teaching

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
luckyboy44 On March 26, 2020

Raytown,
#1New Post! May 23, 2017 @ 10:14:13
WHAT CHILDREN NEED TO KNOW
We must teach our children not to fear.
We must teach our children to care about themselves and others.
We must teach our children that they are not alone but an important part of the life of this world.
We must teach our children that they have unlimited possibilities.
We must teach our children that they can learn to do what any other person has done and more.
We must teach our children how to relax and find peace within themselves

We know that fear, worry, and violence have no place in a healthy life.
We know that we can not change the past or the present.
We know that the future is dependent only on the choices we make.
A better future depends only on better choices.
It is our duty to teach our children to make better choices so they can have a better future.

Please comment with your thoughts and suggestions on improvement so that I can learn from you.
You can find my page at www.facebook.com/ToTomarow 
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! May 23, 2017 @ 12:32:13
I agree with some of this wholeheartedly:

That children should learn to care for themselves and others, that they are not alone, how to relax and find peace.

I agree that the future is dependent on the choices we make and that a better future depends on better choices, and that we should teach children to make better ones so they can have a better future (I would hoist you on my shoulders for that one if I could).

I completely disagree that a healthy life does not hold a place for fear or worry. Fear is why you and I are still alive. Worry is why we have the ability to care for ourselves and others, which we've already agreed is important.

We should absolutely not teach children that they have unlimited possibilities or that they can do what any other person has done. We should teach them realistic possibilities. If a child with severe asthma is taught that he can be an NBA superstar while it's medically impossible, it will only crush him harder when he does not attain that goal. We should teach children to do what they are most capable of while remaining as happy as possible, yes, but it's extremely damaging to tell them they have unlimited possibilities. It's actually a lie as well.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs