A rich man is one who breaths.
Willi

I cannot argue with that.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#18New Post! Oct 21, 2017 @ 01:35:16
@Erimitus Said

I cannot argue with that.

To get the needs to keep breathing is handy.
I've been breathing for 59 years now.
I do not think you could get me to sell that. LOL
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Oct 21, 2017 @ 01:53:24
when I was a kid, ( I have mentioned in another thread ) I used to watch " red skelton show " over the years, he used to salute to the pledge. today, no other celebrity did on their variety show.

in the 60's and the early 70's, Kellogg's cereal boxes promoted stuff for kids on the back of cereal boxes, you have send a couple of cereal box's tops with a check. you get the toy or what ever on the back of the box. I got a lot of stuff off the cereal boxes. I was toy addict, when I was a kid.

Kellogg's ( I think, where I got the 45 record. ) in the 60's and the 70's, cartoon's tv shows and Disney's kid's movies worked to with Kellogg's, promoted tv show or the movie.

back then, 45's records were very popular. I still try to remember, where I got the 45 that red explained the pledge. what each word mean in the pledge. i took the 45 to school, and my teacher rally proud of me, or thank me for bring it to school. I think was nine or ten, when I brought it.

my teacher got a little record player from school, and we listen, and discussed it.

it funny, how I remember that did, and how inspirited it, when red was speaking each word and meaning.

I remember some the pledge today, the words , but not the meaning of each word.

I assume it been over 20 years, since I pledge of allegiance to the flag. I probably would pledge, if I was front of the flag. during this time, I would if really believe what I saying.

if back then, I question where I lie I am proud to be American these days, because America present and past. America not always not the good white hat in the past or today.

as individual, I am proud to be an America. I am not sure I am proud of America, their been so many scenarios of America of engaring things are questionable.

I question is America or people of America has something to be proud of it's country or America is the pledge and the America flag is the representation not the other countries.

or these two symbols of America are to best that represent to us, American people?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#20New Post! Oct 21, 2017 @ 02:01:01
@twilitezone911 Said

as individual, I am proud to be an America. I am not sure I am proud of America, their been so many scenarios of America of engaring things are questionable.

I question is America or people of America has something to be proud of it's country or America is the pledge and the America flag is the representation not the other countries.

or these two symbols of America are to best that represent to us, American people?

I pledge to keep my part of America safe and clean.
I have more pride in a clean home.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Oct 21, 2017 @ 02:13:38
@Willi Said

I pledge to keep my part of America safe and clean.
I have more pride in a clean home.

willi- over the years, things that we heard on the news, that government does or doesn't do other countries. what do for us in America or not.

you have to wonder, who back, they are watching over?

in America, these get done by laws, how good the laws are. or how embarrassing we need to change them. we question the laws, if there really any justice, everybody. or the few is above the law or what race is.

willi, when you said that clean your house, or could have said clean your backyard.

should be you own responsibility for own actions, not someone else.

where is America going these days??
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#22New Post! Oct 28, 2017 @ 20:05:15
@twilitezone911 Said

where is America going these days??

Living rural, I notice a "We take car of our self", "Don't tax me and give to them" thinking.
In the city, folks more understand MOST want to take care of them self, and understand some need help.
I think it comes from city folks knowing more people?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Oct 28, 2017 @ 21:28:49
@Willi Said

Living rural, I notice a "We take car of our self", "Don't tax me and give to them" thinking.
In the city, folks more understand MOST want to take care of them self, and understand some need help.
I think it comes from city folks knowing more people?

willi- you be right about your question.

I grew up in the city, and people in the city would like in the country than the city.

people in the country live either way, in the city or country.

over the years, since I was young, I would like to live small country town or deep in the woods somewhere more or less like " the waltons ". somedays, i would mind now to live in country.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#24New Post! Oct 29, 2017 @ 22:00:28
@twilitezone911 Said

over the years, since I was young, I would like to live small country town or deep in the woods somewhere more or less like " the waltons ". somedays, i would mind now to live in country.

I found corn to be a great neighbor, soy bean is nice if you want to see farther.
wheat fields have mice.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#25New Post! Oct 29, 2017 @ 23:54:30
@Willi Said

I found corn to be a great neighbor, soy bean is nice if you want to see farther.
wheat fields have mice.

Corn fields have children.... [i[Children of the Corn

Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#26New Post! Oct 30, 2017 @ 01:12:53
@chaski Said

Corn fields have children.... [i[Children of the Corn

Them brats are why country folks have many guns.
gotta clear the fields before each new crop.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs