Wisconsin
United States
PLS: ? 44.03

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

snowduck's journal
TFS Journal
Drifting
July 12, 2017 @ 10:56:50 am
Hebrews 2:1 - We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. - Years ago Paul Simon sang a song called "Slip Slidin' Away", and it kind of reminds me of this scripture, telling us that we could drift away from God if we're not careful just like the Israelites did in the old testament. They drifted away and began to worship idols when they knew better and it cost them big time (Numbers 32:13 - The Lord’s anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone)..But as the old saying goes "there's good news tonight". If we do drift away and do whatever the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11) tells us that God will forgive us and be glad if we return to him. The only way we can completely leave God is by our own decision, no one else can take us away from him (John 10:28 - ...no one will snatch them out of my hand). Even while he was punishing the Israelites God was taking care of them, and he will take care of us even if he is angry with us. If he didn't want to take care of us he wouldn't have sent his only son to die and justify us to himself (Romans 8:1 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,). Drifting away from Christ is something we should strive to avoid. https://whataboutjesus.com

Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply