us still very close family friends with each others. we usually had dinners over the house during the week, and watched tv until I had to go to bed, and then we went back to my house.

my first lesson of childhood to mature was friendship. friendship last forever.

Jennifer1984

Returner and proud

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 03:32:56 pm
It's a rather Freudian question, E. Hmmmm. Are you psychoanalysing us..? OK, I'll take part in your experiment.

Early memory..? one of my very early Christmases, with all the family there and feeling like it was the most wonderful, magical thing. Everybody smiling and being happy. Sitting at the table and wearing a paper hat that kept slipping down over my face and making everybody laugh.

I was a very girly child. I liked being with my best friend Michelle and doing girl stuff such as playing with My Little Pony or chalking out a hopscotch grid on the pavement. I joined in netball games in the playground and went to dance classes after school.

There is an age gap between my sisters and I (9 & 7 years) and although we are very close as siblings they weren't really 'playmates' so my school friends were my play grouping.

I had a very happy, secure and contented childhood. Only the usual traumas (death of grandparents and a much loved family pet). Dad was a tower of strength, guidance, love and family devotion. Mum was always there to open up to when needed and give advice. My sisters were wonderful 'girl'role models (clothes, make up, hair styles, etc). And because when I was little they were teenagers, I learned all about teenage hormones long before I experienced them.

And then, at senior school, my class mates started talking about boys they liked…. Some started dating….. and I started to realise that I wasn’t interested in them. Something about me was… sort of…. different.

Thus, it begins.

Erimitus

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 03:45:48 pm
It's a rather Freudian question, E.

Hmmmm. Are you psychoanalysing us..? OK, I'll take part in your experiment.

Early memory..? one of my very early Christmases, with all the family there and feeling like it was the most wonderful, magical thing. Everybody smiling and being happy. Sitting at the table and wearing a paper hat that kept slipping down over my face and making everybody laugh.

I was a very girly child. I liked being with my best friend Michelle and doing girl stuff such as playing with My Little Pony or chalking out a hopscotch grid on the pavement. I joined in netball games in the playground and went to dance classes after school.

There is an age gap between my sisters and I (9 & 7 years) and although we are very close as siblings they weren't really 'playmates' so my school friends were my play grouping.

I had a very happy, secure and contented childhood. Only the usual traumas (death of grandparents and a much loved family pet). Dad was a tower of strength, guidance, love and family devotion. Mum was always there to open up to when needed and give advice. My sisters were wonderful 'girl'role models (clothes, make up, hair styles, etc). And because when I was little they were teenagers, I learned all about teenage hormones long before I experienced them.

And then, at senior school, my class mates started talking about boys they liked…. Some started dating….. and I started to realise that I wasn’t interested in them. Something about me was… sort of…. different.

Thus, it begins.

TY

Erimitus

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 03:46:28 pm
@twilitezone911 Said

one of my first memories of my childhood.

until eight years, my neighbor (best friend ) friend, Sammy and I played with each other's toys. my parents spoiled me had a lot of more toys than Sammy. Sammy used played cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians.

my siblings and I spend a lot of time, with our guardians across the street. even today, their children and us still very close family friends with each others. we usually had dinners over the house during the week, and watched tv until I had to go to bed, and then we went back to my house.

my first lesson of childhood to mature was friendship. friendship last forever.

TY

Erimitus

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 03:53:24 pm
J: It's a rather Freudian question, E.

E: I suppose it is.

E: It seems to me that what I enjoyed as a child and what I enjoy as an adult are frequently the same.

E: My psychology professor was Japanese and he did not use Sigmund's first name and for a while I thought he was talking about someone named Floyd. Sometimes I am so dense it scares me...

mrmhead

New Post! October 22, 2017 @ 05:28:25 pm
@Erimitus Said

E: My psychology professor was Japanese and he did not use Sigmund's first name and for a while I thought he was talking about someone named Floyd. Sometimes I am so dense it scares me...

It took me a while before I realized the spoken Beethoven is the same guy as the written Beethoven

"Oh by the way, which one's Pink?"

Erimitus

New Post! October 23, 2017 @ 10:04:50 am
@mrmhead Said

It took me a while before I realized the spoken Beethoven is the same guy as the written Beethoven

"Oh by the way, which one's Pink?"

Chuckle

Eaglebauer

New Post! October 23, 2017 @ 12:25:04 pm
Being in the wilderness. I spent hours alone in the forest and loved the ocean as well.

It carried over into adulthood and today pretty much any answer I have for what constitutes a "perfect vacation" for me involves me being alone miles from anything manmade.

Quote | Reply