Forums:
Politics

election data turnover

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#1New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 00:32:57
Right here in the United States: Recently there is a new investigation into voter activity in Washington. States are being asked to turn over voter information to the Feds. Well, excuse me but I was under the impression that we had confidential aka secret, voting ballots in our elections. This is done for a reason, to avoid coercion by candidates in elections. This voter principle is fundamental to fair elections. Also, fishing expeditions and random searches are prohibited by the Constitution (remember that important document?). There is just so much gobbledygook coming out of Washington lately it is hard to keep up. And what are the States doing even having collected all this personal info about voter records? That is an invasion of privacy as bad as listening to all our phone calls and e-mails. If you are not outraged, you are just not paying attention.

Sincerely Corey
(rudeness redacted)
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 00:53:48
@Corey Said

Well, excuse me but I was under the impression that we had confidential aka secret, voting ballots in our elections.

My father was a staunch Republican. Everyone who knew him knew that. One could probably assume who he voted for every time... a Republican.

However, if anyone ever asked him who he voted for, he would say "I voted for the candidate of my choice by secret ballot.

Voting by secret ballot is an essential part of democracy in the USA.

On the other hand, the Trump administration keeps insisting that there was voter fraud.

I say OK...if there was voter fraud, do a 100% recount and full audit of the 2016 election... 100%....all votes nationwide...all....

Then "we" will either see voter fraud or not.

"We" will see whether any voter fraud had an impact.

Then "we" will know if there is a problem and how much of a problem.... 100% recount and audit of the 2016 vote.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 00:57:06
Or maybe we should pass a law that requires all snowflake liberals to wear a big yellow "D" on their clothing so all will know who are the worst people in the world.... it will make it easier to target round them up if we can easily identify them.

spoontoss On July 20, 2017

Rohnert Park, California
#4New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 02:10:25
President Trump is functionally amoral. His and McConnell's idea for a health care bill has no moral center of gravity, and the same is true of the Republicans who support this heartless and outright cruel undertaking. That people could vote these morally empty individuals into office proves that a lot of people don't see the truth behind the appearance of things. If our fellow eligible voters would only shake-off their apathy and look at their politicians' voting records and loyalties - which define their characters - maybe they would recognize them for the opportunists that they are. Apparently, "I am my brother's keeper" is not in most Republican's playbooks. Jesus' commands have fallen on infertile soil.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 02:17:32
But hasn't he, ironically, supported states independence on a number of things "Let the States Decide"... rings a bell.

So why doesn't he trust the states to monitor and control their own voting systems?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 02:24:08
@Corey Said

Right here in the United States: Recently there is a new investigation into voter activity in Washington. States are being asked to turn over voter information to the Feds. Well, excuse me but I was under the impression that we had confidential aka secret, voting ballots in our elections. This is done for a reason, to avoid coercion by candidates in elections. This voter principle is fundamental to fair elections. Also, fishing expeditions and random searches are prohibited by the Constitution (remember that important document?). There is just so much gobbledygook coming out of Washington lately it is hard to keep up. And what are the States doing even having collected all this personal info about voter records? That is an invasion of privacy as bad as listening to all our phone calls and e-mails. If you are not outraged, you are just not paying attention.

Sincerely Corey
(rudeness redacted)

Are you upset that states have detailed information on peoples voting records?
Someone has to have the information to validate. Who would that be otherwise?

And Yes! It is as bad as listening to all our phone calls and e-mails

...Because Nobody is Doing It!

Do you realize how many people it would take to listen in on ALL calls and read ALL e-mails? Our unemployment rate would plummet!

And maybe Facebook could outsource their monitoring to the gov't, it's obvious they can't keep up.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#7New Post! Jul 20, 2017 @ 12:59:40
@Corey Said

Sincerely Corey
(rudeness redacted)

don't vote much do ya??...

There is a big difference between voter records and voting...
when you go and vote you walk in tell the workers your name they look it up and you sign your name beside it..then give you a ballot and you vote..
so where do you think they get all those records to look up your name??..from your voter registration..you know the paperwork you fill out when you sign up to be able to vote....

Did you do know that some states put all the information on line..IE: Colorado if you know someone in Colo that is registered to vote google them..you will see all their info and how many time in the past they have voted...but not who they voted for...that part is still secret..

It's that paperwork that that DC is asking for...

and you do know that anyone working for a campaign can go to each sec of state pay a fee and get all that info...right??
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jul 21, 2017 @ 03:58:11
I think everyone should just be automatically registered when they turn 18. Same with IDs. Whose idea was it to have to fill out forms just for the right to vote anyhow?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs